Landmark Bus Employee Reviews

Good place to work if your looking for part time work & you like kids.
School Bus Driver & Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON30 August 2018
A good place to work, I looked forward to coming to work. I was taught how to a School driver a bus, given me my B class, at no charge to me. The management at this location was easily approachable and helpful. However not always open to new ideas. The other drivers were easy to get on with and very helpful if you had a problem with the equipment. Some drivers have been at Landmark Barrie for 15 & 20 years, so that should tell you something about the workplace culture. The hardest part of the job, early mornings and cold, cold buses that don't always start. But there is a great maintenance team here to help. The best part of the job for me was working with special needs children and their parents. Because I had two different jobs here, I had the opportunity to both drive and work with the maintenance department, and both really made my day. day.
Pros
People, work environment, job as a whole
Cons
No benefits, low pay considering the responsibility, equipment failure.
Employee (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON14 September 2018
Great Place to work. Great part time job. Staff and management are very supportive and go above and beyond on a daily basis. The run I have is fantastic and works well with my schedule.
Pros
You can bring your child with you
Turnover rate poor horrible
Bus driver (Former Employee) –  Bartie15 June 2018
Care more about making a profit once you're on the road you're on your own the pay is terrible for the work that you do . If you're close to management, you get lots of charters most buses have defects not fixed
Pros
Love the kids and they love you back
Cons
Need to pay their drivers what they're worth
Great if you have preschool kids
School Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Landmark, MB29 August 2018
This is a good job to have if you need work and have preschool children to look after. You can take them with you!
Pay grade not enough for what you are responsible for...do you want your kids being transported by someone who makes barely over minimum wage?
Pros
Can take your kids with you
Cons
not paid enough
bus driver
School Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON2 March 2018
Drivers are to do a daily circle check of their vehicle. Then according to a route given by the board of education, drivers are to pick up children and take them to school, and at the end of the day pick them up after school and take them home. Management it would seem from one bus company to the next is all the same. They don't treat their drivers very well. The best part of the job was to have all the holidays and summers off.
Pros
All school holidays and summers off
Cons
Split shifts
Ask Yourself - Why Are They Always Hiring
Driver (Former Employee) –  Markham7 May 2018
The answer is simple! They do not care about their drivers. I worked here and know first hand they have no class, no ethics, no morals and will use you until there is nothing left to use and then boot with no severance or anything else for that matter for little or no reason real reason at all!

