Lambton College

Lambton College Employee Reviews

I worked as a part time EarlyON Centre student and it was a very exciting and educational opportunity. Many of the tasks seemed odd at first but each one was purposeful and fun. Management was amazing, they are so understating and very flexible. A truly amazing job to have when you are a busy full-time student.
Pros
Flexible and understanding
Good place to work and improve skills. Interactive environment and competitive workers.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
Working in the Accounting Department at Lambton College was fantastic. Everyone I worked with was friendly, very helpful, and always happy. My manager, the Director of Finance, was very helpful and I enjoyed doing tasks for her, as well as the other director and financial analyst.
Pros
Flexible hours, understanding, "school-comes-first" motto
Learning environment Good teamwork Educational Nice co-workers A flexible working environment
Pros
Contacts with teachers and employers
Cons
part-time and student wages
indeeed is really good it helped me and my company was excellent and good place to work
Good people to work for while I am currently finishing my last term of school.
Pros
Lots of learning experiences
Cons
hard to work and do my schooling at the same time
Care for disabled children and look after old people who have no child Clean the street and take part in the community activities.
Pros
Free lunch
This job allowed me to work anytime and anywhere if I had some extra time and a computer. My boss would email me a large spreadsheet with instructions and requirements, and I would sort and filter all data to come up with a conclusion. This work was very flexible, though at the same time I had to manage my time so I would be able to meet deadlines.
Pros
I chose my hours
Cons
My boss didn't always have time to give me a new task
this was the first year I played hockey I didn't really get to play. the coach didn't think I was good enough but I did a raffle so the team could go to Kitchener for a weekend and maintained the gates at the Sarnia Sting games to raise money for practices
Good safe place to work for. Safety in the workplace, as well as working in a team atmosphere. Co-workers were great people.
Pros
Relaxed atmosphere
Cons
The same work everyday with not very flexible hours
A typical day at work with ICICI Bank Ltd, a customer walked into the branch who lost his debit card. He lost is wallet in which he has all his debit and credit cards and proper identification. Customer is need of money and would like to withdraw from his account. Unfortunately customer do not remember his account number. I took the initiative and helped the customer search his account number blocked all the cards and helped the customer to get some money from his account with the help of my reporting Manager. I learned that nothing is important than customer specially when we work in customer service related jobs. I should appreciate the management help. They provided me the best training and gave me time to prepare myself for the task. My co-workers also helped me in initial days as I'm a fresher(without corporate company knowledge). The hardest part of the job working 7 days a week without proper breaks. the most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with customers all the time and making them happy which ultimately makes me happy.
Pros
Promotions
Cons
Everyday I used to arrange and shelve the reviewed books thereby helping my employer to reduce her workload. I used to help her in the allotted work of printing and photocopy. I learned responsibility along with how to deal with people having disabilities. The management was perfectly carried out under the manager Tim Pierce. My co-worker Karen she was also hardworking and helpful to me. There was no such thing which I found harder to me. The enjoyable part of the job was to reach on time and do scanning of books which were missing.
Pros
Flexibility of working hours
A typical day of work involved showing up to my shift and being handed a new group of students who needed my help with their studies. While I had a few regulars, it was mostly different people every day, each with a new problem and a new set of skills to work with.
Pros
flexibe schedule and interesting people
Cons
not enough hours
-sending emails to co-workers, international student agents, students, and community.- immigration processes that apply to international students such as: Work Permits, Post Graduate Work Permits, Permanent Residency,-challenging part of my job : accommodating and meeting the different needs of the different cultures represented.-most enjoyable part of my job : meeting international students.
Pros
multicultural environment
Cons
heavy work load on limited hours
Unfortunately, Lambton College doesn't seem to see the value of good employees. They are more than willing to keep a good employee on a contract for years instead of offering them full time positions. Then, when they lose that employee, they tend to blame the employee for finding permanent, secure employment.Other than that, it is a nice place to work. They do tend to be very understanding of family commitments.
This work was completed part time at the Lambton College facilities on scheduled days to facilitate the Flint Hills Resources employees shift schedule. My superior was excellent to work for. The FHR employees were very good to work with and the best enjoyment ws seeing the employees complete the training.
Lambton College is a good school and well respected. People like to help others with any questions or concerns. I teach on line so sometimes it takes a while to follow up, present and mark student submissions but it is very enjoyable to me being able to help people learn especially about the chemical processing industry.
My timing was flexible timing as i was apart time employer at the work place and it was a campus job in the college where I studied. I t was a wonderful work place, stress free and excellent co-workers. It infact gave me a positive impact about the canadian work experiece. My job was to update the student and employer database which i throughly enjoyed and it eventually gave me a opportunity to do research in finding prospect employers. My day today job is to assist the students and staffs who walk into the busy office. I was also a part in organising the student orientation event tasks
Pros
flexible timing, stress free
Cons
nothing
Lambton College has provided me an opportunity to further advance my career goals by working part time teaching different courses. They are a good employer with a strong ties to the community
I worked as a co-op student at an OPG nuclear facility for 8 months. I was treated well by management. They put my in scenarios where I could grow and learn as an employee. My co-workers were friendly and treated me well. Benefits, vacation time, and rate of pay were al exceptional.
Give proper attention to each and every students , have excellent faculty .
  1. Employee reviews