Lakeside Process Controls Ltd. Employee Reviews

Ok place to work..
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB24 November 2017
Always make the sale even if it isn’t your job, most of the people are good but the company is just so so to bad because the do sell industry leading products. Your either moving up or moving out..
Pros
12 days off..
Cons
Always trying to upsell, even if sales isn’t your job..
Beware, company not what they portray themselves to be
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON1 March 2017
Personal factor is what your bonus based on along with a company factor, however, you will only get a high personal factor if you are friends with management and HR, favouritism comes into play. It doesn't matter how many extra unpaid hours you put in or how much you assist coworkers it doesn't make a difference if you aren't one of the favourites. They will also find an excuse to justify the personal factor like a coworker complained months ago that they didn't like your tone of voice and that is all they need. The company factor is also part of the bonus and it doesn't change much at all, you are always told that they need more out of the business for the next quarter.
People let go on the most part are hard workers but have usually said or not done something to curtail to LPC, like not attending all of the many unpaid meetings that they hold over your unpaid lunch hour.
No respect for hardworking employees.
Employees pay for the Presidents and top managers mismanagement.
Have to give up one weekend a year to attend a company conference (unpaid) for 2 nights to listen to them tell you how good the company is, what needs to be done to stay there and meet targets, and to pat themselves on the back.
Two weeks later you are basically told the same thing again at the quarterly meeting, again held during your unpaid lunch.
The project coordinators basically take the Information you provide them with to present at a meeting with the AE's as long as it is good news, if bad news then they throw the CSR under the bus.
Management is unapproachable, definitely not an open door
  more... policy. They don't practice what they preach

Replace the president and all top management, it is due to all their mismanagement that the company is having issues.
Get rid of the employees who are protected by management.
Extremely mismanaged company.
Pros
12 personal days
Very productive workplace with a fun atmosphere. You were never left out.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON27 January 2017
Lakeside is an amazing company to work for when you are a little more older. The culture was great taking into account both physical mental health. The activities were great and I am sure I would fit in, in another 5 years..
Pros
Free lunches (1 hr), extracurricular activities, amazing benefits
Cons
As much as the people were great, recognition was not given where due.
Not worth it
Gas Technician (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 September 2016
I do not wish to write a review for this company as I feel like things to to be changed but the company doesn't care about there employees
Pros
Not many
Cons
Amazing people work at this company. The atmosphere is very family oriented
Application Engineer (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON31 May 2016
On a typical day at work I perform a variety of activities related to my responsibilities at Lakeside.
As a team lead, I manage 5 application engineers who work together with me to ensure customer satisfaction and professionalism at the work place.
As an active member of the application engineering team I am involved in providing customers with technical support as well as logistic coordination of shipments, manufacturing coordination and site support.
The most enjoyable part of my daily job is the team engagements both with internal members of the team as well as my customers.
Within the team, I bring a sense of order and family atmosphere between members. With my customers i bring value and satisfaction from the time and effort i put into my job.
Pros
Team Atmosphere
Cons
Long Hours
Great work environment great employer weak management in most sectors
Assembly Technician (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON10 February 2016
Typical day was coming in assessing work load and evaluating priority projects to get done and working to fulfill orders as requested.

Learned a great deal about the natural gas industry as well as a large amount of general information on valves regulators and actuators.

My management was excellent well informed and helpful. However most other departments were suffering due to lack of competent leadership.

Great co-op workers zero complaints about 90% of the employees there.

Worst part of my work day was the drive home through Toronto traffic.

Best part of that job was working on large scale projects and having a task to work towards.
Pros
Free Lunches good benefits ample time off
na
Control System Engineer-DCS Configuration (Co-Op) (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON18 October 2014
Great Environment, and great people to work with. Typical day at Lakeside controls include internal system verification, onsite start-up assistance, installations and commissioning of control systems
nice
Project Automation Engineer (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON25 March 2014
great company, great culture, manger is friendly and supportive, he brought me a great view of my career path.
Pros
good culture
Cons
salary lower than average
nice work place
Project Automation Solution (Former Employee) –  mississauga13 February 2014
response for providing project automation solution to coustomer
nice working environment
Inside Sales Support (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON23 March 2013
you got very friendly people here, mostly engineers working in the company, co-workers are supportive, company culture is good!
fun place to work, learned a lot
IT Technical Analyst (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON22 February 2013
Lakeside management is very friendly and helpful, everyone is always ready to help around there. It was an amazing place to work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lakeside Process Controls Ltd.. Our community is ready to answer.

Lakeside Process Controls Ltd. Reviews by Location