Landmark Bus Employee Reviews in Barrie, ON

Employee (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON14 September 2018
Great Place to work. Great part time job. Staff and management are very supportive and go above and beyond on a daily basis. The run I have is fantastic and works well with my schedule.
Pros
You can bring your child with you
close to home
Driver (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON14 February 2018
Feel management is not behind employees. After 5years the pay has got worse they just keep on with the bandaid but they feel it is ok to have great turn over of drivers are ok. new drivers do not know the faces on their bus. Is that ok for your child.
Pros
days off
Cons
the company that now owns us with not fight for us
Big responsibility and low pay
Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON13 February 2018
Actual time worked = less than minimum wage.
Office ladies seem nice but upper management not so much.
Busses in poor condition.
Staff are cliquish and gossipy back stabbers
Pros
Annual free bbq.
Cons
Mid day is wasted without work
poorly paid, poor management
driver (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON5 February 2018
Bad pay, poor management, company is on a downhill slide. Mini wage increase less than $2 gap, not worth the work. All van drivers received a $2+ increase but bus drivers got .75ยข .. whoopsee do.
Pros
independant work
Cons
bad pay, management is lacking
not much to review
bus operator (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON27 October 2017
If working between 5-6 hours a day and getting paid for 3 is your idea of a good place to work, we'll I'm not sure what planet your from. If even representing the company and working for free, then you can have this job. Sorry, did that for 4 weeks too long.
Pros
independance, take home vehicle
Cons
non responsive to inquiries, not paid for work done, insensitive to drivers concerns
Enjoy driving the big yellow school bus and meet new people every School year.
Proffesional Driver (Former Employee) –  280 Vespra Street, Barrie ON8 February 2014
At Sinton, I over came my fear to communicate with others, I established confidence on meeting new people and it felt great to know, to be trusted to drive the big yellow bus safely full of students everyday.
Winter was challenging to drive specially when we have a lot of snow. With confidence and making sure the bus was circle check, I did not have a problem in the road, but winter was the hardest time of the year to drive.
I really enjoy driving the students and going to trips. Every year I met new student and visited new places.
Pros
End school year brackfast and Christmast party
Cons
Part time, worked during school year and summer trips
A new experience everyday. Fun and rewarding.
Sinton Landmark Bus Operator (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON5 April 2016
Each and everyday has new experiences and challenges. The school children are all great and offer a fresh insight to everyday. Never boring.

I have learned so much as a Bus Operator. The care of so many lives I have on a bus a day, new responsibilities to my company, schools and parents. Safety, First Aid, defensive driving,
diversity to deal with new situations on a daily basis . keeping driving schedules, and flexibility.

Our management is superior to none, always there for us, keeping us on track, helping us when we run into difficult situations on the bus and driving. Have a great open door policy. Great team.

My co workers are pleasant, dependable and always ready to lend a hand.

The hardest part of the job is the challenge of the ever changing road conditions. For example Winter driving. Not knowing from day to day what to expect.

The most enjoyable thing about my job is the kids, young and teenager, their parents and teacher. The daily interaction is great.
Pros
Knowing you make a postive inpact on so many lives
Cons
Poor driving conditions are bad
Good team to work with.
Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON2 February 2014
- take children to school and home again
- deal with different types of weather conditions
Pros
Take my child with me.
great atmosphere
School Bus Operator (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON20 October 2012
I transport childdren with special needs to and from school.
I truly do enjoy my job
Enjoy interacting with the children and resposibility of driving them safely to school.
Professional Driver (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON8 September 2012
I enjoy driving the school bus and the responsibility of providing a safe environment for children going to school and coming home after school.

A typical day at work is examining my vehicle for safety and mechanical soundness and then ensuring that I am maintaining perfect attendance and being punctual everyday for my daily pickups and drop offs. This is extremely important for the obvious reasons that the children need to be at school before the bell and teaches them responsibility of being present and on time also.

I have learned that when you greet with a smile you usually get one back in return.

The management at Sinton are very professional and personable. They greet you by name and with over 400 drivers this is impressive and gives the feeling of being recognized.

My interaction with co-workers is limited since we are independent drivers. However, sometimes we have the opportunity to mingle in the company break room and at company events at different times of the year. We usually only know each other by our route numbers that we learn over the radio through dispatch.

The hardest part of the job is the low rate of pay and uncertainty of the amount of hours at the beginning of each year. We wait to see what route we are given and no opportunity to change unless we are aware of a route with more hours involved.

The most enjoyable part of this job is the driving of the bus, when I was younger I entertained the idea of driving a transport truck but life got in the way and I never was able to follow up on that dream.
Pros
independance
Cons
limited hours