Landsperg Auto Group Employee Reviews

Reception
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Courtenay, BC17 October 2019
Horrible management, poor training and organization in house across all departments, masochistic attitudes from male staff, micromanagement high expectations for staff yet no appreciation shown for work done, and did I say poor training? I observed the work place culture was less than supportive for some staff experiencing challenges. I would not recommend them as an employer.
Keep Looking
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 August 2019
Don’t work for this dealer and stay clear of the group. Some of the most unprofessional, unorganized, uneducated unscrupulous people I have ever had the misfortune of coming into contact with. Sets the auto industry back decades. Management is responsible as it starts there and trickles down. Do not waste your time here. There are fantastic opportunities in the business and zero of them are here. Massive Fail. I wish I could say that there was something redeeming. Unfortunately there is nothing. The culture this place has fostered has become part of the fabric of who these people aspire to be. Nothing good. Not a place to have a career in this business. I wouldn’t even say it a place to work until you find something better. Keep looking!!
Pros
Nothing. Run don’t walk.
Cons
Read above and keep looking
Lots of room for advancement
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB2 July 2019
I worked for LAG a couple years at a couple different locations. Management & staff were always easy going and fine to get along with. I do recommend for people looking to grind to make good money.
Pros
Advancement
Opportunity for growth
Accounting Clerk (Current Employee) –  Courtenay, BC27 June 2019
I very much enjoyed the different positions that I had the opportunity to experience. I learned new skills, and was given opportunities to move up in the company.
Pros
Loved my boss
Cons
Turn over among staff
You only get to live one life - don't waste any of it working here
Finance Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB31 May 2019
Northland Kia has one and only one redeeming quality and that's the staff members who are working there. The sales team (management excluded) is composed of some of the best people that I've ever had the opportunity to work with.

Aside from that however, this place is all tunnel with no light at the end. Poor wages, non existant communication from upper management, dishonesty, etc.

