Langara College Employee Reviews

Really nice
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC17 June 2018
Everything was really nice.I did volunteering which was really helpful for me to grow and making more links. I did my studies side by side with this and gained a lot.
awesome
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC7 June 2018
I really enjoyed my time there. I would go to work in the afternoon and I would just have to make sure the studio was completely prepped for the first year students. I also stuck around in the class aiding students who needed help.
Administrative Assistant(part-time) (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC4 June 2018
Provides an environment to grow, so much to learn.
A great platform to apply theoretical knowledge into practice.

Following are he highlights of what I did and achieved so far at Langara:-

• Helped office staff with documentation; organized and manage files along with typing, editing and proofreading of documents.
• Assisted students with various queries in international department and arranged appointments with associate directors and coordinators.
• Sending out, receiving and replying mails.
• Kept up-to-date information, assisted guests and visitors in various daily operations.
• Coordinated between departments and operating units in resolving day in and day out administrative and operational problems.
Fun Volunteer Experience
VOLUNTEER (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC19 March 2018
It was a good experience as a volunteer. Lots to learn with opportunity to grow and excel in career. Fun workplace and co-workers are always happy to help
Productive and fun place to work
Human Resources Assistant (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC22 November 2017
Worked there for 31 years, would not have if I did not enjoy it.

I especially enjoyed the people in all of the departments that I had work with or in. The special event groups are amazing
Good environment for learning
Student (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC3 September 2017
More hands on approach on everyday business aspects such as making business plans, event planning, accounting and financial projections as well as many other programs that provide first hand learning experiences.
Great work/life balance
MARKETING AND SPECIAL INITIATIVES ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC9 August 2017
It is nice to go to work and go home and not need to worry and think about work constantly. Decent salary and benefits as well! Everyone is friendly!!
KIN Open Lab Tutor
KIN Open Lab Tutor (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC14 July 2017
SWAP has helped me so much, not just financially, but in both learning and meeting new students of my kind. The supervisor was very helpful and really cared for the students' schedules.
Assistant (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC22 March 2017
If you are a student, this is great. SWAP work allows you to focus on your studies while still earning some cash on the side. For the work i am doing i can work from home or school, any time during the day, basically whenever i have time. I would highly recommend this to anyone.
Pros
Very flexible work hours
Cons
max 20h per week, pay is on the low end
productive job for resume
Student Assistance (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC14 February 2017
nice job with high pay and can ask a supervisor for being a reference
it is kinda easy and the best place to work for however only one term
Pros
high pay
Cons
less shift
Fun Place to work with children
Art Teacher (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC8 September 2016
i am the art teacher at the college. it is very fun to work with children from age 4 to 12. i have 2 classes, one is children's drawing, and sketch class.
Pros
free style in teaching
Cons
not enough hours
Great, Hard-working, Passionate people
Bookstore Associate (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC18 July 2016
Met plenty of great people here. The hours were flexible and the pay was good. I was happy with the training and the managers were very different but equally cooperative.
Diverse work culture with an outstanding student community
Junior Executive of Marketing of LBA (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC4 March 2016
A typical day at work would be like hanging out in the back of your school with your high school friends after a long day of classes. We enter the office, we get down to business, see what's done and what still needs to be done, have a recap, and then go out for dinner together. I have learned many things over the past few years from my co-workers and bosses. I have learned to be more organized through completing multiple tasks before the given deadline. I have learned how to work well with others through team management and consultation. I have learned to develop as a leader and as a business professional. My co-workers are open minded and understanding. When a conflict arises, they are willing to listen objectively to the opposition, and give efficient input on the subject at hand. The hardest part of the job is also the most enjoyable part of the job, which is to convince students to join our events. Many students see Langara College as an intermediary institution, as a passage into Universities such as UBC or SFU. Therefore, they focus more on finishing their studies rather than investigating the Clubs at Langara and seeing what they have to offer. We tackle this by pitching ourselves as an opportunity to enhance a student's education, rather than an activity to release stress.
Experience as a Math Tutor
Mathematics Tutor (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC2 February 2016
I would help students with concepts they were struggling with concepts in Mathematics and help them develop a solid foundation in the subject.

Once every week I would meet with my supervisor and discuss the teaching strategies that I used in helping students develop an understanding of the material instead of spoon feeding them and doing their assignments for them.
College Student
student (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC8 January 2016
Lots of academical knowledge. As a computer science students you learn everything you need but you got to look for opportunities to put it into practice. Push yourself and you`ll see the results.
Everyone wants to become a director!
Camera and Lighting Instructor (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC9 October 2015
Teaching students video production often surprises them with the amount of detail there is to learn. Technology is becoming easier and easier with more and more tools to make things easier but it still requires a certain level of technical proficiency.
Fun and Inspiring
International Student Organizer (Volunteer) (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC12 May 2013
Langara is the first formal college I enrolled when I first came to Canada. I cannot express hoe much I love my life there.

People there are super nice and extremely helpful. Being an IEVP (international education volunteer) made my academic life there more colorful and memorable. In fact, helping other international students and enriching their lives was actually enhancing my ability and life as well.

Love Langara!
Great College with small class sizes
Full time student (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC26 July 2012
Langara has small class sizes and dedicated instructors. The college governance is new and coming up with new ideas to deliver education in the best way possible. There are new educational programs along with new Bachelor degrees in the pipeline. This school has a well known theater program and basketball program. I enjoyed my classes because I found them practical and the instructors were patient and highly knowledgeable professionals.
Pros
small class sizes
Cons
ever increasing school fees