Landmark Home Solutions

Landmark Home Solutions Employee Reviews

Canada50 reviews
Great company to work for
The company was great to work for. Loved the job. Got to meet new people everyday different places everyday. I would so do it again. The staff is very friendly.
Great company
Great people to work with. Management and owners care and want you to succeed. They care about customers and employees. If you work hard you can be very successful
Pros
Great place to work.
An evolving company with a good challenging and supportive environment
I have worked with Landmark for a little over 5 years now. One thing I can say from working here is that Landmark is a company that is constantly evolving and striving to improve the overall experience for its employees and customers. Management puts great effort in researching and finding ways to keep up with the natural changes that come with the current home improvement industry.

My personal work experience is evidence of this. I started out part-time in the call centre/booking agent, then moved to reception, then became the sales manager's assistant, and now currently work as a service coordinator in our Service Department. Each advancement/transition came from management recognizing my potential. My story is not unique at Landmark. Several of us in head office started out at an entry level position.

So, if you enjoy being challenged and want to continue to grow in developing your skill set, Landmark may just be the place for you. Plenty of opportunity for advancement if you're willing to put in the effort. Work environment is very friendly. There are those stressful days where the sky may feel like its falling like in any customer service job but you will have the support of your fellow colleagues to face those days.
Pros
Bonuses, benefits, staff
Cons
Can be stressful
Not worth my time.
I worked here for two days and it was two days too much. Only work here if you want immature managers bouncing off the walls and some of them making light of your work performance on only your second day. Maintenance was installing a door and making extremely loud noise right next to our training area. The sales reps in the field who go to the homes and do the presentations and close the deals for cash only work when they feel like it because they are contracted and don't work directly for the company I was told. Do telephone booking appointment work here and you have to essentially memorize every reps name, where they live, what hours they work and which ones can get to which customer's home for the presentation. The pay was pretty decent but there is too much multi tasking involved and you have to work two Saturdays a month in addition to your regular 5 day work week so essentially a 6 day week twice a month. No thanks. I feel bad for he people forced to do a job like this because they need the money.
Pros
Pay wasn't bad.
Cons
You have to multitask too much and I heard that the same leads are used too often.
Do not get into this.
After working for several months with this company I can see my feedback can come from two different angles.
The people who manage the company is the best, I love them.

The company put good effort in training.

Apart of this there is nothing else good.

The appointments you are referred are the poorest ones. You receive three appointments per day, from three appointments you get two either cancelled or no show and the only one yo can see the client, they do not qualify for financing, for several reasons, this is something that happens every single day.

Client who are interested in getting quotes always complain about the price, but the company criteria about pricing is so weak. As sales rep you decide if you make commission or not in every deal, if you want to close a business you have to forget about your commission.

Super long driving "every day" average 250Km to 300Km daily resulting 90% of the time in just a big waste of time. Company do not pay for expenses at all, you put all expenses at front with the big hope to close a deal, it is very rear that happen since price is extremely expensive.

Manufacturing time and installation is crazy, three to four months average to manufacture and install and still you are expecting 50% of your commission to be paid just after installation happen.

Any ways, keep away from getting in there. Your best choice is not there.
Pros
People, they are very very nice. Company take good ownership on the training process, this is good. Quality of the product is good.
Cons
Very, Very bad appointments set up, Manufacturing and installation time frame is way too long, price is extremely expensive.
Only work here if you are absolutely desperate for temp money
- typical work day is calling the same people over and over and over
- learned nothing but scamming

- management was a total joke

- hardest part of the job was dealing with it for a 4 hr shift

- other than getting paid, there was nothing enjoyable about this job

- DO NOT APPLY FOR THIS JOB unless you want a boring, demanding, mind numbing, thankless and demeaning future.

- this company only cares about their profit, go figure, and could care less about their workers, unless they put sales on the board, even if they aren't real sales ... im sure they dont last either

- RUN RUN RUN!!!!!!
Pros
air conditioned
Cons
EVERYTHING!!! This is a job for only the desperate of people.
Lot of driving ,no trust level even for long standing employees
Even if you are successful, the trust level is not there, the money is decent but not great if you count the expenses ($15,000.00)to run the business, there are no benefit plans for sales people .
If you are in sales the work hours are on average 12 hours a day,

The product is ok in quality, but overpriced by at least 30%.

