Landmark Cinemas Canada Employee Reviews

Employees were amazing, managers were okay
Cast Member (Current Employee) –  Kanata, ON23 September 2018
I worked there for a year. Most managers were AMAZING, but others could care less about how they treated others. If you call in sick they would sometimes make you come in anyways if nobody could take your shift. Free movies and discounts on food was great. One thing that I did not like was how they are open 365 days a year so they could make you work on holidays, even if you had important plans. The only part that made me excited to go into work was getting to work with fun people. Every cast member there was one of a kind and super fun. Employees were a big family. I had my fun but i am now ready to look for a new job. Landmark hires new people a lot, so if you need a job, then you should apply.
Pros
Free movies and + 1, discounts on food
Cons
Some managers are rude, rarely let you take sick days
High Energy Environment with Stressful customers
Concession Sales/Usher (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB2 November 2018
You will always be busy. There is never down time. You do bond with your coworkers quickly because you will not last without them. The management seemed apathetic to everyone's situation.
Pros
Discount food and movies
Cons
Hot Surfaces with little to no protection, high stress
Fun place to work, fantastic employee discounts
Frontline Cast Member (Current Employee) –  Brandon, MB6 November 2018
Young people work there so it is a lot of constant drama. Mostly high school girl problems and some favoritism from management is blatantly obvious but has not caused me any real problems.
Pros
free movies, cheap if not free concessions
Cons
favoritism, catty kids
great work environment that allows you to balance your life/work schedule
Cast Member (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 August 2018
i worked at Landmark cinemas for over three years and it was the perfect first job for me. The night shifts can go past 12am depending on how busy it is and cleaning theatres isn't the best. but i couldn't ask for a better first job.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
Particular managers can be unpredictable and moody
Interesting workplace.
Cast Member (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON8 August 2018
Working at Landmark Cinemas was an interesting experience. I enjoyed my time there, thanks mainly to my co-workers being good people. I did however have my issues. Under-staffing was a constant issue, as well as poor shift planning at times. The management was also an issue at times, making decisions without any kind of open discussion that would affect all workers poorly.
Great place to work.
Box Office Attendant (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON6 January 2019
great job for teens and young adults. You will get free movies and fantastic discounts at concession. Job is really easy and spend most the time having fun with co-workers.
Pros
easy to drop and pick up shifts
Cons
managers are lame
Productive and fun during break time
Cashier and Server (Former Employee) –  Alberta1 August 2018
A typical day at work is coming in greeting my managers and friends, change at the back and then come on in my till 5-10 minutes early so I can set up the food/drinks so that we wouldn't be behind. After that during my break I'd go into the break room and chat with co-workers/friends, then when my break is done I get back to work. When my shift is over my manager comes and counts how much money I have, too see how much I've made to see if I am under or over. Then after that I say goodnight to my managers and my co-workers and go back home. The hardest part of the job is nothing, I enjoyed everything I do there. The workplace culture is amazing there is so much diversity within the workplace and it's very awesome learning about other peoples lives.I learned how to become more dedicated, matured, learned to be very ahead of the task.
Pros
Discount on lunch
Cons
Long lines
great place to work at
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB3 January 2019
Very flexible with work hours sometimes worked very late when asked. Sometimes provided free lunch. i learned how to work well with others. learned time management
Pros
got to take popcorn home sometimes
Amazing work family
Front Line Staff (Former Employee) –  Drayton Valley, AB9 November 2018
Working at landmark trained me into being a social and kind employees my experience there gave me social skills I need in life to be in the work force.
Pros
Always felt comfortable and needed
Cons
Late hours
fun workplace with flexible hours
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ON11 October 2018
Fun, fast-paced work environment
management is always around to help or resolve problems or guest complaints
there is room for improvement within the theatre
Pros
FREE movie tickets
Cons
late night
Fun first job
CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee) –  British Columbia10 October 2018
great first job, worked on a great team with great people but after two years I never got a raise or got talked to about moving up or forward with the company.
Pros
good team, free movies
Cons
no future, you smell like butter a lot
greeting and welcoming customers
Customer Care Representative (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB31 August 2018
helping the customers to purchase the tickets with various coupons and cards.
Assisting them with the new application for bookings.
Food inspection and Theater Check
Coordinating with IMAX Management
Good place to start
Cast Member (Current Employee) –  Spruce Grove, AB28 November 2018
I have been working at Landmark Cinemas for just over a year and whenever i walk in either to work or to see a free movie, I feel at home.

The staff (myself included) are either teenagers or young adults and for the most part, carry a welcoming attitude to the customers and other employees as well. The management is sorted in a few divisions but each look after their own section amazingly.

Landmark cinemas host both large and medium size locations, each ranging between 20-50 employees. as such, dividing hours means you are only scheduled between 2-4 shifts per week, be it in summer or during the school year. The little hours one receives may be beneficial to those just starting their career, but it is impossible to live off of, unless you apply for management.

Besides the limited hours, there are few complaints. Landmark offers many perks to the employees such as free movies, cheap priced concessions, and a few employee-only movie nights.

Overall, Landmark cinemas is a good place to start, and I would recommend it to anyone just starting the working life.
Pros
Great Cast, Perks and Atmosphere
Cons
Few shifts
Stressful but was worth it
Cast Member (Former Employee) –  New Westminster, BC30 November 2018
When you’re working at landmark it’s assumed that during a work day you will experience stress and frustration at some point. The guests at times are the cause of this with complaints about Movie passes, limited seating options/movies that are sold out, and a bunch of other stuff that is completely out of our hands. At other times it’s your coworkers who drive you crazy with either lack of communication or lack of willingness to actually do their job. Most times the managers are the cause of this with understaffing, favoritism, and lack of organization. Aside from all that, I don’t regret working here. You learn to deal with stress in high pressure situations, learn to be patient with coworkers, and learn to be more open and communicate your problems with management. I made a handful of really close friends who made all my shifts enjoyable and that I keep in contact with to this day. I recommend this job to younger people (16-25) as it’s minimum wage so you can’t make a living. Free movies and cheap concession is a major bonus.
Pros
Free movies, coworkers are great (sometimes)
Cons
Late hours, understaffing, and bad training program
Good starter job
Cast Member (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB30 April 2018
It is a great starter job, but is usually difficult to move up since you have to wait for someone to quite. Working with a lot of people in high school makes it harder because they don't care about the job. Management is usually good, but the wrong manager can really mess up the whole building and your relationship with the job. Best part of the job is the friendships you make and the benefits.
Pros
free movies
Cons
teenagers who don't care
It's a starting job.
Usher/Cash Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB10 August 2018
It's an alright job for people to start out in, just don't make it your career. You prepare, you clean, you occasionally lift things. It's an easy job for little pay, but you get a significant discount on concession items ($2 for a large pop that is normally $7) and you get to see movies for free (just keep in mind that Disney doesn't like this and made it a rule with us that we can't see their movies for free for the first month and a half)

The worst thing about the job is some of the people you encounter, being in a down town shopping center, you get the weird drunks and vagrants that show up and cause a commotion from time to time and gotta ask them to leave. They will refute it all because they don't like being in the wrong, no one does. It literally comes down to 'You see a problem you don't wanna approach, get a manager.'

All in all, it's fine. Shame the head office won't let us fix all the visible problems with the theater like the toilets and poster cases.
Pros
Free Movies, decent co-workers, discounts on concession.
Cons
Minimum wage, the customers/guests can be a pain
ok
Cast Member (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 August 2018
average movie job with average people. management can go on power tripŝ sometimes but it has a LOT of favoritism, they act like they dont but its clear as daylight so be prepared to suck up or get no shifts
Fun Workplace
Cast Member (Current Employee) –  Londonderry, ON27 April 2018
Management is super welcoming and appreciative. All cast members are very outgoing and kind to one another, Very friendly workplace which great benefits. Pays minimum wage. Easy scheduling and works around your daily life schedule. Easy to get rid of and gain new shifts. Balanced hours. Bi-weekly pay.
Pros
2 Free tickets everyday. 50% Concession.
Cons
Long hours (depending on shift)
Fun job, bad pay
Theatre Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB24 August 2018
This job has its ups and downs. Free movies, discounted concession and flexible hours. Mostly younger kids working here which can cause its own problems in a way.
Good Place To Work
CREW MEMBER (Former Employee) –  Ottawa East, ON28 May 2018
Landmark was an overall good place to work, the employees were very nice and it was overall a good place to work but some of the managers were a bit rude but other than that a good experience and I’d recommend working there to anyone
Pros
discounted food
Cons
Minimum working hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Landmark Cinemas Canada. Our community is ready to answer.