Lakeridge Health logo
Lakeridge Health

Lakeridge Health Employee Reviews

Work-life balance

Stressful work

Work is very flexible due to work from home and manager is very considerate. So many shift being offered to part time, casual. Need to be flexible to get a shift and you need to be multi task to finish your work on time.

Pros

Work from home

Cons

stressful work

Cute and Adorable

Once a month expecting mother and their children come to a program where we teach the expecting big brother and sister's how to properly hold and care for the babies with the help of the toy brought along with them. We strive to remove the jealousy that some children may have towards the baby sibling by showing them how to learn from this experience. Once the teaching aspect of the day is done I take the parents and the children and I give them a tour of the birthing suites and the maternity wing.

Helpful and kind

On weekdays it really busy but when the weekend rolls around it become less packed with customers. I learned how to balance the float and the deposit and how to correctly open and close the Gift shop, the supervisors are very supportive and are very flexible on schedule changes.The Hardest thing that one will encounter in working at the Gift shop is lack of inventory that it sometimes has. But it all fine because you get to put smiles on faces.

I had an awesome experience.

Great place for clinical rotations, everyone was helpful. The hardest part was trying to juggle everything. The best part was helping clients. I learned patience. I tried to do the best that I could while practising within my role as a student.

Pros

accessibility

Cons

Very fun and reliable place.

Productive and fun workplace. Always was put in a good mood by customers and co workers. There was never a day I was let down and had nothing to do.

Pros

Good hours

Great place to start off

Did an internship here and it was a great place to learn but lacked culture. I learned a lot from my superiors but there wasn't a position to be secured at the end as my department was very small and not expanding.

Lakeridge is a good place to work

I have enjoyed working at Lakeridge Health, have met a lot of nice and interesting people who I have worked with over the years. My typical day is cleaning the patient rooms and having a very nice chat and laugh sometimes with the patients and visitors.

Pros

interacting with patients and visitors

Great job.

I started working at Lakeridge Health a year after high school. The job its self is simple and the people of lakeridge health are great. The pay is competitive and there are lots of room for advancement through departments. Lake ridge also offers flexible schedules for students going to school and infant encourages it. This is an excellent place to work as it is unionized and includes a pension and benefits.

Great workplace environment

It was a field placement. Enjoyed working with ladies, filed and did basic office jobs. Hardest part of the job was adjusting to working with other people. Enjoyed filing and trying new things

Pros

Nice co-workers

Cons

not payed

My home hospital

I have worked for Lakeridge Health Corp. since graduating in 2010. This hospital is where I was born, grew up, completed my placements and now work for. I have worked in many areas throughout the hospital.

Pros

large corporation, full time available

Cons

No days only schedules.

Jobs at Lakeridge Health

See more jobs

Hosptial

Great seting Comfortable My position is to ensure patients are not exit seeking and able to redirect patient in good sense. I ensure I assit with the nurses

Pros

Great position

Cons

Have to work all shifts

Great Place to work.

Lakeridge is a wonderful place to work. The allied health team is super friendly and supportive. It's a team environment and people often work together to get the job done quickly and efficiently.

Some of the dept heads were above reproach.

From the time I first went to work at Oshawa General it was a great place to work. We had benefits and the workplace safety was second to none. We were proactive with patient safety and workplace ethics. Over the years it brought changes. Staff were laid off and not replaced, therefore making our workload very heavy. Nursing didn’t seem what it use to be. The standards of the hospital seem to be compromised. There was more stress. Certainly changes were needed and we had to grow but it seemed some things that were important were not a priority.

Pros

Close to home

Cons

Parking left a lot to be desired

Excellent

I am working full time at Lakeridge and enjoy working here. I love being a nurse and enjoy a rewarding career. I would encourage further education in nursing.

Fun and exciting

I liked volunteering at Lakeridge hospital alot. I learned lots about working with seniors as i was in the recreation therapy unit at Lakeridge Whitby.

Pros

Playing games with patients, convient hours

Cons

sometimes dont have stuff to do

Great

I gained a lot of independence in this job because I was mainly working the project along but they were always willing to provide support when it was needed

Great Volunteer Expirience

Great opportunity for students looking to get their volunteer hours. Gives people the opportunity to experience the hospital setting if that's the field they want to get into.

Avoid the ER

The ER is ruled by people who exhibit a Grade 9 mentality. Cliques and bullying are prevalent. Unit managers try their best but the number of managers the ER has had in the last 10 years is evidence of the toll it takes on them.

Pros

Benefits are OK

Cons

Poor workplace morale, lack of Staff Educator and continuing education opertunities.

Many great learning experiences while working there.

I worked full time in the acute care psychiatry unit for many years. I had many positive learning experiences. This is where I found my true passion for mental health and addictions.

Pros

Great learning opportunities

Cons

frequently short staffed

Love it! You get to talk to patients and work with them. Flexible hours. The other volunteers are super nice and approachable. You get to pick your placements.

Great cafeteria to relax during break

it was an awesome experience where i learned how to be assertive with my geriatric patients, in order to provide direct instructions for the patients to follow. it is an amazing time also working with the staff members who were of great help.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lakeridge Health. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.3