Langham Hotel

Langham Hotel Employee Reviews

Canada6 reviews
I enjoyed working at the langham on personal and professional level . The work culture always pushes one to do more and more in their job role . Regular work training and experience management always provide help when you need it which makes things so much better for anyone .
At the langham its a wonderful place to work and different culture back ground working together am a team and departments work together in events and having food culture festival for the staff.And learning new ideas everyday with new staff and old staff,the hardest part of the job when staff leave.The most enjoyable moment of the job is having a meal together in a group just like a big family and helping each other as a team.
Pros
30mins puls coffee break 15mins
Cons
40-48 hours
The team and managers here are amazing to work with. Our work culture is great and they are open to new ideas. I love coming into work and seeing my work family/friends
Horrible environment. Poor leadership, no support from managers. No room for career growth or development. Workplace culture is negative and poisoned. The atmosphere is that of bullying, managers and those with "seniority" bully those with less seniority. Very negative overall. Really nothing enjoyable about the job at all, most people just keep showing up for the paycheque. DO NOT apply to work here, it will suck the will to live out of you. Save yourself and apply to better, well reputed brands that are out there.
Pros
Cons
Everything. No duty meals, not manager support. Poor leadership.
Good place to work - many staff return. Tough sell in the hospitality market for corporate business. Great staff and team.

Good to staff - many benefits

Owned by Langham Hospitality Group.
Pros
Great team of employees
Cons
Tough sell in the hotel market. Huge hotel and ownership are very demanding.
When I worked there the hotel was under the Delta management. In the summer of 2013 Delta walked away and the hotel became an Eaton property, which also belong to a group of Langham hotels.

If it wasn't for me having to move away from Toronto I would have never left this property. The work/life balance is great. Their appreciation for the employees is visible, as well as the Festive Galas are always very creative and show that the management cares. Even though the food is not provided by the hotel, the salary more than makes up for it. As well as there are plenty of places around the hotel that have affordable meals.

The hardest part of the job is the variety of guests from all walks of life. That also keep the day interesting. The culture at the hotel is one a big fun family.
Pros
Location of the hotel - close to everything in the city.
Cons
If you want to live close to the hotel, because of the location, it is very expensive.