Landmark Cinemas Canada Employee Reviews

greeting and welcoming customers
Customer Care Representative (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB31 August 2018
helping the customers to purchase the tickets with various coupons and cards.
Assisting them with the new application for bookings.
Food inspection and Theater Check
Coordinating with IMAX Management
Fun job, bad pay
Theatre Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB24 August 2018
This job has its ups and downs. Free movies, discounted concession and flexible hours. Mostly younger kids working here which can cause its own problems in a way.
ok
Cast Member (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 August 2018
average movie job with average people. management can go on power tripŝ sometimes but it has a LOT of favoritism, they act like they dont but its clear as daylight so be prepared to suck up or get no shifts
It's a starting job.
Usher/Cash Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB10 August 2018
It's an alright job for people to start out in, just don't make it your career. You prepare, you clean, you occasionally lift things. It's an easy job for little pay, but you get a significant discount on concession items ($2 for a large pop that is normally $7) and you get to see movies for free (just keep in mind that Disney doesn't like this and made it a rule with us that we can't see their movies for free for the first month and a half)

The worst thing about the job is some of the people you encounter, being in a down town shopping center, you get the weird drunks and vagrants that show up and cause a commotion from time to time and gotta ask them to leave. They will refute it all because they don't like being in the wrong, no one does. It literally comes down to 'You see a problem you don't wanna approach, get a manager.'

All in all, it's fine. Shame the head office won't let us fix all the visible problems with the theater like the toilets and poster cases.
Pros
Free Movies, decent co-workers, discounts on concession.
Cons
Minimum wage, the customers/guests can be a pain
Interesting workplace.
Cast Member (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON8 August 2018
Working at Landmark Cinemas was an interesting experience. I enjoyed my time there, thanks mainly to my co-workers being good people. I did however have my issues. Under-staffing was a constant issue, as well as poor shift planning at times. The management was also an issue at times, making decisions without any kind of open discussion that would affect all workers poorly.
Productive and fun during break time
Cashier and Server (Former Employee) –  Alberta1 August 2018
A typical day at work is coming in greeting my managers and friends, change at the back and then come on in my till 5-10 minutes early so I can set up the food/drinks so that we wouldn't be behind. After that during my break I'd go into the break room and chat with co-workers/friends, then when my break is done I get back to work. When my shift is over my manager comes and counts how much money I have, too see how much I've made to see if I am under or over. Then after that I say goodnight to my managers and my co-workers and go back home. The hardest part of the job is nothing, I enjoyed everything I do there. The workplace culture is amazing there is so much diversity within the workplace and it's very awesome learning about other peoples lives.I learned how to become more dedicated, matured, learned to be very ahead of the task.
Pros
Discount on lunch
Cons
Long lines
Okay place to work
Cast Member (Current Employee) –  London, ON14 June 2018
30 minutes breaks and not very fast paced. It's a good first job to start at but not a life long place to work . the staff are friendly and allow you to book days off that you need
Pros
Good breaks
Cons
Young workers
Good Place To Work
CREW MEMBER (Former Employee) –  Ottawa East, ON28 May 2018
Landmark was an overall good place to work, the employees were very nice and it was overall a good place to work but some of the managers were a bit rude but other than that a good experience and I’d recommend working there to anyone
Pros
discounted food
Cons
Minimum working hours
Great crew and fun place to work
Cast Member (Former Employee) –  Orleans, ON26 May 2018
Great first job! Loved working for this company and gave me great job experience. Management is really open to discussion and tries to understand employees well, can be disorganized.
Pros
Great perks
Cons
late nights
okay
Cast Member (Former Employee) –  Canada1 May 2018
This company was alright for one of my first jobs, you learn to handle a never ending line as well as to how to deal with baddly tempered customers and terrible management skills
Pros
got experience

Want to know more about Landmark Cinemas Canada?

Ask a question
Good starter job
Cast Member (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB30 April 2018
It is a great starter job, but is usually difficult to move up since you have to wait for someone to quite. Working with a lot of people in high school makes it harder because they don't care about the job. Management is usually good, but the wrong manager can really mess up the whole building and your relationship with the job. Best part of the job is the friendships you make and the benefits.
Pros
free movies
Cons
teenagers who don't care
Fun Workplace
Cast Member (Current Employee) –  Londonderry, ON27 April 2018
Management is super welcoming and appreciative. All cast members are very outgoing and kind to one another, Very friendly workplace which great benefits. Pays minimum wage. Easy scheduling and works around your daily life schedule. Easy to get rid of and gain new shifts. Balanced hours. Bi-weekly pay.
Pros
2 Free tickets everyday. 50% Concession.
Cons
Long hours (depending on shift)
Inappropriate managers
Movie Theater Attendant (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON7 April 2018
The work staff was extremely immature. The managers do not care about you all they want is for you to get the work done. I only learnt how to deal with inappropriate and rude bosses.
Decent first job for students
Cast Member (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 April 2018
This was my first job and I found it very misleading as to how "fun" it actually is. I did learn many things like: how to cut, cook and prepare fries; how to prepare and cook pizza; etc. The managers like to pick favorites as with most jobs. There are benefits though, cast screenings, discounted food, free movies.
Pros
Friendly Co-workers
Cons
Minimum wage with no raise, can get very busy
A job that teaches you a lot about what you can handle
Theatre Manager/General Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 April 2018
I love this job and the work it entails. Teams at the theatre level become your work family and it really is a fun job. I learn something new everyday.
Good employer
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON22 March 2018
I enjoyed my time at Landmark while I was in high school. They were flexible around my school schedule and extra curricular activities such as after school clubs.
Awesome place to work
Associate (Former Employee) –  St Catharines9 March 2018
Flexible hours, great community, It was in a very accessible and friendly neighborhood. Management was comprehensive and approachable. The computers we used were easy to learn.
A fine place if you don't care about not being cared about
CAST MEMBER-SHIFT LEAD (Former Employee) –  Kanata, ON2 March 2018
The work isn't difficult, Show up, the Same service, Same few products, unfortunately, the place isn't run well. The management does not effectively use what little power they are given, and the head office has no idea what is going on at the ground level, and continually make decisions lowering the quality of the overall location while focusing on temporary programs and "Hail Mary" promotions to try and imbue interest in a location guests continually complain about and grow increasingly impatient with. The connection between the employees was the highlight of the job, with the non-managerial staff feeling like a family.
Pros
Free Movies, Easy work, Flexible hours
Cons
Poor management, Stressful at times
Active and Easy
Assist in training new staff (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON25 February 2018
Friendly environment with a variety of different work positions that were useful in making it a fun workplace. People were great and had a positive attitude.
Pros
Attractions Ontario Benefit program, free movies
Cons
A lot of evening and weekend work
Would Love To Work Here Again!
Usher (Former Employee) –  New Westminster, BC19 February 2018
I was a work experience student working for a month at Landmark in New Westminster. Absolutely loved it there! Great coworkers, Awesome Management, Although I wasn't payed due to me being in work experience, I absolutely loved every moment there as an Usher. Would love to work here again!
Pros
Amazing Managers, Coworkers, Clean, Big Place, Lots to Do.
Cons
None that I can think of.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Landmark Cinemas Canada. Our community is ready to answer.