Land O’Lakes, Inc. Employee Reviews

Great job
Telecommunications Analyst (Former Employee) –  Arden Hills, MN19 July 2019
Temp job so there was no longevity. Literally answering phones and transferring calls. That’s all. They cross trained us on some bills but that was about it. My favorite job yet
Look elsewhere
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Camp Hill, PA15 July 2019
Production management is running the place into the ground. If you're applying for production be prepared to work 55-65 hour weeks and frequent mandatory Saturdays. You will never see your “leaders” working these Saturdays.

The lack of efficiency and poor management is the reason they're working so much mandatory overtime.

In maintenance you will deal with constant new operators that receive zero real training and are basically taught to call maintenance for any issue.

To get a raise in maintenance you will do hours of graded standardized testing online. None of it is job specific. It is very generic industrial maintenance/electrical material with a test attached to the end. It is a very poor evaluation of skill to base a raise on.
Imprisonment
Quality Assurance Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Hicksville, NY11 July 2019
So many rules to follow like time of punch in, being late, being too early, all towards a point system for the year before they wipe your slate clean again. Hours may fluctuate depending on position and culture segregated. Takes a toll on your job/work life. Money is good, lot of overtime but not a regular 9-5 job no matter what shift you take or be placed at. I worked for as long as i could before it started taking a toll on my life and relationship with my fiancee which eventually lead to my resignation.
Good Place to work
Member Relations- Technical Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MN9 July 2019
Land O Lakes was a good employer, the area was just not for me. I was relocated to another area and enjoyed my time spent there but found through time it was not the right fit for me.
Great office environment experience
IT Help Desk Intern (Former Employee) –  Arden Hills, MN5 July 2019
I was an IT Intern here at Land O Lakes and worked in a lab with other techs and did hands-on work with computers and things. I was in charge of also assisting employees on campus with anything technology related at their workstations.
Overall good company
Business System Support Analyst (Current Employee) –  Fort Dodge, IA11 June 2019
I have been with the company for a long time, I have nothing bad to say. I work remotely which limits my ability to advance within this company. Hardest part is being remote, and may not get included in communications.
Clean and very physical
Production (Former Employee) –  Spencer, WI5 June 2019
Be prepared to do a lot of walking and climbing. Very hot work. Bring extra clothes. There is a swing shift when you first start. There are rules with it though.
Pros
The pay and benefits
Cons
Over staffed
Poor Management
Employee (Former Employee) –  Pine Island, MN25 May 2019
Management is not in sync with employees. Management promotes safety and teamwork, but micromanages employees when one or two employees don't follow ssops. Instead of individual accountability, management punishes every employee in that job position. That shows laziness in management.
Pros
Small quarterly bonuses
Cons
Toxic work environment due to management
Pretty good workplace environment
FORKLIFT OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TN21 May 2019
A unique job,gotta wanna work or this isn't the place 4 u.no stress,just do your work n go home,on night shift..pretty good mgmt, very physical job but not hard. Temp,is hot in summer cold on socks but overall not bad
Pros
Pay, breaks, stress free
Cons
Raises n shift hrs vary
Good to work at LandO'Lakes
Lead Consultant (Former Employee) –  MN30 April 2019
Got a great opportunity to work at LandO'Lakes.
Learned - SOA, OSB, Mulesoft, BPM, BAM and whole list of Middleware stack.
Also did certification on Mulesoft
Company at landolakes
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Lake City, FL14 April 2019
The company mission is is driven by employee engagement culture with the addition of best talent retention programs designed to improve customer satisfaction and provide the best service possible.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Remote leadership
Great company
National Accounts Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Dodge, IA7 April 2019
Great company with excellent training programs. Great quality control. Really cares about their customers. The division that I worked for was the most profitable division in the entire company. My VP supervisor was promoted to President of Land O' Lakes. The selected replacement was from within the company and well qualified. Unfortunately he had a serious stroke and never recovered. The company went outside and hired a replacement who destroyed our division making extreme changes. He was fired and several people including me left the company.
Pros
Great company with excellent training
Cons
Sometimes company politics get in the way
Management is clueless and employees are jerks
Pellet Mill Operator (Former Employee) –  Fond du Lac, WI4 April 2019
Management was a joke, plant manager was never around. Union took way too much money from my checks for about 4 months and the Union Steward wasn’t any help in getting my money back all he does is complain non stop about EVERYTHING while helping no one. I was also ridiculed constantly by the guy who trained me for a medical condition in eyes that I’ve had since birth. Overall worst work experience I’ve ever had.
Pros
I no longer work there
Cons
Great environment, culture and people!
Executive Admin, Contract (Former Employee) –  Arden Hills, MN1 April 2019
I feel like my skill set @ being an Administrative Assistant grew exponentially during my time @ LOL. The people who make-up the company were a joy to be around, I always look forward to going into each work day!
Pros
GREAT cafeteria, free parking, community environment that was inclusive.
Great company, great people, but slow and risk-adverse
Business Development Analyst (Current Employee) –  Arden Hills, MN25 March 2019
I love my company and the people are top-notch. It's a difficult organization to get into, but once you're in, they prioritize internal hires (and encourage internal movement). It's great that there's so many functions you can explore all under one roof. However, our there's a lack of accountability from Leadership and we're slow to move, so we're constantly late to the game in innovation. I worry about the company's long-term future but in my four years with Land O'Lakes, I've enjoyed every minute of it!
Pros
Onsite amenities, flexible work arrangements, strong diversity and inclusion culture
Cons
Weak leadership, lacks innovation
Great if you don’t mind not having your own desk
Intermediate Logistics Planner 1 (Current Employee) –  Arden Hills, MN22 March 2019
With the new building they went to an open floor plan and that means you don’t have a desk. You take a work station everyday and it is very noisy. If you miss the feel of a college campus this is the place for you.
good job
Mngr (Current Employee) –  MN21 March 2019
I will be away on March 20th all day. If you need any further assistance please call tell me more info do not include more time hard place tim
Pros and Cons
Lab Technician I (Current Employee) –  Arden Hills, MN6 March 2019
Corporate headquarter location is a great place to work. Other locations can be different. Opportunity for growth can be dependent on which department you work in.
Pros
free coffee, on-site gym, great cafeteria
Cons
Not much opportunity for growth in some departments
Good place to work very poor management skills do
Mixer operator (Former Employee) –  Lima ohio5 March 2019
Management is out to screw ya cuz the place is union driven place. They expect another employee to train you thats not a trainer doesnt like to train cuz of how management treats tje trainee.. Always ripping you off what your supposed to be traini g on to do things that can wait
Pros
Pay
Cons
Management long work hours
Manager
Corporate (Current Employee) –  Arden Hills, MN (USA)25 February 2019
At Land O'Lakes, I feel I have the opportunity to do important work every day. Work that contributes to my success and the Company's success. I feel challenged and valued.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Land O’Lakes, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.