Lakeside Process Controls Ltd.

Lakeside Process Controls Ltd. Employee Reviews

Canada20 reviews
Fun place to work
At lakeside, they work hard and play hard.
Very few companies these days give back to their employee's, Lakeside does - massage day's - breakfast weeks etc... the little things count and promotes a team atmosphere and productivity.

If you are not in sales and pulling in a million dollar contract, you are not congratulated\recognized on a job well done.
Accounts Receivable and parts of Accounts Payable.
I was mainly in charge of daily invoicing for all of LPC companies. My job focus was on accuracy of invoices and issuing & distributing them in timely fashion.
In charge of processing credit card payments, issuing credits, performing inventory counts for our 3 locations on monthly basis. Making inventory adjustments and avg. cost adjustments.

I also had involvement in collections, bank deposits, posting cash receipts.
Sales role
Typical technical inside sales role
RFQ review

Support on technical queries

Help with troubleshooting on products

Trade shows and Customer engagement

Clock punching

Horrible place to work

Toxic environment

Little growth opportunity
Be careful. Working unpaid overtime is the norm here.
Your family and relationships will suffer. If you're an immigrant or visa worker, the work place culture will have you thinking you're not good enough. Your self-esteem will suffer. And you'll end up putting in unpaid work hours to justify your existence in the company.

People here work with anxiety, afraid to be let-go at anytime creating a toxic competitive work culture where everyone is competing against each other to prove they are smarter instead of competing together towards a common goal.

Leaders over promise with limited resources, then point fingers, make excuses, instead of being accountable for team failures.

This is not a company you'd wanna work for unless you are desperate for work - which is what makes up the bulk of the staff. A team full of anxious people who don't enjoy their work, too desperate to quit or too afraid to be fired, undervalued, and overworked.
Good Culture
Lakeside is a good company to work for if you are an engineer or in the technical field. However, the entry level positions could use more attentions. Entry level positions could be restructured in their title job description to match what they are actually doing for the company. This would help moral. Management should also re-think their day's schedule as employees end up staying a whole hour to compensate for an hour lunch on top of the fact that employees cannot choose their lunch hours.
Pros
Lots of events and lunch and learns
Cons
More attention to entry level positions
Great people but very high workload
The people were great to work with and were always happy to clarify any questions that I had. However, everyone was always very busy due to the high workload.
Pros
Lunch and Learns
good place to work with
using Trello to keep track my open up this job box, all the information regards this project was already assigned by a tracker number and a brief description. Open up the tracker number folder, checked out what was the projected all about, a district station, table top station, etc, normally the engineer already advised which previous project that we can copied and make changes according to his /her makeup files, I used Solidworks pack to goes program and copied the existing project model to a pre-assigned drawing folder. There I will make changes to Flanges, rotary meter size etc, we run the routing program for all piping weldments. After finished the assignments, we make PDF files and these files are store in Trello for the engineer review, Normal it takes one to one and a half to finished one project.
I also sent an e-mail to inform the engineer that I have finished the task, they normal sent a thanks note or requested a rev the drawing to 0, they will forward the drawing to customer.
Cons
the hours is 8 hours a day
Fun work environment, highly collaborative workplace
I had a great time in the company. Good company culture, a lot of lunch and learns, HR is very good and accommodating, very supportive of employees' needs
Ok place to work..
Always make the sale even if it isn’t your job, most of the people are good but the company is just so so to bad because the do sell industry leading products. Your either moving up or moving out..
Pros
12 days off..
Cons
Always trying to upsell, even if sales isn’t your job..
Beware, company not what they portray themselves to be
Personal factor is what your bonus based on along with a company factor, however, you will only get a high personal factor if you are friends with management and HR, favouritism comes into play. It doesn't matter how many extra unpaid hours you put in or how much you assist coworkers it doesn't make a difference if you aren't one of the favourites. They will also find an excuse to justify the personal factor like a coworker complained months ago that they didn't like your tone of voice and that is all they need. The company factor is also part of the bonus and it doesn't change much at all, you are always told that they need more out of the business for the next quarter.
People let go on the most part are hard workers but have usually said or not done something to curtail to LPC, like not attending all of the many unpaid meetings that they hold over your unpaid lunch hour.

No respect for hardworking employees.

Employees pay for the Presidents and top managers mismanagement.

Have to give up one weekend a year to attend a company conference (unpaid) for 2 nights to listen to them tell you how good the company is, what needs to be done to stay there and meet targets, and to pat themselves on the back.

Two weeks later you are basically told the same thing again at the quarterly meeting, again held during your unpaid lunch.

The project coordinators basically take the Information you provide them with to present at a meeting with the AE's as long as it is good news, if bad news then they throw the CSR under the bus.

Management is unapproachable, definitely not an open door
 - more...
Pros
12 personal days
Very productive workplace with a fun atmosphere. You were never left out.
Lakeside is an amazing company to work for when you are a little more older. The culture was great taking into account both physical mental health. The activities were great and I am sure I would fit in, in another 5 years..
Pros
Free lunches (1 hr), extracurricular activities, amazing benefits
Cons
As much as the people were great, recognition was not given where due.
Not worth it
I do not wish to write a review for this company as I feel like things to to be changed but the company doesn't care about there employees
Pros
Not many
Cons
Amazing people work at this company. The atmosphere is very family oriented
On a typical day at work I perform a variety of activities related to my responsibilities at Lakeside.
As a team lead, I manage 5 application engineers who work together with me to ensure customer satisfaction and professionalism at the work place.

As an active member of the application engineering team I am involved in providing customers with technical support as well as logistic coordination of shipments, manufacturing coordination and site support.

The most enjoyable part of my daily job is the team engagements both with internal members of the team as well as my customers.

Within the team, I bring a sense of order and family atmosphere between members. With my customers i bring value and satisfaction from the time and effort i put into my job.
Pros
Team Atmosphere
Cons
Long Hours
Great work environment great employer weak management in most sectors
Typical day was coming in assessing work load and evaluating priority projects to get done and working to fulfill orders as requested.

Learned a great deal about the natural gas industry as well as a large amount of general information on valves regulators and actuators.

My management was excellent well informed and helpful. However most other departments were suffering due to lack of competent leadership.

Great co-op workers zero complaints about 90% of the employees there.

Worst part of my work day was the drive home through Toronto traffic.

Best part of that job was working on large scale projects and having a task to work towards.
Pros
Free Lunches good benefits ample time off
na
Great Environment, and great people to work with. Typical day at Lakeside controls include internal system verification, onsite start-up assistance, installations and commissioning of control systems
nice
great company, great culture, manger is friendly and supportive, he brought me a great view of my career path.
Pros
good culture
Cons
salary lower than average
nice work place
response for providing project automation solution to coustomer
nice working environment
you got very friendly people here, mostly engineers working in the company, co-workers are supportive, company culture is good!
fun place to work, learned a lot
Lakeside management is very friendly and helpful, everyone is always ready to help around there. It was an amazing place to work
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lakeside Process Controls Ltd.. Our community is ready to answer.
2.7