Lambton College

Lambton College Management reviews

I worked as a part time EarlyON Centre student and it was a very exciting and educational opportunity. Many of the tasks seemed odd at first but each one was purposeful and fun. Management was amazing, they are so understating and very flexible. A truly amazing job to have when you are a busy full-time student.
Pros
Flexible and understanding
I would recommend this work place. This is the best place I have ever worked. Every department I had interactions with were professional and accommodating when I required their assistance.
Pros
Great staff and management
Cons
Full time was hard to get.
Good colleagues. Very friendly working environment. All the staff members are helpful.You will be working with the best and knowledgeable team. You will get full support from management.
Management appears to actively demoralize faculty by not providing support, distancing themselves from faculty, deliberately creating tension between faculty, and discriminating when assigning work.
Back stabbing colleagues use the knives they put in your back as a career path. Management invisible. Frightening culture of nepotism and friends in jobs that should be based on knowledge of the field operations, not on how you play golf or who’s rear end you kissed.
I have never worked at a facility that has made me this happy before. The team at Lambton College is incredible. It is an organized and credible establishment. There is always someone available to support and help you.
I have learn so much more about the subject from the professors that I work with, the school have a simple but effective management team that are really helpful
The work culture at the college is very progressive for the students if they secure a work position in the college. The management is very supportive in executing any work.
Typical day was organizing a plan for mechanical planning for 2 MTI classes of 32 students in each class I learned the students were very confused. They wanted to know field experience, so I taught them. Management was not involved with my program at all. Hiring, instruction management was very good Culture was very open and personal were very helpful Teaching non mechanical students who had no interest is hard i enjoyed teaching the students the basics of rotating and reciprocating machinery. I enjoyed teaching them the many hazards along with safe work practices I taught them the fundamentals of each piece of equipment Many of the graduate students were hired on my reccomendation
Pros
Plenty of industry support
Cons
Not enough practical (real work environment knowledge) and safety in the workplace
Salaries are well below average, almost all the teachers are immigrants, 99% of the students are from India and are not interested in studying. The students only study at the school so that they can get a visa to come to Canada and get a work permit. Many times, the classes run empty as nobody is remotely interested in coming to school to study. Management does not care about the staff or the students and only care about their revenue. Facilities are there but are done by the lowest bidder. It's ok to work for a short time to get your footing but there is no career here and the environment is not that great. Most staff leave after a year. Before it was Chinese management, now it is Indian management. There is nothing Canadian at the school.
Cons
Long hours, no support, bad pay, toxic environment
Interesting job place. Lots of experience. Daily dealings with students. Money management. Learning experience to improve technical skills, interpersonal skills. Busy workplace.
Pros
Exposure to working at the College
Cons
Long hours some days.
Worked here for 2 summers and loved it, good management, set in stone hours. Never had an issue, always had fun when I was at work, good co-workers as well.
Awesome college and management. The work environment is really nice and peaceful. Everyone is very supportive. Ready to help anytime anywhere without having any issues.
Good learning opportunity. Staff was friendly and inviting. Job was rewarding and educational. No complaints about workplace culture of management. Recommended.
It is a wonderful place to learn. Faculty is excellent and management is wonderful. People are very helpful. Up to date with the new technology. It was a wonderful experience.
Pros
it was co op and had ended
Cons
learn a lot as a student
At work i meet clients understand their needs and provide then IT solution and web designs using Wordpress content management system
A typical day starts with a new task. My collegue comes and give me a task and I have to finish the task. I learnt a lot about the programming of PLC and wiring of the components. Management is good. The hardest part of the job was the deadline. I have to finish the task before the deadline. The designing of Alarm codes was the fun part.
It is really nice to work with this companies and learn every day new things in life. Update and improve my self. Co-workers are good and really helpful. Also Management are really great.
I love to work in a team because i believe that everyone has an impact in a project. I learnt that time management is a very vital key word in every organization growth My co-workers are loving people who break the ice by telling jokes sometimes in the office. The hardest part of our jobs are having to work over time to achieve the project. The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting deadlines.
A typical day at work with ICICI Bank Ltd, a customer walked into the branch who lost his debit card. He lost is wallet in which he has all his debit and credit cards and proper identification. Customer is need of money and would like to withdraw from his account. Unfortunately customer do not remember his account number. I took the initiative and helped the customer search his account number blocked all the cards and helped the customer to get some money from his account with the help of my reporting Manager. I learned that nothing is important than customer specially when we work in customer service related jobs. I should appreciate the management help. They provided me the best training and gave me time to prepare myself for the task. My co-workers also helped me in initial days as I'm a fresher(without corporate company knowledge). The hardest part of the job working 7 days a week without proper breaks. the most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with customers all the time and making them happy which ultimately makes me happy.
Pros
Promotions
Cons
Everyday I used to arrange and shelve the reviewed books thereby helping my employer to reduce her workload. I used to help her in the allotted work of printing and photocopy. I learned responsibility along with how to deal with people having disabilities. The management was perfectly carried out under the manager Tim Pierce. My co-worker Karen she was also hardworking and helpful to me. There was no such thing which I found harder to me. The enjoyable part of the job was to reach on time and do scanning of books which were missing.
Pros
Flexibility of working hours