LANDMARK EAST SCHOOL
View all LANDMARK EAST SCHOOL reviews

LANDMARK EAST SCHOOL

LANDMARK EAST SCHOOL Employee Review

Classroom teaching of small class sizes is a wonderful teachinfgexperience.

A typical day at work consists of teaching students a wide variety of skills such as reading, spelling, lab report writing and even social skills. Everyday I learn something new. Sometimes it is something about a student or how to use a new software program, and sometimes it is a new Zumba move. Being part of the management team is a great deal of paperwork, but it is rewarding to help a high risk student and their family. My co-workers are a big part of why I enjoy my job.We collaborate to help students, we workout together, we eat meals together but most of all we problem solve together. The hardest part of my job is letting go and not bringing it home, when students are at their most stressed. The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing the student succeed at something they thought they could not do.

Pros

Some students appreciate good teacher

Cons

hours of lesson planning most evenings

2.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Same location

Challenging but highly instructive with ever present support available.

One becomes a member of the “Landmark family”. The feeling of inclusion, respect for effort and ability and the opportunity to have some fun with students and fellow staff is ever-present.

Good job for students

Fun place to work. Good mix of downtime and more faced-paced environment. Plenty of time to get schoolwork done during quiet hours. Kids are fun to hangout with and are generally pretty easy going. Activities are fun! Overall good experience here.

Pros

Free food, fun activities, nice co workers

Cons

Long hours, low wage

Stressful, underpaid, under appreciated

A very stressful work environment, and staff is not paid nearly enough. You’re working with students with learning disabilities but no extra training is given for how to do this properly. There’s no job security and multiple positions are cut every year.The students are great, but I would not recommend this as a work environment. It would make a good last resort education job if you can’t find anything else, but I wouldn’t recommend staying any longer than you have to. Administration is also very notorious for playing favourites and treating staff unfairly.You’re also expected to do a lot of “extra” duties without compensation. The burnout rate is very high here.

Pros

Free lunch

Ask a question about working or interviewing at LANDMARK EAST SCHOOL. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.5 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare LANDMARK EAST SCHOOL with

LANDMARK EAST SCHOOL reviews by location

Learn about LANDMARK EAST SCHOOL in popular locations

• LANDMARK EAST SCHOOL
  • Classroom teaching of small class sizes is a wonderful teachinfgexperience.