Landmark Bus Pay & Benefits reviews

Good place to work if your looking for part time work & you like kids.
School Bus Driver & Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON30 August 2018
A good place to work, I looked forward to coming to work. I was taught how to a School driver a bus, given me my B class, at no charge to me. The management at this location was easily approachable and helpful. However not always open to new ideas. The other drivers were easy to get on with and very helpful if you had a problem with the equipment. Some drivers have been at Landmark Barrie for 15 & 20 years, so that should tell you something about the workplace culture. The hardest part of the job, early mornings and cold, cold buses that don't always start. But there is a great maintenance team here to help. The best part of the job for me was working with special needs children and their parents. Because I had two different jobs here, I had the opportunity to both drive and work with the maintenance department, and both really made my day. day.
Pros
People, work environment, job as a whole
Cons
No benefits, low pay considering the responsibility, equipment failure.
Great if you have preschool kids
School Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Landmark, MB29 August 2018
This is a good job to have if you need work and have preschool children to look after. You can take them with you!
Pay grade not enough for what you are responsible for...do you want your kids being transported by someone who makes barely over minimum wage?
Pros
Can take your kids with you
Cons
not paid enough
Turnover rate poor horrible
Bus driver (Former Employee) –  Bartie15 June 2018
Care more about making a profit once you're on the road you're on your own the pay is terrible for the work that you do . If you're close to management, you get lots of charters most buses have defects not fixed
Pros
Love the kids and they love you back
Cons
Need to pay their drivers what they're worth
Big responsibility and low pay
Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON13 February 2018
Actual time worked = less than minimum wage.
Office ladies seem nice but upper management not so much.
Busses in poor condition.
Staff are cliquish and gossipy back stabbers
Pros
Annual free bbq.
Cons
Mid day is wasted without work
poorly paid, poor management
driver (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON5 February 2018
Bad pay, poor management, company is on a downhill slide. Mini wage increase less than $2 gap, not worth the work. All van drivers received a $2+ increase but bus drivers got .75ยข .. whoopsee do.
Pros
independant work
Cons
bad pay, management is lacking
Rewarding but lacking
School Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Alliston, ON9 December 2017
Being a School Bus Driver is a very rewarding job but bus drivers in Ontario are shockingly underpaid. $2/hour more than minimum wage and not paid for time driving without passengers.
not much to review
bus operator (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON27 October 2017
If working between 5-6 hours a day and getting paid for 3 is your idea of a good place to work, we'll I'm not sure what planet your from. If even representing the company and working for free, then you can have this job. Sorry, did that for 4 weeks too long.
Pros
independance, take home vehicle
Cons
non responsive to inquiries, not paid for work done, insensitive to drivers concerns
A great place to work
School Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Collingwood, ON17 March 2015
Sinton Landmark is a great company to work for. It is ideal for those who wish to work part-time hours to supplement a family income, driving school buses. There is thorough training with bus driving, first aid and everything needed to feel comfortable in this position.
There is often also the opportunity to do charters, which can provide more hours working if wanted.
Pros
Independent working. Flexible hours. School holidays off. Nice people to work for.
Cons
Driving in all weather. Students on bus can be loud or difficult. No benefits.
great atmosphere
School Bus Operator (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON20 October 2012
I transport childdren with special needs to and from school.
I truly do enjoy my job

Want to know more about Landmark Bus?

Ask a question