They try to hire me back several times in the past years, I always declined, specially since they reduced the commission to a lower level.
Pros
Training, pay on time
Cons
Long hours, responcebility for unpaid jobs from your customers, lots if driving
Run as fast as you can
This is by far the worst company I have ever worked for. This company does not care about its employees. Do not be fooled by their scripted nonsense. They try to trick the employees the same way they try to trick the customers,
Pros
Not an office job
Cons
commission only, boring but not a bad job
Great ownership. Unbelievably boring job. Commission only, and commission structures change without notice or effective communication. They do manage and fill your schedule for you, no cold calling, which is the best part of the job aside from the owner who is a really great guy.
Pros
No cold calling
Cons
lots of wasted time, no salary, benefits or mileage allowance
Great place if your willimg to learn
Willing to teach those who are willing to learn get incentives and great co workers they take suggestion and put them to use for a better work environment doing work or working with other they keep it fun and always an opportunity to make more money (if your willing to try)
Pros
Weekly pay and no pressure environment
Cons
Min. Wage
run run run
if i could rate them below zero i would. this is probably the worst place to work at. The managers are so unprofessional, the people there have no personality, and they do not treat you like family. Your just a number. Your better off either staying on OW, or working at McDonald's.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
Waste of time
If you want to waste away into nothing, call the same people every day, and essentially pester people then this is the job for you. Management sucks, and there isn't a single person under 60 years old.
Great Place to work
I have been with Landmark home solutions for 6 years. It is a very relaxed atmosphere and my co-workers are great. Call Centre employees are given great incentives daily for their production, as well as getting to play fun games for prizes. Love our monthly Pot Lucks. All in all LHS is a great place to work, feels more like a family then a job.
Pros
Bankers Hours - Pot Luck lunches and great bonuses
Cons
Still waiting to find one
Friendly, family oriented
I have worked for Landmark Home Solutions for over 5 years. It is a friendly, family oriented place to work. Management treats you like family. There are many opportunities for advancement. The pay is reasonable. And also have a decent benefit package. The company often has free lunches for emplyment . Overall it is a
remarkable place to work
Pros
decent benefit package
Cons
working Saturdays
Love working here
Landmark is a fantastic place to work. People are friendly, environment is clean and management is very approachable with any question or concern.

You get an hourly pay, with commission earnings!
Pros
pay is not capped
Cons
cold calling
Not a good place to work
I was hired full time, then later told my hours would only be part time with only 4 hours a day. Most of the co-workers were nice except a select few. This one was on the edge of harassment which should NOT have been tolerated but it was multiple times even with others and management around. The management was ridiculous. They were unorganized and very immature. There is so much wrong with this place.
Pros
A few nice people
Cons
the horrible management
Good Environment
I really enjoy working at Landmark. It's really a place where it is what you make it - if you go in dreading your shift and act really negative about it then it really won't be a good place for you to work but if you're really open minded, positive and can keep your cool then it is really a nice place to work. It's laid back, easy, encouraging, entertaining (for sure) and you can make money by challenging yourself!
Pros
complimentary food, hours, commision AND hourly wage, people, entertainment
Cons
some rude people on the phone
Management ranges from "don't care" to screaming fits!!!
Personally, I was never yelled at but, it was extremely uncomfortable to have coworkers sitting next to you while the manager yelled at them-in front of call centre staff. Unprofessional and erratic. The owner has no idea what goes on or does not care what goes on in the call centre area.
Some staff have been there a long time and so get away with not calling out.

The worst part is that the company has used the same call out list for over 11 years and so you may speak to a person that has already received a call that day. They yell at you and threaten you. Really, how many times can a person decline Landmark windows, gutter system or finished basement systems, without getting upset?

Best decision I made was to leave!!!
Pros
Cons
Too many to mention
Great Place To Work
Love working here, management and co workers are incredible, its like a family in there, lots of respect and everyone is treated equal and no pressure
Pros
no stress
Lies.
So I was hired "full-time" and get invited to my first shift that started at 5pm when I was told full time shifts are usually started around 9 or 10am. I was then informed by other coworkers that I am part time. Wasn't that great to be told by people you work with rather than work for? What's worse is that Landmark has posted two of the same positions for full time hours since I got hired. They messed up already on my second paycheque and they were not willing to cut a cheque, DO NOT WORK FOR LANDMARK. Their employees are great to be around but I could most definitely not say the same for management.
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
Mundane and repetitive scripting that has no efficiency, they market to the same people who are not interested, being counter productive and ruining brand reputation, Poor and rushed training: one 4 hour shift of shadowing
Great company to work for and grow with!
I have worked for Landmark for just over a year. In my own personal experiences, I have found both coworkers and management to be a pleasure to work with. The job itself can be a bit daunting at times, however, the work environment is quite positive and fun. It is a call center with banker's hours, virtually...you can't really beat that! All in all, a great experience thus far.
Pros
work hours
Cons
unpleasant calls, at times