Lambton College

Lambton College Employee Reviews

Canada127 reviews

If you are looking for a teaching job, this place is the cream of the crop

I understand that a lot of companies have people create reviews for them. I know this because I and others did very bad reviews for a previous college and they just kept having someone to good reviews. This is not one of those reviews. This college is extremely well run and managed. I know this because I teach management and I have had my own business previously. This place is fantastic. It's not perfect, and trust me, that you will not find it anywhere. However, this is about a close to perfect that you will get.Let's start with the executive management. They do what executives should be doing, that is strategic management and not trying to meddle in the work of the teachers. They really do focus on the future and navigate the direction of the college. The managers, however, provide direction, feedback, and support to the teachers. The other teachers provide amazing support to each other.Honestly, I love working here. Even in the online environment, I look forward to my job. The hardest part of the job right now is making connections with the students in an online environment.If you are looking for a job whether it be teaching or otherwise, this is a place you should consider, I have been working my whole life, and this is one of the best environments I have worked in.

Pros

Strong support from management

Cons

Pay could be higher, but then it always could be higher

My coworkers were the best part of my job

The worst part of this job is that 80% of faculty members are on contract, meaning you get your in-class hours paid and that’s it. They claim that your salary is meant to account for time spent on lesson prep, student communication, and grading, and at first the wage looks amazing, but the amount I worked outside of class, when I was not paid, made the final hourly pay about minimum wage. If you really love your field, and it’s a field that is relevant to a program offered rather than a core requisite, it might be good for you.

Pros

Great coworkers, you can work in your field (ideally)

Cons

Long hours for pay based on unrealistic work standards, demanding students, tons of plagiarizing students, most people are doing contract work with no information regarding renewal, and no ownership of intellectual property.

Insights into Lambton College

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Supportive environment
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Sense of belonging

Avoid if possible

Highly unethical staff and management with little to no industry experience. They are not running an education institution to enhance the learning for students but a cash cow to cut costs and exploit exorbitant amounts of funds from international students.

Pros

None.

Cons

Political hiring and retention that are not based on merit.

Great atmosphere

Great job. Easy hours. Lots of support and great coworkers. Definitely sad job demand dried up. Would return in a heart beat. Days are filled with variety.

Pros

Too many to list

Cons

Paid as a student which is very little.

Good

Good workculture, nice people and positive impact on students. Totally love the staff who help the instructors over and beyond. Great work by the college

Excellent and Flexible

I worked as a part time EarlyON Centre student and it was a very exciting and educational opportunity. Many of the tasks seemed odd at first but each one was purposeful and fun. Management was amazing, they are so understating and very flexible. A truly amazing job to have when you are a busy full-time student.

Pros

Flexible and understanding

Good support and exposure for an international student. It was so pleasured and thrilled to help the new people at college. Friendly and fun filled experience.

Great place to work. I would work there again because staff and faculty are very easy to get along with.

I would recommend this work place. This is the best place I have ever worked. Every department I had interactions with were professional and accommodating when I required their assistance.

Pros

Great staff and management

Cons

Full time was hard to get.

Productive and collaborative environment

I used to work for the Cube at Lambton College with a local entrepreneur. After my contract with Lambton finished, I decided to keep working with the entrepreneur as a volunteer, because I love the job. I'll love to have a permanent job at Lambton College!

Pros

I was able to manage my schedule

Cons

Short term contract

Productive workplace

It is a great workplace that provides an opportunity to use skills and knowledge to produce good quality product as well as gives room to enhance and learn new skills and knowledge.

fun place to work at

Its was hard to get everything done in the allotted period of time. hectic yet enjoyable. maintaining class order and providing tutoring was the best part of the job.

A space to learn and improve your skills

Work at Lambton College has been a good experience. I really love administrative work and working in this area. I am improving my skills and getting my first Canadian work experience. The work environment is of respect and collaboration in general

A good place to work with collaborative and helpful people. Everyone is friendly and nice and the workplace is fast-paced but fun to work here. Salary is avg

Fun work place, great experience

The best part if the job is the cooperation and collaboration of many different peers, which have the same interests and goals as one another. It was difficult to manage school time and don duties, but after some experience, it got easier.

Good colleagues. Very friendly working environment. All the staff members are helpful.You will be working with the best and knowledgeable team. You will get full support from management.

Poor management lead to caustic work environment

Management appears to actively demoralize faculty by not providing support, distancing themselves from faculty, deliberately creating tension between faculty, and discriminating when assigning work.

Collaborative and Fun Learning Environment

I have never worked at a facility that has made me this happy before. The team at Lambton College is incredible. It is an organized and credible establishment. There is always someone available to support and help you.

Great place to work and make a difference

A great place to work in Sarnia! I only worked there when I was studying Business Marketing. They gave me flexible shifts and I never hard to miss my classes.

fun and challenging at the same time

I have learn so much more about the subject from the professors that I work with, the school have a simple but effective management team that are really helpful

Productive place to work, learn and build relationship

Lambton College creates the best opportunity to networking, there are always networking sessions on site you can participate in, while meeting people from all over the globe

A great learning place to work. Working here feels productive within and growing overall. I would be happy to recommend this place to someone who is willing to work with a passionate team.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lambton College. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement