Lands' End Inc Employee Reviews

Great place to work!
Designer (Former Employee) –  Dodgeville, WI18 April 2018
A very customer focused company with great people who really care about what they do. My team felt like a big family and there was not a lot of turn over.
Nice professional workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Reedsburg, WI18 April 2018
I worked answering phones and placing orders. I was a data entry job over the Christmas holiday period from November to January. I enjoyed the job. The job training was excellent.
Pros
Good people to work for
Cons
Only temporary part time
Productive workplace
Distributor Sales (Former Employee) –  Dodgeville, WI17 April 2018
Packed and unpacked items to be stocked on shelves in warehouse.
Received and counted stock items, and recorded data using computer.
Examined and inspected stock items for wear or defects, reporting any damage to supervisors.
fun place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FL17 April 2018
ok place to work but not much advancement opportunities. The company is basically dead on the retail side since moving into sears. the store I worked in was a beat down sears which is now closing. sad.
Lands end was a fun, but fast job
Packer/Shipper (Former Employee) –  Dodgeville, WI4 April 2018
Working as a packer at Lands End, teaches you how to be fast and efficient when it comes to packing a certain amount of orders a day. You are to problem solve on your own when needed, and you are too make sure everything is in order for the next day. Fast is key to working for Lands End.
Pros
Music is slowed
Cons
Lunch was too short for seven hours
Competitive and cut throat
Network Administrator (Former Employee) –  Dodgeville, WI29 March 2018
Competitive and cut throat. There are advancement opportunities but not many and so it creates a competitive work environment. Everyone is for themselves due to the lack of advancement opportunities.
Lands' End
Customer Care Specialist (Current Employee) –  Dodgeville, WI25 March 2018
I enjoy the people that I work with but am looking for a more challenging position. The job was suppose to be considered a flex job but they really aren't that flexable when it comes to working around certain hours.
Great Company, but stuck inside another failing one
SALES LEAD (Former Employee) –  Springdale, OH20 March 2018
I love the Lands' End brand. They have a vision and know where they want to go. But they have hampered that vision by lingering in the toxic Sears environment. As a manager, I lost many valuable employees because they were not treated well by the Sears managers. I even lost some new hires because they were treated horribly by the Sears HR manager. So despite loving selling this brand and enjoying merchandising and floor sets, I had to leave. If this brand ever ends up in a stand alone store, I will be the first to hop back in.
Pros
Vision, quality
Cons
Inside another toxic retailer
great place to work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Stevens Point, WI19 March 2018
I was a little frustrated that I was working close to full time hours, then hours were cut to 29 hours per week. I now have to find another part time job. During peak season hours are 40+ a week. I work from home, the job is otherwise great and would recommend it to anyone. A great company culture. Help from upper management is good. Pay is ok. Excellent job
Pros
work from home
Cons
not enough hours off peak
Excellent Place to work- growing rapidley
Sales (Current Employee) –  Dodgeville, WI14 March 2018
Lands' End is growing significantly. new CEO and leadership is making a big push and has a very good understanding of the business and industry. Strong product, strong reputation, and strong growth. The School and Business outfitters are growing significantly as well.
Pros
culture, people, job advancement, on site facilities, summer concerts
Cons
growing pains, need to update technology and IT infrastructure

Want to know more about Lands' End Inc?

Ask a question
It was a wonderful company to work for because they really care about their employees.
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NC6 March 2018
I loved working at Lands' End. The company really cares about their employees. I worked with a wonderful group of women and enjoyed going to work everyday.
Favorite company to work for
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Stevens Point, WI28 February 2018
Lands' End is by far my favorite company i've ever worked for. They truly care about you as a person and about your family life. They provide a lot of family orientated activities and discounts as well. The employees are wonderful.
Pros
Amazing staff
need more clarity
be yourself
collaborate
need to delegate
always be positive
relate to each person's character
don't assume
ask questions
be alert
act on demand
separate business with home life
have a home life
be happy with what you are doing
Productive and Rewarding with great Lands' End atmosphere
COORDINATOR/ ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Waldorf, MD15 February 2018
A day at work proved to be very rewarding and productive. Throughout the day, you are kept busy between working on the presentation of the shop, attending to the needs of the customers and miscellaneous tasks. Specifically Lands' End management is very helpful and has always practiced stellar communication between upper management and store level employees. The most enjoyable part of the job is making it so that a customer can walk out of the shop feeling confident about what she has purchased and how she looks in it.
Somewhat productive
Embroidery Trimmer (Former Employee) –  Dodgeville, WI12 February 2018
Trimming was pretty laid back. Very good job for a high school student. Got to work with different people on a daily basis, working on different machines.
Good company to work for.
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Danbury, CT6 February 2018
Great structure, manager was efficient worked hard. Busy store, was ever changing and growing. Focus was on customer care and product value. Staff was excellent, hard working and good people.
Pros
Great people to work with.
Cons
The store moved out of the mall.
Very nice place to work
Production Operative (Former Employee) –  Oakham2 February 2018
A very nice and friendly place to work. I learned in this company that I can do a variety of things that I did not imagine and felt good about what I was doing and the people around me.
Very fast paced
Orderfiller (Former Employee) –  Reedsburg, WI31 January 2018
The people who have woeked there a long time treat new people very poorly. Seasonal workers kinda get the short end of the stick. Be prepared to work very hard and have little reward.
nice staff, but workpace either very busy, to busy, or to very quiet.
Warehouse Order Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Rutland30 January 2018
Likes: nice friendly people in general, no chavs or riff raff. Management are fairly friendly, understanding, accommodating etc. Nice canteen with TV, quality food/value for money with staff discount. Clean toilets, washing facilities. Hours: could fall at either 06:45am start or 07:45am, finishing at 15:15pm/16:15pm. Some overtime may be offered during peak periods.

Dislikes: too large a segment of non-indigenous oversupplying the ability to sustain the work long-term for locals. Mngmt unevenly delegate workloads to staff doing exact same role. Pot luck on what you get given to do. If there's not enough work, you may go home early, without pay of course.

Breaks: 2x15min break either side of 1x30min lunch. However, sometimes the targets set make you so busy that if you fall behind, or need a toilet break, it may have a significant impact on the ability to reach your targets set for the hour, thus making you fall behind and creates a domino effect that becomes hard for you to claw back or redeem.

Picking is 423 labels/hour as per garment using a picking cart up one aisle and down another in a zig-zag fashion. It is not an easy job compared to some, you have to sweat. Packing is 100, which includes locating each item then working at a packing station to manually bag each item you've been to pick. This is a relatively easier task than Picking.
Pros
staff discount on food and clothing
Cons
sometimes little or no time for sufficient break
Fun Place to work
Sales Home Agent (Current Employee) –  Madison, WI30 January 2018
I love working for Lands End as a Home agent, it allows me the flexibility to work from home and still attend appointments and activities with my kids.