Landmark Cinemas Canada

Landmark Cinemas Canada Employee Reviews

Canada170 reviews
I've worked at landmark in most positions from frontline staff to Assistant Manager to Theatre Manager. It's an absolutely fantastic place for part time work or for a first job. The teams I've met (from several locations across the country) are all kind, hard-working, and easy to talk to. I've made several life-long friends working here.
The benefits (free movies and heavily discounted snacks) are honestly pretty great, and you have access to them as soon as you start.

The company prefers to promote from within, so there is a lot of room for career advancement.

My problems unfortunately started once I became a salaried manager. The pay is unfortunately low for the amount of work asked of a manager, and the head office team is not the greatest at communicating. But that was just my experience, they are all excellent at their jobs in every other way.
Pros
Free movies, discounted snacks, friendly staff, fast-paced
Cons
fast-paced, communication lacking
The job is great to have, especially as a first job. You get to work with people that very quickly become your friends. However on the slow days, the shift can go by really slow. Overall not too stressful and relatively easy.
Pros
discount on food and free movies
Cons
shifts can vary and scheduling is done weekly
Working at Landmark is a wonderful opportunity. The pace of the work day varies with demand for certain movies, but overall a typical day would have you busy for a whole shift. The management is very friendly, and accommodating, and the team works well together. It's very important to have functioning relationships behind the counter, and the team strives to make that happen.
Growing up in the theatre business you come across a lot of Competition.
but in this company that ran the Cinema 6 drive inn ,

awesome they let us contract the drive inn out . We reopened her each summer to make some money only summer positions but it was my second home my dad was so projectionist for over 50 years miss it so much .
Landmark Cinemas is a great place to work for a young person looking for lots of variety in their work life. There are many jobs and lots of room for growth.
Landmark Cinemas was managed well, everyone knew what their job was and there was little conflict between employees. Shifts were tough while maintaining a university schedule (shifts often ended at midnight).
Pros
Good management
Cons
Long hours with little benefits
Fun place to work
Management was not very good

Learned a lot of customer service skills to use in the future

Fun work environment and coworkers

Free movies
i very much enjoy my job at landmark i just wish i could get more hours. management is very good and the staff is well cared for while at work. the environment is a very nice.
Love working at Landmark, although the managers are not qualified as non of them have taken a businness managment course of any kind. It's a very fun environnement and co-workers are great, but we don't get treated like we should by the managers, especially for all the work we do. The actual work itself is great and the discount we get is nice. Regular shiftis about 6h, but you can get a shift from 3h to 8h. They are very flexible with schedules and book offs.
love working here, my favourite job I've had so far, everyone on the team is nice and we all get along. The managers are chill and help in stressful situations.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Landmark Cinemas Canada?
I personally didn't like the job, but it was reliable. Nothing surprising or interesting would change your day. I hated that, but some really liked it
Pros
Reliable
Cons
Boring
Very friendly staff and most managers. Organised and pretty clean. Gets pretty busy on weekends. Overall easy job depending on the department. Good benefits.
typical day would conssist of being accquried the task of ethier conssesion,floor,door, and freestyle. I learned to manage work stress and anxiety due to the fact of working in the food service industry
You get to learn a lot of different job skills, such as caretaking theatres, preparing concession, customer interactions, closing and there’s a handful of other opportunities as well such as being trained on supervisor, IMAX, Cooking stations and much more OUTSIDE of the company too!
Over the 1.5 years I worked at landmark I had alot of good and bad experiences. My only consistently good experiences were with my coworkers (who were amazing), and my only consistently bad experiences were with management. There is a sheer lack of accountability with the management at the landmark in London, which made my job (and my coworker's jobs) far more difficult and aggravating than they ever needed to be.
I couldn't drive, I took the bus and told them that I needed to be off by the time the last bus ran, and it was okay in the beginning. Then they told me I had to stay until 2 am and pay for a taxi on top on my bus pass every month.
Was by far the best job I have ever had! My manager's teaching style was very effective and I felt well informed and comfortable working right away. The work environment was comfortable and organized and I always looked forward to seeing the regular customers. There was always work to do but I never felt stressed or swamped like I have at other jobs. I felt like a valued employee and I would recommend this job to everyone!
I enjoyed working with people similar to my age but I found that some didn't work as well as other did. Management didn't consistently train new hires and that was frustrating.
I learnt many things as well as met so many amazing people over the course of my employment at landmark. The hardest part about working there was definitely dealing with upset customers
You do just about everything if you work there for a bit. hours are very flexible and it's easy to trade/give away shifts. shifts can go as late as 2am on very busy nights.
Love the environment and the perks of free movies and discounted foods, outweigh the lower pay (which is fair for the work) for any movie lover that will utilize this. The job is fast paced and can be stressful on busy nights, but overall very enjoyable and positive.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Landmark Cinemas Canada. Our community is ready to answer.