Lambton College

Lambton College Work-life balance reviews

A great learning place to work. Working here feels productive within and growing overall. I would be happy to recommend this place to someone who is willing to work with a passionate team.
Lots of things to learn. Get an opportunity to meet lots of people including international students and staff. Everyone is very helpful in the workplace. Smooth transition for sure.
Remote work where there is a week meeting to decide tasks to do and show what you already did. Good environment and you can decide better way to work. Do not pay much but it is not too bad.
The work culture at the college is very progressive for the students if they secure a work position in the college. The management is very supportive in executing any work.
It was a challenging project. we had to figure out a lot of things but as a team we overcame each and every challenge .the outcome of this was a huge success.
i loved each and every challenge that i face d hear and teachers and the lambton team was always there to help . i learned a lot and skills that i obtained are life changing.
Salaries are well below average, almost all the teachers are immigrants, 99% of the students are from India and are not interested in studying. The students only study at the school so that they can get a visa to come to Canada and get a work permit. Many times, the classes run empty as nobody is remotely interested in coming to school to study. Management does not care about the staff or the students and only care about their revenue. Facilities are there but are done by the lowest bidder. It's ok to work for a short time to get your footing but there is no career here and the environment is not that great. Most staff leave after a year. Before it was Chinese management, now it is Indian management. There is nothing Canadian at the school.
Cons
Long hours, no support, bad pay, toxic environment
Interesting job place. Lots of experience. Daily dealings with students. Money management. Learning experience to improve technical skills, interpersonal skills. Busy workplace.
Pros
Exposure to working at the College
Cons
Long hours some days.
Great experiences overall. Amazing and rewarding learning opportunities, excellent travel experience and a safe learning environment. Would recommend highly to anyone.
Everything was awesome at Swayam . But I strongly prefered getting well settled in Canada or US. Because of that I moved here and started my career in a different zone.
Working at Lambton College has been the most inspiring work place I have ever been a part of. I enjoy my daily tasks and everyone around the office is very kind and pleasant to work with. I dread having to leave at the end of the day.
Fun hard working environment, as long as u are doing you job and not having any problems all will go well and then again even if there are problems they are very forgiving
Pros
Lenient
Cons
slow internet
Everyday that I go to work I smile. It is the fact that I work with seasoned professionals that make me smile. Everyone is there to assist you in any way that you need help. The Director - Adrian Sharma is an amazing guy who is dedicated to the students, the school, and your success.
Cons
None that I can think of
It is really nice to work with this companies and learn every day new things in life. Update and improve my self. Co-workers are good and really helpful. Also Management are really great.
opportunity to prove one self through employee reviews, freedom of ideas and rewards of travel and bonuses. Frequent workshops provided to update and improve working conditions as well as self motivation.
Pros
travel
Cons
Offers international teaching opportunities from its platform Enjoyed and appreciated foreign culture(s) Excellent infrastructure for teaching, learning, and research Flexible work structure Overall fun and collegial environment
Pros
diversity at the workplace
Cons
Job security
Good place to work and improve skills. Interactive environment and competitive workers.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
indeeed is really good it helped me and my company was excellent and good place to work
A typical day at work with ICICI Bank Ltd, a customer walked into the branch who lost his debit card. He lost is wallet in which he has all his debit and credit cards and proper identification. Customer is need of money and would like to withdraw from his account. Unfortunately customer do not remember his account number. I took the initiative and helped the customer search his account number blocked all the cards and helped the customer to get some money from his account with the help of my reporting Manager. I learned that nothing is important than customer specially when we work in customer service related jobs. I should appreciate the management help. They provided me the best training and gave me time to prepare myself for the task. My co-workers also helped me in initial days as I'm a fresher(without corporate company knowledge). The hardest part of the job working 7 days a week without proper breaks. the most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with customers all the time and making them happy which ultimately makes me happy.
Pros
Promotions
Cons
A typical day of work involved showing up to my shift and being handed a new group of students who needed my help with their studies. While I had a few regulars, it was mostly different people every day, each with a new problem and a new set of skills to work with.
Pros
flexibe schedule and interesting people
Cons
not enough hours
This work was completed part time at the Lambton College facilities on scheduled days to facilitate the Flint Hills Resources employees shift schedule. My superior was excellent to work for. The FHR employees were very good to work with and the best enjoyment ws seeing the employees complete the training.