There are lots of car sales opportunities available in Calgary. Do yourself a big favour and look for another one.
Typical trashy salesman/woman at KIA Red Deer
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, AB10 May 2019
Will run credit checks on customers without permission, I witnessed this on multiple occasions as a trainee. ABSOLUTELY NO training provided to me yet I was expected to sell cars my first day not having a clue about the procedure, features/ prices of vehicles etc. The entire list of potential customers to call has been thrown at every new employee since they've been in business, as a result, any customer you call will literally jump down your throat because KIA will not stop harassing them. If you have morals this place definitely isn't for you. If your slimey, play favorites,and don't mind the odd fib to make a sale this place is your perfect match.
Pros
Flate rate of pay while training
Cons
Everything listed below
Good pay, way over worked
Finance (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB3 May 2019
It's an ok company to work for overall, GM of the store really cares about his employees, rest of the management not so much. Pay is good but their is no work/life balance. Minimum hours you would work on an average day is 10, most likely more though. Corporate team overall is really hard to work with as well. Too much red tape and bs to go through.
Pros
Pay
Cons
My worst job yet - detailing
Detailer (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB9 April 2019
Was promised good hours. You get paid by however many cars you clean throughout the day. They'll just stick you with all the hardest cars to clean then fire you once they're done with you. You'll clean a car for 6 hours and get paid for not even 2 hours. I worked over 40 hours a week with a paycheck of 2 weeks being less than 700. Got fired for refusing illegal driving, too.
Pros
Drive nice cars
Cons
Terrible pay, terrible management
Management awful Good coworkers
3m / Detailer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB28 February 2019
Management Never easy to communicate, always have to wait long if you need help. dislike did more works with no paid. CHEAP!
Service Department Manager was rude and never helpful Not get any supportive.
Jobs in service Department for homeless people the best.Top guys please stay away!
Pros
Staff went out together have good time LUNCH
Cons
Work More Paid Less
hard place to work
Car Detailer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 February 2019
Job was easy work though highly demanding.
Management was not easy to get along with. Did not ever receive my full pay amount on cheques. Was not the best job however it payed the bills regardless if I was getting what I was supposed too.
Pros
decent pay
No training
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB28 January 2019
When I was hired I was told I would be trained and I wasn’t. I basically was given a little bit of guidance but then I was on my own to figure things out by asking questions to other coworkers and managers. There is very high turn over and definitely favouritism towards certain staff members. Basically if you do something wrong, you have a target on your head. I would not recommend anyone to work for this company.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
No training
Extremely high turnover rate
Sales Person (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 January 2019
The extremely high turnover rate is in both sales staff and management. 0 training. All sales are flats. Poorly managed. Do not care about their staff. "What have you done for me lately?" is the management motto. I was promised benefits on my start date and was forced to wait the 90-day probationary period after I started. Would never recommend anyone to work here. Avoid at all costs!
Pros
No pros
Cons
long hours, 0 appreciation, poor management, careless owner
Worst Job Experience Ever !!!!
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Leduc, AB16 December 2018
When 6 people quit, before the new GM starts, NOT a good sign. Also not a good sign in his first month in the seat that staff change over is 90% with only 2 long term employee's left. Says lots about a company............... not a good place to work, not looking good to customers, unstable work environment for all, staff scared of losing jobs daily.......................... says a lot about Landsperg Automotive Group not caring about loyal staff retention, but lining of their pockets!
Pros
Zero
Cons
Horrible Environment
This was the worst place ever
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  lethbridge Alberta26 November 2018
Pay was irregular if you managed to get paid. They pay you flats (bare minimum ) on every sale, the culture is childish pushy and demoralizing. I was very sad to hear some of my clients stories after they purchased from me when i worked her. I was naive and did not realize what was happening to them until well after it was too late.
They would swear at you, belittle you and I left crying many times.
HORRIBLE>
They change my T4 after they handed it out to me, after I had completed my taxes.
Pros
no pros
Cons
taught what NOT to do in the auto industry
boring small place to work
Internet Manager (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, SK25 October 2018
extremely small business with not a lot of up traffic making business tough. being in such a small city there is not a good opportunity to have a good work life balance
cut throat tough work environment
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB25 October 2018
work hard and you can see success, if you don't work hard you will not make it. there is little to no training and without the ability to quickly grasp concepts and handle criticism it would be tough to make a go at this job
Great place to learn, earn and advance
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Duncan, BC2 October 2018
The pay structure is outstanding. If you can move atleast ten wips a month, your earning will be fine. 20 - 30 wips say hello to the biggest paycheck of your life. There are a lot of great managers in this business, figure out who they are and learn from them. If you are great, then teach the ones with the right attitude. To be a top performer you need to be back to back pinning. But you will be doing that in your dream car.
tldr; the more you put in, the more you get
Pros
Pay, free lunch on saturday, family accomodation
Cons
Loooong hours. Your sales manager might not be as strong as you need.
New management
SERVICE WRITER/LUBE BAY SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Leduc, AB1 September 2018
Leduc Hyundai used to be amazing to work for until the ownership changed and all the original managers were either gotten rid of or quit because of new policies. They have no care for customers and only out for money. Almost all original staff of 5 years are gone replaced by new people who only stay for a month at a time.
Pros
close to airport
Cons
management
Great place to work, met alot of good people that I will know for a long time.
Finance (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, AB24 August 2018
I started selling here and from the moment you are hired they dedicate themselves to your training so that you can see results fast. Everyone is dedicated to growing the business while growing with each other within the business.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Long hours and no weekends
service technician
technician (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 August 2018
during employment for the company I found the management to be hard to communicate with.
when hired there is no actual training, just some computer work unrelated to what your skill level is... or what your hired to do...
even after asking the answers are unclear.
respect doesn't exsist in management..
service writers do not respect employees well or customers.
Pros
lunch free on saturdays for sales staff only
Cons
communication