Lammle's Western Wear & Tack
Here to help
Coronavirus update

Lammle's Western Wear & Tack Employee Reviews

Canada72 reviews
A good place to work, but not one for someone looking for a more relaxed center - especially when getting closer to stampede time. Overall a good experience.
I worked at the Lethbridge location and was promised an assistant manager position, but was never given it. I had all the responsibilities, but none of the compensation. The manager has a zero tolerance for gossip, but is the worst culprit herself. She has zero trust in any of her staff and the rules and expectations far exceed a minimum wage retail job. I was told after 6 months I would receive a pay raise, and I got it fifty whole cents more an hour
Pros
Good discount on clothes and boots
Cons
Literally everything else, Always had to be ready to be guilted into covering a shift, terribly negative work environment.
Absolutely the worst Head Office I have ever worked in. The company culture is disgusting. Everyone is unhappy and depressed. No one hardly talks to each other. I had an important position for two years at Head Office and saw all my friends and young women quit. One manager in particular was manipulative, negative and a gossiper. The owner doesn’t care about his employees and will punch every penny.
Cons
-Terrible work culture, very low pay, old school and gender bias culture, hardly any vacation, clocked in and out even when you are on salary, no work events or team bonding, immature and unprofessional manager and owner
Lots of fun but lots of hard work. A great group of people there. Management was very kind and supportive. You were help accountable for your actions but not looked down upon.
I was hired as a sales associate, I was constantly getting in trouble for things I had no control over. The manager told my co worker her pregnancy was an inconvenience to the store. She was also very rude and unprofessional after the interview and when I was hired.
Pros
Most co workers were nice to work around
Cons
Management needs major work. There needs to be a line between expectations and disrespect
I worked for this company for multiple years and overall I enjoyed my time with them. I was able to get tons of experience and given interesting opportunities such as working stampede, country Thunder, and other events. The work wasn't too hard, and training didn't take too long. I was able to bond with my coworkers and made some great friends - though my manager would've rather we all hated each other. She took every thing personally, which got exhausting. She talked down to employees on and off the sales floor, and couldn't possibly be wrong. She would throw temper tantrums if she found out me and a co-worker wanted to hang out outside of work and gave mixed signals when it came to staff taking initiative (if we asked for help shed get mad saying "you shouldnt have to ask me" but if we did something without asking we "should have asked, ___ isn't the manager! I am!". If you do one thing to get on her bad side, she will not let it go and is consistently untrustworthy as she complains not only about her staff, but also her superiors. I recommend this job if you have a thick skin, as sometimes I think that all the amazing friends I've made and opportunities I've had are worth the emotional abuse.
overall the job was great. but I was working full time hours but I wasn't promoted to full time, so I wasn't able to get the benefits. management wasn't so well
Honestly wish I didn't leave my guaranteed 30 hour a week job for here. Was told it was almost always a 40 hour week job with even some extra Saturdays. No overtime pay on Saturdays and have had many pay cheques with only 20 hours a week. Management plays favourites by a long shot. If you miss any days the second anyone is sent home, even if you missed for a medical condition or family loss, it's you sent home. Noone there gets along they're all back stabbing and rude to each other and fighting constantly.
Pros
Easy work
Cons
Hours, management, peers
My fellow coworkers were very fun and enjoyable to work with. The job itself was straight forward and easy. The only issues was poor management and a slow training process and my specific location.
I worked here during the Calgary Stampede as my first job. While there are definitely some things about my temporary position that were definitely problematic for me, overall, it was pretty enjoyable.
The Pros:

-Organized work environment (I always knew what I should be doing, which I liked)

-They will offer you a job again for the Stampede next year

-Co-workers and supervisors were nice

-Free pass to get into the Stampede

Cons:

-There was no air conditioning where I worked (the Grandstand Tent), which is a huge problem when it's 20˚C

-We had to wear jeans to work, and we actually were not allowed to wear shorts or even capris unless it was over 25˚C

