Langara College

Langara College Employee Reviews

Canada39 reviews
Innovative and collaborative workplace
I worked an innovative project which brought me many challenges, such as liaising with many departments, creating new processes, running a new Langara campus, and supporting more than 100 new students from September 2019 to March 2020.
Great place to work.
I was also taking classes so working there was a great way to continue my education. I felt management was a bit lax and communication stunted, overall I had a good experience.
Good Place to study
as a student it was good working environment and the faculty was also experienced.
The curriculum was also nicely formed which helped in gaining the desired knowledge.
Great place to work!
Excellent management, inspiring environment. This is a great place to work and feel as tough you are being mentored and listened to. Extremely supportive management and senior colleagues.
Great management but pay could improve. A fun environment to work in.
Great management but pay could improve. A fun environment to work in.
A lot of contract work and few to no raises. HR or People and Culture can be difficult to deal with.
Great place to learn
Worked as a Student Ambassador at the International Education Office. It's a part-time position.
My coworkers were always there to help and teach me.
TA & Volunteering experience
Not very competitive comparing to other big universities/colleges
Instructors are nice and helpful

Management is great

nothing more to share .........
Good opportunity to develop your skills / Mostly independent work / Difficult to get 10% of students in a course to attend PSL sessions
The experience is rewarding because it allows people to develop their skills. A lot of the work is done independently. The most difficult part of the job is getting at least 10% of students in a course to attend Peer Supported Learning sessions.
Pros
Good opportunity to develop your skills
Cons
Mostly independent work
Small campus, big heart
People are really engaged here at Langara. The instructors are friendly, the staff seem happy. There are many short term opportunities here, and nice outdoor spaces.
Pros
Wellness workshops for staff
Cons
Strict working hours
Excellent
Was a great job..
Had a lot of automy..

Great mangers to work with..

Supportive management..

Worked on team building...

Co-workers very supportive..

Assistant administrators were wonderful at their jobs, very helpful and pleasant.
I'm proud of working in langara because of positive environment
The quantity of work was great and employer had excellent managing .also HR department follow the official way for supporting employee ,however they paired minimum wage (13.85),honestly I was satisfied.
Excellent
The work environment is cozy.
Students drop by to ask questions.

A typical workplace that colleagues can share knowledge, ideas, and experience about work.
Teaching Assistant For 6 Years
I had a positive experience as a TA at Langara. Though I'm sure one's experience may vary depending on the instructor you work for. The administrative staff is friendly.
good for building communication and social skills
nice work as it helps building good social and communication skills. as I am doing medical studies in Langara. it helped me understand some of the diseases.
Pros
free medicines to employees
Cons
far from home
a typical day at work
i am working as a cook assistant to the Asian kitchen, in the meantime i am study photography.. is really very great experience all go those years. The preparation about cooking is really enjoyable.
fun instructors to work with
It is good to practice relative knowledge to your job. three hours for each section per week, so it is flexible to manage your time. Also, have to remember to submit the timesheet on time
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
n/a
Fun workplace
I love editing and everyone that works there are very helpful and friendly. They trusted me I was allowed to be creative and try new things. The Creative Arts department is really cool.
Great workplace
It was great working here. The staff were very organized and my higher-ups were wonderful to work with. It was a very chill workplace and I definitely enjoyed it.
Really nice
Everything was really nice.I did volunteering which was really helpful for me to grow and making more links. I did my studies side by side with this and gained a lot.
awesome
I really enjoyed my time there. I would go to work in the afternoon and I would just have to make sure the studio was completely prepped for the first year students. I also stuck around in the class aiding students who needed help.
Provides an environment to grow, so much to learn.
A great platform to apply theoretical knowledge into practice.

Following are he highlights of what I did and achieved so far at Langara:-

• Helped office staff with documentation; organized and manage files along with typing, editing and proofreading of documents.

• Assisted students with various queries in international department and arranged appointments with associate directors and coordinators.

• Sending out, receiving and replying mails.

• Kept up-to-date information, assisted guests and visitors in various daily operations.

• Coordinated between departments and operating units in resolving day in and day out administrative and operational problems.