Landmark Bus Management reviews

Employee (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON14 September 2018
Great Place to work. Great part time job. Staff and management are very supportive and go above and beyond on a daily basis. The run I have is fantastic and works well with my schedule.
Pros
You can bring your child with you
Turnover rate poor horrible
Bus driver (Former Employee) –  Bartie15 June 2018
Care more about making a profit once you're on the road you're on your own the pay is terrible for the work that you do . If you're close to management, you get lots of charters most buses have defects not fixed
Pros
Love the kids and they love you back
Cons
Need to pay their drivers what they're worth
Ask Yourself - Why Are They Always Hiring
Driver (Former Employee) –  Markham7 May 2018
The answer is simple! They do not care about their drivers. I worked here and know first hand they have no class, no ethics, no morals and will use you until there is nothing left to use and then boot with no severance or anything else for that matter for little or no reason real reason at all!

AND the pay is approx. $4.00 per hour less that other School Bus Operators.
Pros
Aside from the kids there are none!
Cons
See above!
bus driver
School Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON2 March 2018
Drivers are to do a daily circle check of their vehicle. Then according to a route given by the board of education, drivers are to pick up children and take them to school, and at the end of the day pick them up after school and take them home. Management it would seem from one bus company to the next is all the same. They don't treat their drivers very well. The best part of the job was to have all the holidays and summers off.
Pros
All school holidays and summers off
Cons
Split shifts
poorly paid, poor management
driver (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON5 February 2018
Bad pay, poor management, company is on a downhill slide. Mini wage increase less than $2 gap, not worth the work. All van drivers received a $2+ increase but bus drivers got .75ยข .. whoopsee do.
Pros
independant work
Cons
bad pay, management is lacking
close to home
Driver (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON14 February 2018
Feel management is not behind employees. After 5years the pay has got worse they just keep on with the bandaid but they feel it is ok to have great turn over of drivers are ok. new drivers do not know the faces on their bus. Is that ok for your child.
Pros
days off
Cons
the company that now owns us with not fight for us
Big responsibility and low pay
Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON13 February 2018
Actual time worked = less than minimum wage.
Office ladies seem nice but upper management not so much.
Busses in poor condition.
Staff are cliquish and gossipy back stabbers
Pros
Annual free bbq.
Cons
Mid day is wasted without work
Nice place to work with but not enough hours is the only catch
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Newmarket, ON7 December 2017
Nothing bad to say. Nice company, especially the top guy is a real good man.
They treat you good unless you screw it up.
Hardest part of the job is being outdoors
enjoyable part of the job is good work ethics.
Pros
blue collar job
Cons
not enough hours
A new experience everyday. Fun and rewarding.
Sinton Landmark Bus Operator (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON5 April 2016
Each and everyday has new experiences and challenges. The school children are all great and offer a fresh insight to everyday. Never boring.

I have learned so much as a Bus Operator. The care of so many lives I have on a bus a day, new responsibilities to my company, schools and parents. Safety, First Aid, defensive driving,
diversity to deal with new situations on a daily basis . keeping driving schedules, and flexibility.

Our management is superior to none, always there for us, keeping us on track, helping us when we run into difficult situations on the bus and driving. Have a great open door policy. Great team.

My co workers are pleasant, dependable and always ready to lend a hand.

The hardest part of the job is the challenge of the ever changing road conditions. For example Winter driving. Not knowing from day to day what to expect.

The most enjoyable thing about my job is the kids, young and teenager, their parents and teacher. The daily interaction is great.
Pros
Knowing you make a postive inpact on so many lives
Cons
Poor driving conditions are bad
Moody and rude management
Driver (Former Employee) –  East Gwillimbury, ON1 November 2016
Pay errors, decaying bus fleet, rude foul-mouthed manager, head office doesn't care, major recurring staffing issues, insufficient support and non appreciative.
Pros
Summer and holidays off
Cons
See above

Comment – 18 April 2017

Finding a good balance with your emotions is crucial to being a happy and successful person. Take care of your mind, body and soul by making sure negative thoughts do not run your life. We strive as a family to accommodate everyone's goals an encourage all staff to apply themselves.

Darryl
Recruitment Manager

Enjoy interacting with the children and resposibility of driving them safely to school.
Professional Driver (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON8 September 2012
I enjoy driving the school bus and the responsibility of providing a safe environment for children going to school and coming home after school.

A typical day at work is examining my vehicle for safety and mechanical soundness and then ensuring that I am maintaining perfect attendance and being punctual everyday for my daily pickups and drop offs. This is extremely important for the obvious reasons that the children need to be at school before the bell and teaches them responsibility of being present and on time also.

I have learned that when you greet with a smile you usually get one back in return.

The management at Sinton are very professional and personable. They greet you by name and with over 400 drivers this is impressive and gives the feeling of being recognized.

My interaction with co-workers is limited since we are independent drivers. However, sometimes we have the opportunity to mingle in the company break room and at company events at different times of the year. We usually only know each other by our route numbers that we learn over the radio through dispatch.

The hardest part of the job is the low rate of pay and uncertainty of the amount of hours at the beginning of each year. We wait to see what route we are given and no opportunity to change unless we are aware of a route with more hours involved.

The most enjoyable part of this job is the driving of the bus, when I was younger I entertained the idea of driving a transport truck but life got in the way and I never was able to follow up on that dream.
Pros
independance
Cons
limited hours