Lambton Kent District School Board

Lambton Kent District School Board Reviews with Jobs

Canada30 reviews

jobworkworkingschoolstudenttimeboardgreat

Small School Environment I Love

Being a part of the community where I teach is very important to me. It is the best way to establish a learning relationship with each individual student. Knowing what is going on in their lives beyond the classroom helps establish a rapport. Being a part of a staff that has those same connections with students and each other, makes for a very supportive environment.

A great experience

I learned many skills, working with different ages, behaviours, disabilities during my time at the school's I assisted in. Great team experience from all staff to ensure the best learning and safety for all students and their families. Excellent work experience.

Pros

Day time work

Cons

Behaviours

Insights into Lambton Kent District School Board

What people like
  • Supportive environment
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Clear sense of purpose

Good experience

Professional environment and a wonderfully awesome experience. Really getting a sense of motivation and working in a team is giving me priceless. I am learning time management working with experienced and professional staff.

Okay

Politics play a big role for what you can and cannot do with student learning Often made to feel like your just a number and not a person of value hours of work are ideal but the job description is often shady and depends on what, where and who your working under

Good employer

I have worked as an elementary school teacher with the Lambton Kent District School Board for the past ten years. As far as Boards of Education go they are a good one.

Fun, friendly, and collaboraive environment

I learned so many new skills that I can transfer into a variety of other domains. The management staff are extremely patient with new employees and they are always willing to help. The culture is very upbeat and task oriented. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with friendly, welcoming people, and having fun everyday, even when the weather did not permit.

Great summer job opportunity

Great experience in the landscaping field with versatility and the chance to learn new skills. Amazing staff to work with and lots of freedom on the job while keeping in shape

Very supportive administration staff, a great environment

The teachers and admin at LKDSB are incredibly helpful, supportive and kind. As an occasional teacher this is very important. My only complaint is that I do not receive enough call ins to have this as my only job.

Went to school

I went to school here and it was a pretty great schoo, good teachers, good students, good everything, overall I would probably go there again if i was given the chance.

Summer Student

was a summer student and job required a lot of manual labor, Boss was ok but very unorganized. Job was overall a enjoyable experience and made some long lasting friendships.

Pros

independence

Cons

manual labor

excellent

Enjoy my job just time for a change I have worked for the board for 29 years and enjoy it every day. I need a change I need to look after my family. My life has changed and I am the sole supporter.

Pros

summers off

Cons

busy school

Good Work Place

A good workplace, most shifts for custodians are in the afternoon. Most of the work involves working alone and being a self-starter. The pay is decent and all employees start as casual.

it ok

not a half bad company, the work is good and good people all around, but the only thing that I didn't like was the lack of hours. If not for my other job I wouldn't make enough to support the gas to drive to the job. So when they say casual they do mean it.

Good

It is a great place to work with many professional people. I would recommend the school board as a great employer. There are plenty of locations to choose from and room to grow and learn.

A great place to work

I am clerical supply and I really enjoy working for the Board of Education, While on supply I work in lots of different schools and getting to know a lot of people. Everyone is very friendly and always willing to help out.

Pros

You get to choose when you want to work

Cons

Sometime not many shifts

workplace was fine

For an occasional Educational assistant the board does not post these union jobs so very difficult to gain permanent positions! Supply positions are suppose to be called through the system however this doesn't not happen and makes it difficult for work to be spread out evenly or through seniority!

Spare custodian

I've been a casual custodian for 2 1/2 yrs. If not for work on the side, I would never have stayed. Favorites to one supervisor in particular gets all calls or their own run regardless of hard workers. Rules change daily. You can jump through hoops, going to a job on very short notice and take jobs no one wants, only to receive a punch in the neck. I've had no calls for weeks and now they are hiring? There is no seniority for spares. A newbie got a run before me many times. They don't follow city bi laws for florescent light disposal, I was told to just throw them in the trash bin, but I took them to Lowe's myself. RUN!

Pros

A few good people

Cons

More back stabbers then good people

Teaching is a great job but you have little interaction with the company per se. In general, you are under appreciated by the Board with laughable gifts as you reach the milestones of your career.

Pros

Good benefits

Cons

Long hours, little appreciation for workers

wonderful place

Wonderful organization! It is a family atmosphere and everyone works as a team. I really feel like I have made a difference here and really enjoy working with everyone here.

Excellent

Wow such an amazing caring employer I love kids and recess and lunch Teachers are the best co-workers and the pay was outstanding. I miss this job but needed full time

Work

The working conditions are excellent. I worked here for a long time, They pay on time. They have different workshops for educational purposes, I would work here again.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lambton Kent District School Board. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement