Lambton College

Lambton College Employee Reviews for Student Ambassador

Good support and exposure for an international student. It was so pleasured and thrilled to help the new people at college. Friendly and fun filled experience.
It was fine working as a Student Ambassador at the Lambton College. Experienced candidates are preferred and is a good opportunity to earn volunteer experience for future jobs.
A typical day at work is being at my desk looking forward to new students come in for their registration. I learnt a lot in communicating with people of different background and cultures. My colleagues were detailed and everyone maintained a welcoming atmosphere and embraced team spirit. The hardest part of the job was ensuring that you do not loose student's personal items like International passport while attending to over 600 students at the same time. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to meet the new students and meet their different needs. It reminded me of myself when I was a new student too.
Pros
Free launch, good working environment
Cons
I love to work in a team because i believe that everyone has an impact in a project. I learnt that time management is a very vital key word in every organization growth My co-workers are loving people who break the ice by telling jokes sometimes in the office. The hardest part of our jobs are having to work over time to achieve the project. The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting deadlines.
At work you have to do all the paper work. Learned many things of professional environment. Co-workers are so nice and humble.
Pros
Got valuable experience
A typical day at work with ICICI Bank Ltd, a customer walked into the branch who lost his debit card. He lost is wallet in which he has all his debit and credit cards and proper identification. Customer is need of money and would like to withdraw from his account. Unfortunately customer do not remember his account number. I took the initiative and helped the customer search his account number blocked all the cards and helped the customer to get some money from his account with the help of my reporting Manager. I learned that nothing is important than customer specially when we work in customer service related jobs. I should appreciate the management help. They provided me the best training and gave me time to prepare myself for the task. My co-workers also helped me in initial days as I'm a fresher(without corporate company knowledge). The hardest part of the job working 7 days a week without proper breaks. the most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with customers all the time and making them happy which ultimately makes me happy.
Pros
Promotions
Cons