Lambton College

Lambton College Culture reviews

I would recommend this work place. This is the best place I have ever worked. Every department I had interactions with were professional and accommodating when I required their assistance.
Pros
Great staff and management
Cons
Full time was hard to get.
The best part if the job is the cooperation and collaboration of many different peers, which have the same interests and goals as one another. It was difficult to manage school time and don duties, but after some experience, it got easier.
Good colleagues. Very friendly working environment. All the staff members are helpful.You will be working with the best and knowledgeable team. You will get full support from management.
Back stabbing colleagues use the knives they put in your back as a career path. Management invisible. Frightening culture of nepotism and friends in jobs that should be based on knowledge of the field operations, not on how you play golf or who’s rear end you kissed.
A great learning place to work. Working here feels productive within and growing overall. I would be happy to recommend this place to someone who is willing to work with a passionate team.
Good place to work with family oriented environment. I learnt a lot from this solace team orientation, how to succeed with good pace. Friendly atmosphere gives you essence to work more productively
The work culture at the college is very progressive for the students if they secure a work position in the college. The management is very supportive in executing any work.
i enjoyed being a don at the college because i was able to help new students at residence in any way i could, the don group we had was awesome and i made many friends from it.
I enjoy going to this college, it is a friendly environment and all the facility are so nice and understanding when I needed help, always there and the counsellors are amazing as well
Pros
Lots of amazing teachers
Cons
nothing I love it
I absolutely loved working for Lambton College. It was unfortunate that it was only a short term contract. The people were great, the work was challenging but not over bearing and I loved what I was doing. I do not have any negative comment about working for Lambton College, in the Office of the President.
Nice culture and diverse place to work. I have nothing to say bad about the workplace because I worked for part-time and the work which I had is not heavy. I need to quit the job because I completed my studies so no longer am eligible to work in a campus.
Typical day was organizing a plan for mechanical planning for 2 MTI classes of 32 students in each class I learned the students were very confused. They wanted to know field experience, so I taught them. Management was not involved with my program at all. Hiring, instruction management was very good Culture was very open and personal were very helpful Teaching non mechanical students who had no interest is hard i enjoyed teaching the students the basics of rotating and reciprocating machinery. I enjoyed teaching them the many hazards along with safe work practices I taught them the fundamentals of each piece of equipment Many of the graduate students were hired on my reccomendation
Pros
Plenty of industry support
Cons
Not enough practical (real work environment knowledge) and safety in the workplace
Lambton college in Mississauga has an excellent work environment, employees are very friendly and professional. There is a lot of solidarity and empathy among the work team
very helpful and good all teachers are very intelligent in all way of programming and managing all. they guide best in you and help you to follow your steps
Worked here for 2 summers and loved it, good management, set in stone hours. Never had an issue, always had fun when I was at work, good co-workers as well.
A great opportunity to learn and practice new skills along with providing my best services through assistance and mentoring, which helped the new students blend into the Canadian study culture.
Never worked in restaurant before Worked with new foods Hardest part of job - tests Most enjoyable meeting new friends from all walks of life Everybody got along
Awesome college and management. The work environment is really nice and peaceful. Everyone is very supportive. Ready to help anytime anywhere without having any issues.
A fun and creative place to work with a great group of people that care about their work and the people they do the work for. The work can be challenging and at times the directions of what is expected is not clear enough to be able to follow correctly.
Pros
Flextime
Good learning opportunity. Staff was friendly and inviting. Job was rewarding and educational. No complaints about workplace culture of management. Recommended.
It is a wonderful place to learn. Faculty is excellent and management is wonderful. People are very helpful. Up to date with the new technology. It was a wonderful experience.
Pros
it was co op and had ended
Cons
learn a lot as a student