Lammle's Western Wear & Tack Employee Reviews

Fun, High energy work place
Salesperson/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB3 April 2019
Very short and high energy job experience as it is condensed into the days of Stampede. Working the night shift lead to starting work at the register with a bit of a rush and ending the night cleaning up. Overall very welcoming and fun job.
Pros
Condensed and fun
Cons
No breaks within the 11 days of Stampede
Don't.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB18 March 2019
Don't work at the Lethbridge location unless you are fine with a manager that doesn't want you to build relationships with your coworkers. But you are supposed to be family. If you want to work with a manager who threatens your job security by becoming friends with coworkers. Wants you to go to them about everything, you can't confide in anyone else there. Believes she has a "no gossip" workplace. Yeah no, and she doesn't seem to understand why people actually do it. They don't have management help there because she refuses it, is burning out and expects to look after a 3rd store when she has issues with what she has.
Main thing, don't because the manager put herself on too high of a pedistel and can't comprehend what's going on around her.
Pros
Discounts on great clothes
Cons
Manager
job summary
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB6 March 2019
the people who work their are awesome! its a fun environment and the work is not physically demanding. In the morning you come in and get ready for the day, throughout the day you will have different projects and tasks that have to be accomplished but they are all subsided to customers. customers always come first in their books. the one downfall to this job is that there isn't really any room for growth in the company. you can become a manager of a store but the salary isn't much more than a regular sales associate and no don't get paid any overtime which they ask you to do all the time. but there is very little overtime granted to regular hourly employees. I think this job is a good job for students or someone who is just wanting a job casually because their hours are so flexible and the managers really try to accommodate the staff.
Pros
good enviroment
Cons
no growth
Monopoly
Retail Salesman (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB28 February 2019
Because western wear is a very uncommon attire, the business only has a few busy months. Outside of that it really didnt get better. The owner sets up a "bonus" system where you have to meet unreal store and personal expectations to make any sort of money. Its retail though so if you want a good discount on jeans then work here.
Pros
Staff discount.
Cons
Retail hours.
Productive and fun work place
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 January 2019
Great "Family" feel type of company. Accounting staff is amazing, only flaw would be lack of training in any department. Fun and laid back atmosphere, but can be stressful at certain times of year.
Pros
Casual Environment
Cons
Poor upper management
Ok place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB30 December 2018
Great place as a start job but gets boring the longer you work there. You learn a lot but not at once and mangers do not really help you it's left to the other people who work there to show you the ropes.
Heavy and poorly functional workplace
Outfitter (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK30 December 2018
At Lammle's, I consistently worked evening shifts 3-5 times a week as a part time staff member, making a decent wage. After the first month, I started to notice management was poor, and there were no bonuses anymore, and staff would tend to gossip about others. I did not enjoy working there after the first month. During training we were given multiple long, written tests to complete that we were required to do at home or during slow shifts.
Pros
Decent hours
Cons
Poor training in staff
Great summer job
Customer Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB12 December 2018
This is a great company to work for during Stampede when they need alot of workers, if you're looking for an easy job that you don't need much experience for, this is it. You should be ready to deal with the elements and dealing with foreign customers, as well as any customer with attitude that walk your way.
Pros
Free admission to Calgary Stampede
Cons
Long hours standing, menial labor
Repeatative
Department Manager (Current Employee) –  Spruce Grove, AB5 October 2018
The job can get very repeatative and you may feel as tho you need
"a change of scenery". staring at the same stack of jeans after a few years can get old. Head Office can be difficult to deal with.
Pros
benefits after 6 months
Cons
Almost impossible to work your way up in the company.
great place to work if you enjoy the western lifestyle
Sales Associate and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB28 September 2018
fun, relaxed friendly environment
lots of training going on weekly, product knowledge etc
management was strict but fair
hardest part of the job was the constant nagging from manager and having to do write ups on staff and termination
loved working with customers to find what they need/want
the commission side of things wasn't the best. there would always be someone complaining that another associate took their customer etc.
Pros
fun, relaxed
Cons
the negative side of working for commisions
Not a pleasant place to work
Shipping (Former Employee) –  Head office, Calgary7 September 2018
According to the interview, I was being brought in to provide my experience and expertise regarding shipping. Alas, I was a glorified present wrapper, working under a stubborn employee who didn’t appreciate any concept of change. Management was never really around to bring issues up to. There was never enough work for the staff, even while prepping for stampede. I wouldn’t recommend working there, you could make more money begging. Underpaid and under appreciated staff!
Pros
None that I can think of
Cons
Entitled staff, absent management
Learned a lot of new things
Float Worker (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 September 2018
The shifts are very generous lengths, and the manager was very accommodating of any reasons that would stop an employee from going into work for a certain day or amount of consecutive days. When you are finished your work that is assigned to you, there are always other jobs to do. The work place culture was great, my fellow employees were great, and I can't wait to return back for next year's Calgary Stampede!
Good, but..
Outfitter (Former Employee) –  Olds, AB30 July 2018
Lammle's is a great place to work but there is a lot of technicalities that need to be worked on. Pay is good for someone in school but otherwise you need lots of hours to make ends meet.
Pros
discount, fun & easy
Cons
structure, pay
Tack, Equipment, Clothing & Jewlery
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK12 June 2018
An opportunity to work with and service like minded individuals, providing current industrial information and products.
Stocking shelves & organizing displays.
Enjoyable work environment while establishing customer relations
Manager (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, AB9 May 2018
Each week we had our regular customers come in, it was our responsibility to assist them to our full potential. All regular customers remembered the staff by name, as did the staff, the customers names which made the customers visit much more enjoyable. Each customer and staff was treated with equal trust, support, assistance and we took feedback on what customers were wanting and relayed it to our buyers and marketing department. The work environment was always "being a team member" from training, to recruiting, to sales, to daily tasks.
Pros
Fun work environment and reliable staff
Cons
Long hours, working every weekend
The experience was good
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB24 April 2018
I enjoyed all the experience with customer service and sales that I received however, I did leave due to emotional reasons. It was a great job for the experience it gave me and I will be thankful for that for a long time.
A productive team who helps pass knowledge to others who may not know
Assist customers (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB25 March 2018
While working at Lammle's Western Wear and Tack I have learn how to handle more then one task at a time while remaining to complete the requirements of both. I have learned how to assist customers needs and being about to suggest other alternatives for the things we didn't have in stock; whether it was suggesting another store within the company, offer bringing in an item from another store or referring them to other stores that would better suit their needs.

At Lammle's we are a team. If we are unable to provide all the answers to a customers questions we bring in another employee into the conversation that can provide the answers while also listening in to pick up the knowledge they are giving to the customer. Their is always something new to learn while working at Lammle's in which we share with each other so we are able to provide every customer who comes into the store with the knowledge they may be seeking.
Pros
working with a welcoming
Cons
no commission
interesting place to work
Sales Outfitter (Former Employee) –  Strathmore, AB14 March 2018
I enjoyed the people I worked with, best time of the year to work was during the Calgary Stampede, we would get the opportunity to dress people western who had never dressed this way before.
Pros
discounts on clothing and boots
Fun Workplace but very busy
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB24 February 2018
I worked during Stampede, so there was always something to do. This meant that the day passed by quickly, but it was also very tiring as you were always on your feet.
Local private company with great history
District Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 February 2018
Met great people in the western wear industry,loved the values and company culture. Loved working with the store managers and staff to see them grow and succeed at their endeavours.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lammle's Western Wear & Tack. Our community is ready to answer.