Landmark Cinemas Canada

Landmark Cinemas Canada Employee Reviews

Management is weird with scheduling, some cast members see working as a competition and become passive aggressive, but it’s expected when it’s mostly students. Overall, a fun and relaxed workplace with cool management and people to work with
Pros
Nice management, relaxed work environment, good coworkers
Cons
Bad pay, hours can be late
Be very careful when applying for a job with this company seeing as they don't seem to value any real sense of work. While working during the pandemic I was responsible for leading the cleaning of all the theatres' first thing in the morning. If I wasn't working in the morning I was responsible for making sure all the new covid protocols were being followed by the cast and by guests. All of this while our two full-time managers did nothing but sit in the office playing their Nintendo switch and work on their other job leaving the bulk of the work to myself and the other assistant managers. While the theatres have been shut down we've been open for food deliveries and that also shun a light on how little understanding of basic food safety upper management had. They like putting a nice dusty piece of paper towel over butter which they serve to guests. When I brought this up to my general manager I was told to stop being so uptight. Also, they just assumed that all the assistant managers would just do the final clean of the theatres while we're shut down and failed to relay any communication. Overall if you aren't full-time management you can't make any mistakes or they'll write you up but when they make those same mistakes days later it gets swept under the seats.
Pros
Free Movies and half off certain concession items
Cons
Stubborn upper management is very manipulative
Was really easy to work this part time while in college. Fun place to work, free movies and cheep popcorn are a plus. Get in good with management and you will be golden.
In my personal experience Landmark was a great place to work, the management team was supportive and encouraging. If you do not like faced paced jobs this job might be for you, though it can be fast paced there are times during the shift where you clean and take care of stock
Pros
free movies, 50% discount on cencession
Working there was great. You can easily make great friends and have a lot of fun. Only downside I’d say is working roughly 5-11 if you’re in university. If you can manage your time it’s a great place to get a good pay check while getting good grades. If not, one will suffer more than the other
Good place nice people decent pay late shifts managers are good and kind not much else to say but it’s a good place to work but only down side is hours it’s kinda competitive when it comes to hours
Pros
People are friendly
Cons
Expectations are above average and low chance to become a manager
I've worked at landmark in most positions from frontline staff to Assistant Manager to Theatre Manager. It's an absolutely fantastic place for part time work or for a first job. The teams I've met (from several locations across the country) are all kind, hard-working, and easy to talk to. I've made several life-long friends working here. The benefits (free movies and heavily discounted snacks) are honestly pretty great, and you have access to them as soon as you start. The company prefers to promote from within, so there is a lot of room for career advancement. My problems unfortunately started once I became a salaried manager. The pay is unfortunately low for the amount of work asked of a manager, and the head office team is not the greatest at communicating. But that was just my experience, they are all excellent at their jobs in every other way.
Pros
Free movies, discounted snacks, friendly staff, fast-paced
Cons
fast-paced, communication lacking
The job is great to have, especially as a first job. You get to work with people that very quickly become your friends. However on the slow days, the shift can go by really slow. Overall not too stressful and relatively easy.
Pros
discount on food and free movies
Cons
shifts can vary and scheduling is done weekly
Working at Landmark is a wonderful opportunity. The pace of the work day varies with demand for certain movies, but overall a typical day would have you busy for a whole shift. The management is very friendly, and accommodating, and the team works well together. It's very important to have functioning relationships behind the counter, and the team strives to make that happen.
Growing up in the theatre business you come across a lot of Competition. but in this company that ran the Cinema 6 drive inn , awesome they let us contract the drive inn out . We reopened her each summer to make some money only summer positions but it was my second home my dad was so projectionist for over 50 years miss it so much .
Landmark Cinemas is a great place to work for a young person looking for lots of variety in their work life. There are many jobs and lots of room for growth.
Landmark Cinemas was managed well, everyone knew what their job was and there was little conflict between employees. Shifts were tough while maintaining a university schedule (shifts often ended at midnight).
Pros
Good management
Cons
Long hours with little benefits
Fun place to work Management was not very good Learned a lot of customer service skills to use in the future Fun work environment and coworkers Free movies
i very much enjoy my job at landmark i just wish i could get more hours. management is very good and the staff is well cared for while at work. the environment is a very nice.
Love working at Landmark, although the managers are not qualified as non of them have taken a businness managment course of any kind. It's a very fun environnement and co-workers are great, but we don't get treated like we should by the managers, especially for all the work we do. The actual work itself is great and the discount we get is nice. Regular shiftis about 6h, but you can get a shift from 3h to 8h. They are very flexible with schedules and book offs.
love working here, my favourite job I've had so far, everyone on the team is nice and we all get along. The managers are chill and help in stressful situations.
I personally didn't like the job, but it was reliable. Nothing surprising or interesting would change your day. I hated that, but some really liked it
Pros
Reliable
Cons
Boring
Very friendly staff and most managers. Organised and pretty clean. Gets pretty busy on weekends. Overall easy job depending on the department. Good benefits.
typical day would conssist of being accquried the task of ethier conssesion,floor,door, and freestyle. I learned to manage work stress and anxiety due to the fact of working in the food service industry
You get to learn a lot of different job skills, such as caretaking theatres, preparing concession, customer interactions, closing and there’s a handful of other opportunities as well such as being trained on supervisor, IMAX, Cooking stations and much more OUTSIDE of the company too!
Over the 1.5 years I worked at landmark I had alot of good and bad experiences. My only consistently good experiences were with my coworkers (who were amazing), and my only consistently bad experiences were with management. There is a sheer lack of accountability with the management at the landmark in London, which made my job (and my coworker's jobs) far more difficult and aggravating than they ever needed to be.