Lambton College

Lambton College Employee Reviews

I worked as a part time EarlyON Centre student and it was a very exciting and educational opportunity. Many of the tasks seemed odd at first but each one was purposeful and fun. Management was amazing, they are so understating and very flexible. A truly amazing job to have when you are a busy full-time student.
Pros
Flexible and understanding
Lambton College as an employer is wonderful. They treat their employees with respect and consideration and work with the employee as a member of a team.
Good place to work with family oriented environment. I learnt a lot from this solace team orientation, how to succeed with good pace. Friendly atmosphere gives you essence to work more productively
Actually, I have recently completed my post graduation diploma from here. I was selected as a class representative over here and it was free of cost. I really enjoyed the amazing environment provided by them.
Good place to work, Safe environment, Learned to deal with new applications like Setmore for Scheduling .Learned to manage appointments along with hectic work schedule. Fast growing place.
Pros
Energetic team, Safe
Cons
No pay
Great Place, It has allowed me to get the education that I want, while entering the workplace on my Co-op. It has given me practical and hands on knowledge.
Teach students coming from different regions in the world Excellent cooperative faculty Decent pay Nice working atmosphere Books, and working tools or platforms available and up to date.
Tutoring fellow students helped me retain the information I had learned in class. Working for the college was enjoyable. As a student and an employee, my supervisors were willing to schedule around my classes and personal study times.
Pros
excellent review for myself to retain what I had learned
Cons
limited hours as student employee
Managed the front desk of the athletics department. Helped set up for intramural sports and for varsity sporting events. Cleaned up weights in weight room and gym area.
Pros
Short Shifts
Cons
Sometimes have to stay late
Working at Lambton College gave me the skills that I needed to push forward in my career. Unfortunately there are only a few positions where you are a permanent employee, so they can give more opportunities to other deserving candidates.
The work culture at the college is very progressive for the students if they secure a work position in the college. The management is very supportive in executing any work.
i enjoyed being a don at the college because i was able to help new students at residence in any way i could, the don group we had was awesome and i made many friends from it.
this was a completely awesome position i completed preventative maintenance on the equipment and helped withe grounds keeping which involved grass cutting and landscaping.
I enjoy going to this college, it is a friendly environment and all the facility are so nice and understanding when I needed help, always there and the counsellors are amazing as well
Pros
Lots of amazing teachers
Cons
nothing I love it
I did the work on there with full concentration and full responsibility.However there was one problem that its too far.That's why i need to change that position.
Pros
co-operative
Cons
too-far
learnt IOS application development for the first time in the Lambton college Toronto. It is good experience in the college, did work on websites too and also studied various technologies such as Blockchain,Computer Vision ,Big Data etc.
Pros
Learnt IOS platform
Cons
less timing for the particular course
I absolutely loved working for Lambton College. It was unfortunate that it was only a short term contract. The people were great, the work was challenging but not over bearing and I loved what I was doing. I do not have any negative comment about working for Lambton College, in the Office of the President.
Nice culture and diverse place to work. I have nothing to say bad about the workplace because I worked for part-time and the work which I had is not heavy. I need to quit the job because I completed my studies so no longer am eligible to work in a campus.
The workplace is the most enjoyable that I have ever had, because you are always helping someone else to learn. All of the supervisors/ teachers are there to assist everyone to learn something new.
Typical day was organizing a plan for mechanical planning for 2 MTI classes of 32 students in each class I learned the students were very confused. They wanted to know field experience, so I taught them. Management was not involved with my program at all. Hiring, instruction management was very good Culture was very open and personal were very helpful Teaching non mechanical students who had no interest is hard i enjoyed teaching the students the basics of rotating and reciprocating machinery. I enjoyed teaching them the many hazards along with safe work practices I taught them the fundamentals of each piece of equipment Many of the graduate students were hired on my reccomendation
Pros
Plenty of industry support
Cons
Not enough practical (real work environment knowledge) and safety in the workplace
It was a challenging project. we had to figure out a lot of things but as a team we overcame each and every challenge .the outcome of this was a huge success.
  1. Employee reviews