Lambton College

Lambton College Employee Reviews in Sarnia, ON

I worked as a part time EarlyON Centre student and it was a very exciting and educational opportunity. Many of the tasks seemed odd at first but each one was purposeful and fun. Management was amazing, they are so understating and very flexible. A truly amazing job to have when you are a busy full-time student.
Pros
Flexible and understanding
Good support and exposure for an international student. It was so pleasured and thrilled to help the new people at college. Friendly and fun filled experience.
I would recommend this work place. This is the best place I have ever worked. Every department I had interactions with were professional and accommodating when I required their assistance.
Pros
Great staff and management
Cons
Full time was hard to get.
I used to work for the Cube at Lambton College with a local entrepreneur. After my contract with Lambton finished, I decided to keep working with the entrepreneur as a volunteer, because I love the job. I'll love to have a permanent job at Lambton College!
Pros
I was able to manage my schedule
Cons
Short term contract
It is a great workplace that provides an opportunity to use skills and knowledge to produce good quality product as well as gives room to enhance and learn new skills and knowledge.
Work at Lambton College has been a good experience. I really love administrative work and working in this area. I am improving my skills and getting my first Canadian work experience. The work environment is of respect and collaboration in general
Management appears to actively demoralize faculty by not providing support, distancing themselves from faculty, deliberately creating tension between faculty, and discriminating when assigning work.
Back stabbing colleagues use the knives they put in your back as a career path. Management invisible. Frightening culture of nepotism and friends in jobs that should be based on knowledge of the field operations, not on how you play golf or who’s rear end you kissed.
A great place to work in Sarnia! I only worked there when I was studying Business Marketing. They gave me flexible shifts and I never hard to miss my classes.
Lots of things to learn. Get an opportunity to meet lots of people including international students and staff. Everyone is very helpful in the workplace. Smooth transition for sure.
Lambton college has furthered my knowledge in human trafficking, providing me with many opportunities to be involved with the community. I am strengthening my communication skills and professional skills with other people.
Pros
Adaptable
Cons
Short hours, distance
Lambton College as an employer is wonderful. They treat their employees with respect and consideration and work with the employee as a member of a team.
Great Place, It has allowed me to get the education that I want, while entering the workplace on my Co-op. It has given me practical and hands on knowledge.
Tutoring fellow students helped me retain the information I had learned in class. Working for the college was enjoyable. As a student and an employee, my supervisors were willing to schedule around my classes and personal study times.
Pros
excellent review for myself to retain what I had learned
Cons
limited hours as student employee
Managed the front desk of the athletics department. Helped set up for intramural sports and for varsity sporting events. Cleaned up weights in weight room and gym area.
Pros
Short Shifts
Cons
Sometimes have to stay late
Working at Lambton College gave me the skills that I needed to push forward in my career. Unfortunately there are only a few positions where you are a permanent employee, so they can give more opportunities to other deserving candidates.
i enjoyed being a don at the college because i was able to help new students at residence in any way i could, the don group we had was awesome and i made many friends from it.
this was a completely awesome position i completed preventative maintenance on the equipment and helped withe grounds keeping which involved grass cutting and landscaping.
I enjoy going to this college, it is a friendly environment and all the facility are so nice and understanding when I needed help, always there and the counsellors are amazing as well
Pros
Lots of amazing teachers
Cons
nothing I love it
I did the work on there with full concentration and full responsibility.However there was one problem that its too far.That's why i need to change that position.
Pros
co-operative
Cons
too-far
I absolutely loved working for Lambton College. It was unfortunate that it was only a short term contract. The people were great, the work was challenging but not over bearing and I loved what I was doing. I do not have any negative comment about working for Lambton College, in the Office of the President.