Lambton College

Lambton College Job security & advancement reviews

I used to work for the Cube at Lambton College with a local entrepreneur. After my contract with Lambton finished, I decided to keep working with the entrepreneur as a volunteer, because I love the job. I'll love to have a permanent job at Lambton College!
Pros
I was able to manage my schedule
Cons
Short term contract
It is a great workplace that provides an opportunity to use skills and knowledge to produce good quality product as well as gives room to enhance and learn new skills and knowledge.
Work at Lambton College has been a good experience. I really love administrative work and working in this area. I am improving my skills and getting my first Canadian work experience. The work environment is of respect and collaboration in general
Back stabbing colleagues use the knives they put in your back as a career path. Management invisible. Frightening culture of nepotism and friends in jobs that should be based on knowledge of the field operations, not on how you play golf or who’s rear end you kissed.
A great place to work in Sarnia! I only worked there when I was studying Business Marketing. They gave me flexible shifts and I never hard to miss my classes.
Lots of things to learn. Get an opportunity to meet lots of people including international students and staff. Everyone is very helpful in the workplace. Smooth transition for sure.
I taught a course for a few years, the experience was beneficial overall, good company to work with, it was freelance/part time work though so my experience isn't all encompassing
Great Place, It has allowed me to get the education that I want, while entering the workplace on my Co-op. It has given me practical and hands on knowledge.
Working at Lambton College gave me the skills that I needed to push forward in my career. Unfortunately there are only a few positions where you are a permanent employee, so they can give more opportunities to other deserving candidates.
The work culture at the college is very progressive for the students if they secure a work position in the college. The management is very supportive in executing any work.
I did the work on there with full concentration and full responsibility.However there was one problem that its too far.That's why i need to change that position.
Pros
co-operative
Cons
too-far
Nice culture and diverse place to work. I have nothing to say bad about the workplace because I worked for part-time and the work which I had is not heavy. I need to quit the job because I completed my studies so no longer am eligible to work in a campus.
i loved each and every challenge that i face d hear and teachers and the lambton team was always there to help . i learned a lot and skills that i obtained are life changing.
Salaries are well below average, almost all the teachers are immigrants, 99% of the students are from India and are not interested in studying. The students only study at the school so that they can get a visa to come to Canada and get a work permit. Many times, the classes run empty as nobody is remotely interested in coming to school to study. Management does not care about the staff or the students and only care about their revenue. Facilities are there but are done by the lowest bidder. It's ok to work for a short time to get your footing but there is no career here and the environment is not that great. Most staff leave after a year. Before it was Chinese management, now it is Indian management. There is nothing Canadian at the school.
Cons
Long hours, no support, bad pay, toxic environment
Good communication and understanding. Approachable Staff. A lot of program options and flexible in terms of offering (part time, full time, online). Would recommend.
Interesting job place. Lots of experience. Daily dealings with students. Money management. Learning experience to improve technical skills, interpersonal skills. Busy workplace.
Pros
Exposure to working at the College
Cons
Long hours some days.
It was fine working as a Student Ambassador at the Lambton College. Experienced candidates are preferred and is a good opportunity to earn volunteer experience for future jobs.
A great opportunity to learn and practice new skills along with providing my best services through assistance and mentoring, which helped the new students blend into the Canadian study culture.
Lambton College is an excellent place to gather experience in academics. It is small, but the people are fantastic. Due to the size, they are well ahead in the area of educational technology and mobile learning.
Great exposure to be working there and got a chance to sharpen the skills. Also this has given me lot of information about the outside world to increase the information level.
Good learning opportunity. Staff was friendly and inviting. Job was rewarding and educational. No complaints about workplace culture of management. Recommended.
  1. Job Security & Advancement