Landmark Cinemas Canada Employee Reviews

Fun place to work, fantastic employee discounts
Frontline Cast Member (Current Employee) –  Brandon, MB6 November 2018
Young people work there so it is a lot of constant drama. Mostly high school girl problems and some favoritism from management is blatantly obvious but has not caused me any real problems.
Pros
free movies, cheap if not free concessions
Cons
favoritism, catty kids
High Energy Environment with Stressful customers
Concession Sales/Usher (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB2 November 2018
You will always be busy. There is never down time. You do bond with your coworkers quickly because you will not last without them. The management seemed apathetic to everyone's situation.
Pros
Discount food and movies
Cons
Hot Surfaces with little to no protection, high stress
fun workplace with flexible hours
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ON11 October 2018
Fun, fast-paced work environment
management is always around to help or resolve problems or guest complaints
there is room for improvement within the theatre
Pros
FREE movie tickets
Cons
late night
Fun first job
CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee) –  British Columbia10 October 2018
great first job, worked on a great team with great people but after two years I never got a raise or got talked to about moving up or forward with the company.
Pros
good team, free movies
Cons
no future, you smell like butter a lot
Employees were amazing, managers were okay
Cast Member (Current Employee) –  Kanata, ON23 September 2018
I worked there for a year. Most managers were AMAZING, but others could care less about how they treated others. If you call in sick they would sometimes make you come in anyways if nobody could take your shift. Free movies and discounts on food was great. One thing that I did not like was how they are open 365 days a year so they could make you work on holidays, even if you had important plans. The only part that made me excited to go into work was getting to work with fun people. Every cast member there was one of a kind and super fun. Employees were a big family. I had my fun but i am now ready to look for a new job. Landmark hires new people a lot, so if you need a job, then you should apply.
Pros
Free movies and + 1, discounts on food
Cons
Some managers are rude, rarely let you take sick days
greeting and welcoming customers
Customer Care Representative (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB31 August 2018
helping the customers to purchase the tickets with various coupons and cards.
Assisting them with the new application for bookings.
Food inspection and Theater Check
Coordinating with IMAX Management
great work environment that allows you to balance your life/work schedule
Cast Member (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 August 2018
i worked at Landmark cinemas for over three years and it was the perfect first job for me. The night shifts can go past 12am depending on how busy it is and cleaning theatres isn't the best. but i couldn't ask for a better first job.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
Particular managers can be unpredictable and moody
Fun job, bad pay
Theatre Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB24 August 2018
This job has its ups and downs. Free movies, discounted concession and flexible hours. Mostly younger kids working here which can cause its own problems in a way.
ok
Cast Member (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 August 2018
average movie job with average people. management can go on power tripŝ sometimes but it has a LOT of favoritism, they act like they dont but its clear as daylight so be prepared to suck up or get no shifts
It's a starting job.
Usher/Cash Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB10 August 2018
It's an alright job for people to start out in, just don't make it your career. You prepare, you clean, you occasionally lift things. It's an easy job for little pay, but you get a significant discount on concession items ($2 for a large pop that is normally $7) and you get to see movies for free (just keep in mind that Disney doesn't like this and made it a rule with us that we can't see their movies for free for the first month and a half)

The worst thing about the job is some of the people you encounter, being in a down town shopping center, you get the weird drunks and vagrants that show up and cause a commotion from time to time and gotta ask them to leave. They will refute it all because they don't like being in the wrong, no one does. It literally comes down to 'You see a problem you don't wanna approach, get a manager.'

All in all, it's fine. Shame the head office won't let us fix all the visible problems with the theater like the toilets and poster cases.
Pros
Free Movies, decent co-workers, discounts on concession.
Cons
Minimum wage, the customers/guests can be a pain
Interesting workplace.
Cast Member (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON8 August 2018
Working at Landmark Cinemas was an interesting experience. I enjoyed my time there, thanks mainly to my co-workers being good people. I did however have my issues. Under-staffing was a constant issue, as well as poor shift planning at times. The management was also an issue at times, making decisions without any kind of open discussion that would affect all workers poorly.
Productive and fun during break time
Cashier and Server (Former Employee) –  Alberta1 August 2018
A typical day at work is coming in greeting my managers and friends, change at the back and then come on in my till 5-10 minutes early so I can set up the food/drinks so that we wouldn't be behind. After that during my break I'd go into the break room and chat with co-workers/friends, then when my break is done I get back to work. When my shift is over my manager comes and counts how much money I have, too see how much I've made to see if I am under or over. Then after that I say goodnight to my managers and my co-workers and go back home. The hardest part of the job is nothing, I enjoyed everything I do there. The workplace culture is amazing there is so much diversity within the workplace and it's very awesome learning about other peoples lives.I learned how to become more dedicated, matured, learned to be very ahead of the task.
Pros
Discount on lunch
Cons
Long lines
Okay place to work
Cast Member (Current Employee) –  London, ON14 June 2018
30 minutes breaks and not very fast paced. It's a good first job to start at but not a life long place to work . the staff are friendly and allow you to book days off that you need
Pros
Good breaks
Cons
Young workers
Good Place To Work
CREW MEMBER (Former Employee) –  Ottawa East, ON28 May 2018
Landmark was an overall good place to work, the employees were very nice and it was overall a good place to work but some of the managers were a bit rude but other than that a good experience and I’d recommend working there to anyone
Pros
discounted food
Cons
Minimum working hours
Great crew and fun place to work
Cast Member (Former Employee) –  Orleans, ON26 May 2018
Great first job! Loved working for this company and gave me great job experience. Management is really open to discussion and tries to understand employees well, can be disorganized.
Pros
Great perks
Cons
late nights
okay
Cast Member (Former Employee) –  Canada1 May 2018
This company was alright for one of my first jobs, you learn to handle a never ending line as well as to how to deal with baddly tempered customers and terrible management skills
Pros
got experience
Good starter job
Cast Member (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB30 April 2018
It is a great starter job, but is usually difficult to move up since you have to wait for someone to quite. Working with a lot of people in high school makes it harder because they don't care about the job. Management is usually good, but the wrong manager can really mess up the whole building and your relationship with the job. Best part of the job is the friendships you make and the benefits.
Pros
free movies
Cons
teenagers who don't care
Fun Workplace
Cast Member (Current Employee) –  Londonderry, ON27 April 2018
Management is super welcoming and appreciative. All cast members are very outgoing and kind to one another, Very friendly workplace which great benefits. Pays minimum wage. Easy scheduling and works around your daily life schedule. Easy to get rid of and gain new shifts. Balanced hours. Bi-weekly pay.
Pros
2 Free tickets everyday. 50% Concession.
Cons
Long hours (depending on shift)
Inappropriate managers
Movie Theater Attendant (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON7 April 2018
The work staff was extremely immature. The managers do not care about you all they want is for you to get the work done. I only learnt how to deal with inappropriate and rude bosses.
Decent first job for students
Cast Member (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 April 2018
This was my first job and I found it very misleading as to how "fun" it actually is. I did learn many things like: how to cut, cook and prepare fries; how to prepare and cook pizza; etc. The managers like to pick favorites as with most jobs. There are benefits though, cast screenings, discounted food, free movies.
Pros
Friendly Co-workers
Cons
Minimum wage with no raise, can get very busy

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Landmark Cinemas Canada. Our community is ready to answer.