Lakeridge Health

Lakeridge Health Employee Reviews

Amazing place to work!! Very flexible and it’s scheduling and ability to switch shifts with co-workers if needed . Part timers get paid lieu benefits on top of their regular pay
Pros
Lots of shifts available
Cons
Working nights
Worked in the HR department for a high school co-op placement and really enjoyed myself. A typical day consisted of doing paperwork and filing and learning about the hospital and how unions work. My supervisors were great and all very kind ladies. I really enjoyed the responsibility and the environment.
Pros
great supervisors
Cons
lots of paperwork
I do not think I should have to rate my current work place on this site. good pay like the people I work with learn new things everyday most people work as a team
Pros
pay
Cons
shift work
Working as a student at this hospital was an amazing experience. Every week I was able to practice a new skill and learn great tips and information from the other nurses on the floor. I learned time management skills and developed my skills as a nursing student,
This position gave me vast experience with dealing with different crowds and understanding the different perspectives on how parents view antibiotics.
Through the time I spent at Lakeridge I learned a lot about data entry and E-learning modules, survey monkey and a lot of team building skills. A typical day there was very communicative between all of the teams members of the Organizational department and myself to take care of tasks that would need to be finished by the end of the week.
Pros
Extremely friendly people
Cons
Only had two days of the week there
As a student, my 10 weeks with Lakeridge Health was very beneficial. I learned a great deal and am now, more than ever, excited to start a career as a nurse.
This is a good place to work with opportunities for advancement. Very busy atmosphere but worth it. Great if you like shift work but not if you expect a day job.
Pros
excellent salary and benefits, plus a pension plan
Cons
not enough days off in a row
come in worker sick not replaced have to do same amount of work for less Manager was never in department covers many areas and always at meetings would not even drop in to say hi
Lakeridge Health has a great team environment with great daily communications. They are also wonderful about offering many lunch & learns with very interesting and useful topics!
definitely fast paced and hard work but great team work. Its is usually pretty easy to make trades and request certain days off except during the holiday season.
Great place to work. Good experience. Use of many skills learned in school. Shift work. Good pay. Job is very busy but rewarding.
My placement at Lakeridge Health was truly a learning experience in every way. It's a joy to serve in such a community caring organisation.
Worked with acute and rehab stroke patients. I enjoyed the health care team that I worked with, made a ruff day much easier. loved working with clients and assisting in rehabilitation process.
Very busy on a daily basis. Infection prevention and control always in force, hand washing is key. A smile goes a long way when portering patients or delivering meal trays. MRSA is not a bodybuilding competitor ( Mr SA). It is okay to have a sense of humour when working in a hospital. Monthly staff meetings would go along way in keeping staff informed as well as management. hardest part of my job was not feeling appreciated no matter how hard I worked.
Pros
Making a difference without a microscope
Cons
No worklife personal life balance
- Day at Lake ridge is not that stressful because the workload is equally divided among-st the staff.Staring from rounds, checking every minute details of the patients, thereby conducting the session and lasting charting. - I learnt variety of stuffs from approaching the patient, convincing them for treatment, handling the treatment, gathering respective equipment's and adjusting according to the patient and finally closing the treatment session. - Management is very organized and systematic, as they have in depth knowledge about the condition (disease) and the current patient status. They are immediately present when given a call by the patient using a call bell. - My co-workers are very motivating and believe in sharing their knowledge and guide me through each situation. They are easily available and do collaborate with me to achieve the goals. - Hardest part of job is to convince patients for treatment(Sometimes they are aggressive) and manage patients with IV poles. - The most enjoyable part of job is on completion of treatment session, when the patient's condition is improving and when they and their family appreciate and thank us with their blessings, I feel satisfied, when the patient smiles and is happy, I feel that my motto of serving the humanitarian is getting fulfilled. My morale is further boosted and i work even better with more energy and perseverance.
On par with expectations for the industry and work expected. Management is innovative and looking towards bettering work flow and efficiency.
In my opinion of a typical day at Lakeridge, very fast past and busy. I've learned the challenges, Nurses, Doctors and hospital staff face every day. The management did not spend much time on the floor but treated us fairly and with respect. Co-workers were very helpful and had a good work ethic. The hardest part of the job was not being able to get a full-time position. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping patients through their experience in the Hospital.
Pros
Predictable hours and work schedual
Cons
Under staffed
It was an exciting opportunity and a great privilege to help my co-workers create posters for events, printing, emailing, scanning, photocopying, data entry; verifying documents, attending training programs; assisting with organizing events. The best part was meeting and helping different types of disciples and clients at the hospital's events. Co-workers were very helpful, professional, friendly, demonstrated great work ethics; which helped me further strengthened my customer skills. Great place to work.
Pros
sitting-in at training sessions and educational programs
Cons
short term for me
Provides training of customer service. Provides well understanding of how to work in busy enviornments and trains/provides you with the knowledge of how to provide intensive and exceptional customer service in retail, food, or other services.
This place is terrible to work at. If your young and have ideas this is not the place for you. You will be labelled as an outsider and will be deterred from sharing your ideas. The old guard will never let change happen. You will be micro managed and if you don't do it their way you will be reminded how inept you are. Management also has its favorites and if your not one of them Goodluck. Now I'm speaking only on the administration side of things, I'm sure other areas are fine.
Benefits
Cons
Culture and management
  1. Employee reviews