LAMP Community Health Centre

LAMP Community Health Centre Employee Reviews

Fulfilling work and ability to grow

Overall I find this a productive and fulfilling place to work. Management seeks to cultivate an inclusive environment and encourages growth by making available a multitude of training opportunities free to staff. I am able to freely explore my visions which align with those of the organization; therefore, my work is satisfying as I get to make a difference in the general community. I believe that this organization could improve on the rate of pay issued to workers.

Pros

Free training and great benefits

Cons

Pay rate

All around Good

Good Place, amazing environment , amazing cause !! Managers are very caring and compassionate . Staff treat each other like they are family . Options to work for home is available.

Pros

pay, parking, great environment to be part of

Cons

One of the best place I worked for. Their staff and management were very welcoming and supportive with your professional development.

As a children's summer program worker, you have to plan programs for children ages 0-6 years old. Then you and your partner/s will have to drive to different parks to set up the activities that you planned. You'll be loading and unloading the toys from the van to the park. There, you'll meet children, parents and families that may address their concerns or ask about the services available in the community. You will be working with different professional such as dental hygienist, public nurse, librarian, etc. Few things I learned while working here are (but not limited to) the services available in the community, having confidence in communicating with families, and to collaborate with different professionals.

Management and leadership are toxic

I started working here excited to dive into community health care sector and instead ended up physically ill from dealing with the most toxic workplace culture I've ever experienced. The fact that gossip, infighting and corner cutting by upper management defined my time there is deeply unfortunate, as LAMP is in an area with very few services. I think this comes from a place of ignorance, not malice. The current executive director has proven that they lack the leadership skills to cultivate an inclusive and positive workplace. Directors would often break confidentiality of both clients and staff seemingly unintentionally - meetings with doors wide open and releasing personal health information to people without due process. Gossip was completely out of hand, with staff commonly pitted against each other. This scarcity mindset pioneered by directors has left many staff fearing for their jobs and trying to distract from their own poor performance by targeting others. Though sad, I also had a lot of compassion for people who were there for years as the workplace had clearly left an indelible mark on their mental health. I was left totally unsupported in my work. When I asked for clarity around expectations, submitted reports, asked for approval on workplans or sought any guidance, I was met with radio silence by the directors.This lack of care bubbled over into frustration that seeped into every department I interacted with while there. Many good workers were weeded out by high school level antics of those in charge. Others left because of oppression, in many forms, that -

Pros

Services in an area with very few

Cons

Executive director, director team, work environment, pay

Great Place to Work

LAMP is a great place to work if you're someone is the goal is to give back. there's not a lot of financial benefits, but the reward of helping others in your community

Pros

life impacting work

Cons

Pay

Productive and friendly and fun working experience

It was a great environment that helped both management and practitioners to work effectively. A strong communication between management and employees was the key in creating such a positive work environment.

Fun workplace

I help organize events everyday how to be organized and clean To be honest lamp is a really easy job and there is nothing really hard about it and i like volunteering there

Pros

free food

Cons

Nothing more to say than its a great place to work, or even volunteer. The management, staff, and the people they help are all amazing. It was above minimum wage at the time for me so it was cool

Cons

Poor culture for employees, good programs and services for clients

Overall, LAMP CHC looks great on paper and on their website but it was a terrible work environment in my experience. Stagnating and stifling. I would only recommend LAMP CHC if you are a new grad wanting to get some practical experience and/or you don't care about your own growth and development as a service provider. Transformative approaches are needed to create a fair environment that uplifts rather than restricts people. Provide opportunities for career advancement to enable talented workers to realize their potential. More competent mediation and conflict resolution (rather than resorting to bullying, intimidation, and deception as tactics) to improve collaboration and communication. More ethical approaches to support staff retention rather than simply pushing people out because of disagreement and bruised egos. More humble approach to leadership that demonstrates integrity, class, and tact. I would give this agency 0 stars if I could! My main reason for not doing so is because of the variety of programs and services.

Pros

Lots of good programs and services

Cons

Oppressive management structure, unsafe and discriminatory work environment, lack of staff appreciation, unfair hiring/promotion practices

Fun place to work

The management are open to new ideas and a place for growth. There are a lot room for growth and improvement working at this organization. The staff are friendly.