Lakeside Produce

Lakeside Produce Employee Reviews

Canada38 reviews
Good place
Felt bad I had to leave but had an offer I couldn’t refuse. The staff were knowledgeable and worked well together. it’s is a very team oriented dance through some difficult and time sensitive situations
some really good people
Not much room for advancement, unless you are well liked. A lot of office politics, employees are shown favoritism. Salary doesn't match work that is required of an employee
productive and great learning expierience
while working at lakeside produce i got to learn skills and expierence new traits from this job and it has brought alot more to the table for myslef
Best Career Move I have ever Made
I was coming from a completely different career to the position I currently hold here at Lakeside. I was extremely nervous on my first day, Management truly takes care of their workers. I am so thankful that I decided to join the Lakeside Family. I get up everyday excited to go to work, how many people can say that. Amazing company.
SO HAPPY I MADE THIS DECISION for MYSELF and MY FAMILY
I learned that I have to use a recycling machine
I learned that I have to behave and also becarfull at work and be safe,also no phone s only at the break time and also be on time also Show respect to others.and work faster
Look elsewhere
Not a good place to work. Look at all the jobs they are hiring for. It’s not because of people retiring. It’s a constant revolving door and people are getting fired all the time! This is not a company that is long term! Look elsewhere if you want to work for a company for a long time. Owner and COO do not care about people, you are just an object and once no longer needed. Your gone. Leave while you can like I did
General labour
Awe full place to work no appreciation for employees what so ever just work work work nothing for Christmas awful management unfair treatment of employment favouritism.
Benefits
Cons
Bad hours
Productive company and many incentive programs.
Lakeside was a great place to work I would still be there but they cut out contractors that's why I went to Pure Hot. I want to be a regular worker not a contractor. The management was great they have many incentive programs.
Pros
Great managment team, friendly and always willing to help.
Cons
Being a contractor i was not able to be in the incentive programs. but I understand that.
Awesome place to work
I work here for last 2 years in Lakeside, I saw people growing faster than anywhere. The best thing is they let you do mistakes and they help you to grow. Yes in time some low performers left however that is normal

Very good new management and great colleges. It does not feel like work. Lot changed in last few years I heard.

Great place to work.
Pros
Best place to work!
Cons
None at this point.
Best Career change I could have made
I came to work for Lakeside Produce a few months ago, and I admit I was very apprehensive. I came from a career that was completely different from the position I accepted with Lakeside.I wasn't sure how patient they would be in training me or understanding that I wasn't familiar with the business at all. Nicholas the recruiter was so kind and welcoming from the very beginning. They are a great company to work for, everyone has been so helpful and willing to help train. Management truly takes care of their workers. I am so thankful for the Lakeside Family I have made. I no longer wake up dreading going to work. Amazing company through and through.
Productive and fun workplace
I loved working here cause employers were really nice and i never has an issue with any body at all. this is a place i would recommend any one to work !
friendly work environment
was a good mindless job with little responsibility. easy to leave work at work. working grading vegetables. was cold as the vegetables had to be kept fresh. Cleanliness and health and safety were of utmost importance. worked with many migrant workers so was able to learn other cultures.
Pros
was easy to leave work at work
Cons
low pay
productive and well managed
very organized and functioned well with the employees. was easy to locate where stations were and had very nice and easy to talk to managers. had great training available.
This place is terrible
When I worked here, the place was run very poorly, management doesn't care about your well being. They expect you to work hard, do other peoples job, do a job you're under paid for, and just take their abuse.
Amazing people around there.
Seems very professional place.People in the hiring team and management were very easy to approach and well paying company.
Met the teams around .were very friendly and seemed happy.Lot of thing changed in the recent past and for good .My friend works there and was thinking about to quit 3 months back ,but he changed his views,he says he is very happy currently which made me apply for the job.
Pros
Team around, management
Cons
none - all seems to be in place slowly
Amazing people around there.

Thanks
Pros
Team around, management
Cons
none - all seems to be in place slowly
good atmosphere too work
every day I love to work at that place. because all the employees are cooperative and helpful , the main thing over there was they give shift very well when I started but now I am not getting any shift so I am in need of this job the most.
Pros
good cafeteria
Cons
less hours
Excellant place to work!
The company changed so much! I work here as a worker on floor. New management is very good. They now give benefits! Very good! Steady hours!
Thank you!
Pros
Everything!
Cons
None!
Excellent
Perfect company with a good management .... good environment good pay with fully paid benefits...can lean and grow with supportive co-workers and management
This is a good company!
I am working there as general labour/team leader, and I feel good working there. New HR Manager came, and we can see that she is trying hard. New HR team is also good. I like my job because the floor is better since last few week. I thought I will share that with word.
Pros
Lots of hours
Cons
At this moment none
Awesome work enviroment
Love coming here everyday. The people here are great, and its easy to get along with everyone. The work is fast paced and demanding, but so is every other produce industry.
Pros
The people
Cons
Cold Enviroment