Landmark Home Solutions Employee Reviews

Only work here if you are absolutely desperate for temp money
Telemarketer (Former Employee) –  Ontario21 August 2018
- typical work day is calling the same people over and over and over
- learned nothing but scamming
- management was a total joke
- hardest part of the job was dealing with it for a 4 hr shift
- other than getting paid, there was nothing enjoyable about this job
- DO NOT APPLY FOR THIS JOB unless you want a boring, demanding, mind numbing, thankless and demeaning future.
- this company only cares about their profit, go figure, and could care less about their workers, unless they put sales on the board, even if they aren't real sales ... im sure they dont last either
- RUN RUN RUN!!!!!!
Pros
air conditioned
Cons
EVERYTHING!!! This is a job for only the desperate of people.
Run as fast as you can
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON3 March 2018
This is by far the worst company I have ever worked for. This company does not care about its employees. Do not be fooled by their scripted nonsense. They try to trick the employees the same way they try to trick the customers,
Pros
Not an office job
Cons
commission only, boring but not a bad job
Regional Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  GTA, ON12 December 2017
Great ownership. Unbelievably boring job. Commission only, and commission structures change without notice or effective communication. They do manage and fill your schedule for you, no cold calling, which is the best part of the job aside from the owner who is a really great guy.
Pros
No cold calling
Cons
lots of wasted time, no salary, benefits or mileage allowance
Great place if your willimg to learn
Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Welland, ON10 October 2017
Willing to teach those who are willing to learn get incentives and great co workers they take suggestion and put them to use for a better work environment doing work or working with other they keep it fun and always an opportunity to make more money (if your willing to try)
Pros
Weekly pay and no pressure environment
Cons
Min. Wage
run run run
Sale Representative (Current Employee) –  Thorold, ON18 May 2017
if i could rate them below zero i would. this is probably the worst place to work at. The managers are so unprofessional, the people there have no personality, and they do not treat you like family. Your just a number. Your better off either staying on OW, or working at McDonald's.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
Waste of time
Lead Generator (Former Employee) –  Thorold, ON6 February 2017
If you want to waste away into nothing, call the same people every day, and essentially pester people then this is the job for you. Management sucks, and there isn't a single person under 60 years old.
Great Place to work
Booker (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON1 February 2017
I have been with Landmark home solutions for 6 years. It is a very relaxed atmosphere and my co-workers are great. Call Centre employees are given great incentives daily for their production, as well as getting to play fun games for prizes. Love our monthly Pot Lucks. All in all LHS is a great place to work, feels more like a family then a job.
Pros
Bankers Hours - Pot Luck lunches and great bonuses
Cons
Still waiting to find one
Friendly, family oriented
Booker (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON1 February 2017
I have worked for Landmark Home Solutions for over 5 years. It is a friendly, family oriented place to work. Management treats you like family. There are many opportunities for advancement. The pay is reasonable. And also have a decent benefit package. The company often has free lunches for emplyment . Overall it is a
remarkable place to work
Pros
decent benefit package
Cons
working Saturdays
Love working here
CSR (Former Employee) –  Thorold, ON1 February 2017
Landmark is a fantastic place to work. People are friendly, environment is clean and management is very approachable with any question or concern.

You get an hourly pay, with commission earnings!
Pros
pay is not capped
Cons
cold calling
Not a good place to work
Telephone Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON21 June 2016
I was hired full time, then later told my hours would only be part time with only 4 hours a day. Most of the co-workers were nice except a select few. This one was on the edge of harassment which should NOT have been tolerated but it was multiple times even with others and management around. The management was ridiculous. They were unorganized and very immature. There is so much wrong with this place.
Pros
A few nice people
Cons
the horrible management

Want to know more about Landmark Home Solutions?

