Lambton County Developmental Services Employee Reviews

Continuous learning opportunities and amazing people
Developmental Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Petrolia, ON9 April 2019
I have been working for LCDS for a few years now, and I have learned so much. I have been given amazing opportunities by this agency and by the people I support. I've met incredible people - people supported, and other staff. I am very honoured to work for this agency and in this field.
a lot of responsibility for $17/hr
DSP (Former Employee) –  Petrolia19 March 2019
You are responsible for med administration and treatments, personal care, counseling, mental health and behaviour support, transportation, community activities, documentation and all household tasks such as cleaning, meals, shopping, laundry.
Typical DSP job.

'Part time' is mostly weekends and nights. No matter how many hours you work, you don't qualify for benefits. Even 'full time' postings are just indefinite 'contracts' without benefits or commitment to you. They expect you to be available for them 24/7, especially if you're new.

They're trying to cut corners, not so much on support, but definitely on staff. It's ALWAYS talk about the budget. Watch your pay stubs and make sure you know what's in your contract before you sign on.

Upper management is seriously out of touch. Middle managers are constantly being switched around and don't know what's happening in the programs. You have to rely on your coworkers for info and help. If you're working alone -and you will- you message your coworkers. Most of front line staff are amazing and do a lot for the people they support and the other staff, even off hours.

It's ok for experience until you find something better.
Pros
meaningful work, coworkers are mostly very helpful and caring
Cons
part timers not valued
Great staff who believe in supporting the clients
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  Petrolia, ON28 January 2018
Great non-profit to work for. All levels of staff put the focus on quality of life and services for the clients. Not a lot of funding, so wages are sub-standard. Not a lot of openings for management positions or full time work. Usually have to work part-time first to be considered for full time.

Birthday lunches, charity golf tournament, and special events are quite enjoyable. Executive management is very approachable.
Pros
birthday lunches, charity golf tourney, other special events, caring staff
Cons
Low wages, not much room for advancement
Overall a great experience
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Petrolia, ON6 September 2017
Excellent people to work with and work for. Never saw myself working with people who have disabilities but this is very fulfilling work and a great salary as well!
Life skills learned are amazing, no better place to be
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Petrolia, ON3 July 2013
greatest workplace, good money and i learn more from the individuals then they learn from me
Pros
everything

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lambton County Developmental Services. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3