Landmark Cinemas Canada Employee Reviews

Good Place To Work
CREW MEMBER (Former Employee) –  Ottawa East, ON28 May 2018
Landmark was an overall good place to work, the employees were very nice and it was overall a good place to work but some of the managers were a bit rude but other than that a good experience and I’d recommend working there to anyone
Pros
discounted food
Cons
Minimum working hours
Great crew and fun place to work
Cast Member (Former Employee) –  Orleans, ON26 May 2018
Great first job! Loved working for this company and gave me great job experience. Management is really open to discussion and tries to understand employees well, can be disorganized.
Pros
Great perks
Cons
late nights
okay
Cast Member (Former Employee) –  Canada1 May 2018
This company was alright for one of my first jobs, you learn to handle a never ending line as well as to how to deal with baddly tempered customers and terrible management skills
Pros
got experience
Good starter job
Cast Member (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB30 April 2018
It is a great starter job, but is usually difficult to move up since you have to wait for someone to quite. Working with a lot of people in high school makes it harder because they don't care about the job. Management is usually good, but the wrong manager can really mess up the whole building and your relationship with the job. Best part of the job is the friendships you make and the benefits.
Pros
free movies
Cons
teenagers who don't care
Fun Workplace
Cast Member (Current Employee) –  Londonderry, ON27 April 2018
Management is super welcoming and appreciative. All cast members are very outgoing and kind to one another, Very friendly workplace which great benefits. Pays minimum wage. Easy scheduling and works around your daily life schedule. Easy to get rid of and gain new shifts. Balanced hours. Bi-weekly pay.
Pros
2 Free tickets everyday. 50% Concession.
Cons
Long hours (depending on shift)
Inappropriate managers
Movie Theater Attendant (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON7 April 2018
The work staff was extremely immature. The managers do not care about you all they want is for you to get the work done. I only learnt how to deal with inappropriate and rude bosses.
Decent first job for students
Cast Member (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 April 2018
This was my first job and I found it very misleading as to how "fun" it actually is. I did learn many things like: how to cut, cook and prepare fries; how to prepare and cook pizza; etc. The managers like to pick favorites as with most jobs. There are benefits though, cast screenings, discounted food, free movies.
Pros
Friendly Co-workers
Cons
Minimum wage with no raise, can get very busy
A job that teaches you a lot about what you can handle
Theatre Manager/General Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 April 2018
I love this job and the work it entails. Teams at the theatre level become your work family and it really is a fun job. I learn something new everyday.
Good employer
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON22 March 2018
I enjoyed my time at Landmark while I was in high school. They were flexible around my school schedule and extra curricular activities such as after school clubs.
Awesome place to work
Associate (Former Employee) –  St Catharines9 March 2018
Flexible hours, great community, It was in a very accessible and friendly neighborhood. Management was comprehensive and approachable. The computers we used were easy to learn.
A fine place if you don't care about not being cared about
CAST MEMBER-SHIFT LEAD (Former Employee) –  Kanata, ON2 March 2018
The work isn't difficult, Show up, the Same service, Same few products, unfortunately, the place isn't run well. The management does not effectively use what little power they are given, and the head office has no idea what is going on at the ground level, and continually make decisions lowering the quality of the overall location while focusing on temporary programs and "Hail Mary" promotions to try and imbue interest in a location guests continually complain about and grow increasingly impatient with. The connection between the employees was the highlight of the job, with the non-managerial staff feeling like a family.
Pros
Free Movies, Easy work, Flexible hours
Cons
Poor management, Stressful at times
Active and Easy
Assist in training new staff (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON25 February 2018
Friendly environment with a variety of different work positions that were useful in making it a fun workplace. People were great and had a positive attitude.
Pros
Attractions Ontario Benefit program, free movies
Cons
A lot of evening and weekend work
Would Love To Work Here Again!
Usher (Former Employee) –  New Westminster, BC19 February 2018
I was a work experience student working for a month at Landmark in New Westminster. Absolutely loved it there! Great coworkers, Awesome Management, Although I wasn't payed due to me being in work experience, I absolutely loved every moment there as an Usher. Would love to work here again!
Pros
Amazing Managers, Coworkers, Clean, Big Place, Lots to Do.
Cons
None that I can think of.
Amazing work-life balance
Cast Member (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC11 February 2018
I have worked at Landmark Cinemas for the past 2.5 years as a full-time College student. The staff at all locations are all movie-lovers and are generally friendly people. The managers are very accommodating and kind as well. I would definitely recommend Landmark Cinemas to anyone searching for a part-time job.
Pros
Exciting and fast-paced environment
Cons
Minimum wage
Fun and well managed.
Part Time Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC31 January 2018
I started at Landmark Cinemas in 2013 as an entry level employee and eventually returned as an Assistant Manager. My GM was excellent and the director of operations for our zone was also great. The pay is quite inadequate but the knowledge learned and the experience gained by being a manager was well worth it.
Pros
Free Movies, Cheaper Concession
Great team environment
Cast Member (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON29 January 2018
All staff members were very nice and friendly. It was easy to learn the job requirements in a fun environment where everyone helped each other and got along.
Great.
Usher (Current Employee) –  Whitby, ON17 January 2018
I have worked at Landmark for the past six years and continue to work there. I like seeing movies absolutely free. It's been an absolutely great experience. I avoid cleaning theaters with horror movies.
Great people work was treacherous
Cast Member (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 January 2018
the pay was very low at minimum wage so the work was pretty monotonous, clean environment, management was rather cluttered not the friendly staff members
Fun, fastpaced work environment
Manning Ave - Cashier (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB6 January 2018
Working with people my age was a great experience, management was awesome and I had a lot of fun. Sometimes the late night shifts were difficult to balance with school and friends, but overall experience was good.
Great team atmosphere
Concession Cashier, Front Line staff (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON12 December 2017
Really enjoy employment here, wish there were more hours. Great management and great co workers. Very positive atmosphere, would recommend to anyone looking for starting employment or students

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Landmark Cinemas Canada. Our community is ready to answer.