AND the pay is approx. $4.00 per hour less that other School Bus Operators.
Pros
Aside from the kids there are none!
Cons
See above!
Amazing!
Bus driver (Former Employee) –  Collingwood, ON25 July 2018
Absolutely fantastic to work for! very reasonable and understanding, they are very relaxed and enjoy their jobs. Everyone is so friendly and the hours are fantastic.
close to home
Driver (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON14 February 2018
Feel management is not behind employees. After 5years the pay has got worse they just keep on with the bandaid but they feel it is ok to have great turn over of drivers are ok. new drivers do not know the faces on their bus. Is that ok for your child.
Pros
days off
Cons
the company that now owns us with not fight for us
poorly paid, poor management
driver (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON5 February 2018
Bad pay, poor management, company is on a downhill slide. Mini wage increase less than $2 gap, not worth the work. All van drivers received a $2+ increase but bus drivers got .75ยข .. whoopsee do.
Pros
independant work
Cons
bad pay, management is lacking
Big responsibility and low pay
Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON13 February 2018
Actual time worked = less than minimum wage.
Office ladies seem nice but upper management not so much.
Busses in poor condition.
Staff are cliquish and gossipy back stabbers
Pros
Annual free bbq.
Cons
Mid day is wasted without work
Fun and Satisfying
School Vehicle Operator (Former Employee) –  Collingwood, ON4 February 2018
Even though we followed a tight schedule and route everyday, I always found a reason to smile. I love kids and they made the job so much fun. I am a good driver, so this was also an opportunity to showcase my skills.
Nice people to work with
Full time school bus operator (Former Employee) –  Alliston, ON14 January 2018
Office staff always helpful and friendly with time for any questions, whether they be important or not. All employees were treated with respect, even when mistakes were made.
Pros
all around fun job
Cons
not enough hours
Nice place to work with but not enough hours is the only catch
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Newmarket, ON7 December 2017
Nothing bad to say. Nice company, especially the top guy is a real good man.
They treat you good unless you screw it up.
Hardest part of the job is being outdoors
enjoyable part of the job is good work ethics.
Pros
blue collar job
Cons
not enough hours
Fun Place to Work all the staff know my name
School Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Newmarket, ON7 December 2017
Its a great feeling, I was in the mall and a couple of my students I bring to school stopped with their parents to introduce. Clearly making me feel proud of my students and the positive influence I have on them..
Pros
Very Rewarding
Cons
I enjoy my Job
not much to review
bus operator (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON27 October 2017
If working between 5-6 hours a day and getting paid for 3 is your idea of a good place to work, we'll I'm not sure what planet your from. If even representing the company and working for free, then you can have this job. Sorry, did that for 4 weeks too long.
Pros
independance, take home vehicle
Cons
non responsive to inquiries, not paid for work done, insensitive to drivers concerns
Rewarding but lacking
School Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Alliston, ON9 December 2017
Being a School Bus Driver is a very rewarding job but bus drivers in Ontario are shockingly underpaid. $2/hour more than minimum wage and not paid for time driving without passengers.
A new experience everyday. Fun and rewarding.
Sinton Landmark Bus Operator (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON5 April 2016
Each and everyday has new experiences and challenges. The school children are all great and offer a fresh insight to everyday. Never boring.

I have learned so much as a Bus Operator. The care of so many lives I have on a bus a day, new responsibilities to my company, schools and parents. Safety, First Aid, defensive driving,
diversity to deal with new situations on a daily basis . keeping driving schedules, and flexibility.

Our management is superior to none, always there for us, keeping us on track, helping us when we run into difficult situations on the bus and driving. Have a great open door policy. Great team.

My co workers are pleasant, dependable and always ready to lend a hand.

The hardest part of the job is the challenge of the ever changing road conditions. For example Winter driving. Not knowing from day to day what to expect.

The most enjoyable thing about my job is the kids, young and teenager, their parents and teacher. The daily interaction is great.
Pros
Knowing you make a postive inpact on so many lives
Cons
Poor driving conditions are bad
A great place to work
School Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Collingwood, ON17 March 2015
Sinton Landmark is a great company to work for. It is ideal for those who wish to work part-time hours to supplement a family income, driving school buses. There is thorough training with bus driving, first aid and everything needed to feel comfortable in this position.
There is often also the opportunity to do charters, which can provide more hours working if wanted.
Pros
Independent working. Flexible hours. School holidays off. Nice people to work for.
Cons
Driving in all weather. Students on bus can be loud or difficult. No benefits.
Enjoy driving the big yellow school bus and meet new people every School year.
Proffesional Driver (Former Employee) –  280 Vespra Street, Barrie ON8 February 2014
At Sinton, I over came my fear to communicate with others, I established confidence on meeting new people and it felt great to know, to be trusted to drive the big yellow bus safely full of students everyday.
Winter was challenging to drive specially when we have a lot of snow. With confidence and making sure the bus was circle check, I did not have a problem in the road, but winter was the hardest time of the year to drive.
I really enjoy driving the students and going to trips. Every year I met new student and visited new places.
Pros
End school year brackfast and Christmast party
Cons
Part time, worked during school year and summer trips
Good team to work with.
Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON2 February 2014
- take children to school and home again
- deal with different types of weather conditions
Pros
Take my child with me.
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Landmark Bus. Our community is ready to answer.