-No days off (so you couldn't actually *enjoy* your free entry to the Stampede)
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Lammle's Western Wear & Tack?
Pretty slow paced unless it is Stampede season. The managers are great and very personable. The workplace culture is great. The other employees are very friendly and energetic.
The manager does not care at all about her employees. She has forced employees to come into work when they have the flu and debilitating migraines. When people have given notice, she has gotten mad at the bringing them to tears. It is not a healthy work environment and I would advise anybody with anxiety and/or depression to stay away from working here. It is very toxic and everybody that works there, hates it, even the manager.
My experience working here was terrible. The management is very unprofessional and disrespectful. It is difficult to even put in words how poorly this company, and especially this location in Saskatoon is run. They do not treat other staff members how they should be. They offer poor wages for the work expected. Gossip and drama is a very big issue as majority of the staff is young girls and students. You do not receive the sufficient breaks that you are entitled to. The manager conducts himself in a way that is harassing and uncomfortable I would never wish for anyone to work here and go through the experience I had to.
I worked for Lammles during the Stampede and did not receive any training. My first day I was thrown certain jobs my way that I was not familiar with. I figured out what I was to be doing at certain times on my own without help or guidance. I was able to work with many young people who I connected with and even made lasting relationships with. Overall the job was pretty straight forward after the first day and I was able to follow through with my duties with ease. The hardest part would've been standing on concrete for nine hours but I was very entertained by the lovely staff and customers I met.
Pros
Learned many skills in a short amount of time.
Cons
Long hours standing.
Working for this company is awesome; if they like you. The second management or other staff members decide they don't like you, and that you do not fit into the clique, you are outcasted.
Pros
50% discount
Cons
Horrible people
Experience depends 100% on the people you work with as that's all that you can look forward to at this job. Management has a hard time guaranteeing hours and May not always go above and beyond for the staff. Head office can be a headache to deal with but if your fellow staff memeber are decent people it can be a fun work environment. Work is easy enough and the customer seem to enjoy the lifestyle making them easier to deal with. Don't expect to get any major bonuses since commission was cut. No one seems to do the follow up when you ask for a raise either.....
Pros
Great staff discount
Cons
Mediocre management and annoying head office
Very short and high energy job experience as it is condensed into the days of Stampede. Working the night shift lead to starting work at the register with a bit of a rush and ending the night cleaning up. Overall very welcoming and fun job.
Pros
Condensed and fun
Cons
No breaks within the 11 days of Stampede
Don't work at the Lethbridge location unless you are fine with a manager that doesn't want you to build relationships with your coworkers. But you are supposed to be family. If you want to work with a manager who threatens your job security by becoming friends with coworkers. Wants you to go to them about everything, you can't confide in anyone else there. Believes she has a "no gossip" workplace. Yeah no, and she doesn't seem to understand why people actually do it. They don't have management help there because she refuses it, is burning out and expects to look after a 3rd store when she has issues with what she has.
Main thing, don't because the manager put herself on too high of a pedistel and can't comprehend what's going on around her.
Pros
Discounts on great clothes
Cons
Manager
the people who work their are awesome! its a fun environment and the work is not physically demanding. In the morning you come in and get ready for the day, throughout the day you will have different projects and tasks that have to be accomplished but they are all subsided to customers. customers always come first in their books. the one downfall to this job is that there isn't really any room for growth in the company. you can become a manager of a store but the salary isn't much more than a regular sales associate and no don't get paid any overtime which they ask you to do all the time. but there is very little overtime granted to regular hourly employees. I think this job is a good job for students or someone who is just wanting a job casually because their hours are so flexible and the managers really try to accommodate the staff.
Pros
good enviroment
Cons
no growth
Because western wear is a very uncommon attire, the business only has a few busy months. Outside of that it really didnt get better. The owner sets up a "bonus" system where you have to meet unreal store and personal expectations to make any sort of money. Its retail though so if you want a good discount on jeans then work here.
Pros
Staff discount.
Cons
Retail hours.
Great "Family" feel type of company. Accounting staff is amazing, only flaw would be lack of training in any department. Fun and laid back atmosphere, but can be stressful at certain times of year.
Pros
Casual Environment
Cons
Poor upper management
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lammle's Western Wear & Tack. Our community is ready to answer.
2.7