Ask a question
Good Environment
Call Centre Agent (Current Employee) –  Thorold, ON19 June 2016
I really enjoy working at Landmark. It's really a place where it is what you make it - if you go in dreading your shift and act really negative about it then it really won't be a good place for you to work but if you're really open minded, positive and can keep your cool then it is really a nice place to work. It's laid back, easy, encouraging, entertaining (for sure) and you can make money by challenging yourself!
Pros
complimentary food, hours, commision AND hourly wage, people, entertainment
Cons
some rude people on the phone
Management ranges from "don't care" to screaming fits!!!
Call Centre Representative (Former Employee) –  Thorold, ON7 November 2015
Personally, I was never yelled at but, it was extremely uncomfortable to have coworkers sitting next to you while the manager yelled at them-in front of call centre staff. Unprofessional and erratic. The owner has no idea what goes on or does not care what goes on in the call centre area.
Some staff have been there a long time and so get away with not calling out.
The worst part is that the company has used the same call out list for over 11 years and so you may speak to a person that has already received a call that day. They yell at you and threaten you. Really, how many times can a person decline Landmark windows, gutter system or finished basement systems, without getting upset?
Best decision I made was to leave!!!
Pros
Cons
Too many to mention
Great Place To Work
spraypainter (Current Employee) –  st catharines29 August 2015
Love working here, management and co workers are incredible, its like a family in there, lots of respect and everyone is treated equal and no pressure
Pros
no stress
Lies.
Call Centre Representative (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON21 July 2015
So I was hired "full-time" and get invited to my first shift that started at 5pm when I was told full time shifts are usually started around 9 or 10am. I was then informed by other coworkers that I am part time. Wasn't that great to be told by people you work with rather than work for? What's worse is that Landmark has posted two of the same positions for full time hours since I got hired. They messed up already on my second paycheque and they were not willing to cut a cheque, DO NOT WORK FOR LANDMARK. Their employees are great to be around but I could most definitely not say the same for management.
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
Mundane and repetitive scripting that has no efficiency, they market to the same people who are not interested, being counter productive and ruining brand reputation, Poor and rushed training: one 4 hour shift of shadowing
Great company to work for and grow with!
Call Center Rep (Current Employee) –  Thorold, ON10 July 2015
I have worked for Landmark for just over a year. In my own personal experiences, I have found both coworkers and management to be a pleasure to work with. The job itself can be a bit daunting at times, however, the work environment is quite positive and fun. It is a call center with banker's hours, virtually...you can't really beat that! All in all, a great experience thus far.
Pros
work hours
Cons
unpleasant calls, at times
horrible place to work
can operator (Former Employee) –  loading4 March 2015
Please everyone avoid this place, working for landmark has to be one if the worst decisions I have ever made, the people here are rude and management shows favouritism to certain employees, and if your not one your crapped on. If your looking for respect and a friendly work environment look somewhere else!
Pros
a paycheck (when they actually pay you)
Cons
people, management, payroll
Worst place I have ever worked!!
Call Centre Representative (Former Employee) –  St.Catharines/Thorold16 December 2014
Management are disrespectful and treat Call Centre Reps like they are uneducated and children. Landmark needs to realize that marketing to the same database over and over and over again, is not effective. It is neverproductive to ridicule or yell in front of others.
If I could have given a lower rating I would have.
Pros
I no longer work there!!
Cons
I used to work there...
Worst place I have ever worked
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  ON26 November 2014
This place has the most amount of traveling, least amount of support, and the worst pay plan I have encountered. EVERYTHING is your fault and you must actually pay for the issues.
Pros
nothing
Cons
all cons
Dont install for them
Installer (Former Employee) –  Kingston30 October 2014
Windows dont fit they tell you to install them anyways!, They OVERCHARGE for junk, ripping clients off, they try and back charge for any reason like them losing a door knob.
There pay scale is a JOKE!
Avoid this company
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Thorold ON3 October 2014
Landmark windows is a second rate employer. They push employees very hard to mislead people into setting up people for an in home appointment. Their windows are very expensive and sales tactics they tell employees to use are very forceful and misleading. The manager is very miserable and frequently yells at employees and chatises employees who do not set up enough appointments. The pay is very low at $11 a hour and there is virtually no commission. Personally i would not recommend working for them.
Pros
Friendly co workers
Cons
Low pay nagging managers, bad overpriced windows

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Landmark Home Solutions. Our community is ready to answer.