Lakeridge Health

Lakeridge Health Employee Reviews

Amazing place to work!! Very flexible and it’s scheduling and ability to switch shifts with co-workers if needed . Part timers get paid lieu benefits on top of their regular pay
Pros
Lots of shifts available
Cons
Working nights
The staff at Bowmanville are amazing especially when it comes to students that come in during placement time, I had nothing but a great experience with this hospital
Pros
Staff
have to be able to work night shifts 11-7. consists of paperwork and processing patients files. have to be able to interact with patients on a daily basis.
I worked in several areas as a secretary, admin. Worked in ER, Neonatal, Cardiac Care Unit, and ICU. Loved working with people and setting up of a new program (Neonatal)
Good and safe place to work, unionized environment, offers ongoing training and promotes education. Involved with local teaching facilities, +++ students, good benefits and pension plan. Would recommend to anybody, especially new grads.
over staffed with middle management and upper management give jobs to unqualified nurses because they are friends with management or are modified don't give equal opportunities to RN's unless your a buddy of a manager. pluck Rn's in middle management positions without qualification or proper skills to do job, must be buddy buddy with a current manager to get position. Don't promote nursing with degree, just say your going to get degree and your hired Also don't like to follow collective agreements, give seminars to management on how to not follow collective agreements and like to force employees to file union grievances and "take their chances that it will get dropped by employee. They also like to humiliate employees that have to use union !!!!
Pros
good pension only if your full time
Cons
promote wrong people to good positions cause they know someone in that department
very nice place to do volunteer for school or just in general the enviroment is clean and everyone is nice. also its a very busy place and one can get alot of experience if they wanna go int a medical field
Very busy place, stressful at times. Just no chance to grow within the company. New staff all the time, and to many managers trying to do the same job.
On a regular day I work 12 hours usually. Take patient's vitals, administer medications, transfer patients and assist with toileting etc. Depending on the patient I sometimes monitor IV infusions, catheters, oxygen, feeding tubes, drains, wound care etc.
I spend about 5 years working for this company. I really liked all my coworkers. There was a lot of opportunity for growth depending on what your job was.
Pros
Friendly staff and management
Cons
hard to get full time work
Great place to work. Flexibility for hours, great team members, option to pay into HOOP and benefits available for both part time and full time employees.
I really enjoy working here, the employees are great to work with. I have learned a lot from this company I enjoy every aspects of this job and who I work with.
If you like helping people in need then this is a great volunteer position. Working in hospitality, you get to help all kinds of people coming into the hospital.
Had a fantastic experience while completing my Parctical Nurse Consolidation and various clinical placements. The staff were welcoming and always willing to help and provide assistance when needed.
Work for Lakeridge Health through Plexxus and enjoy working there. Learn a lot during my time with this organization. A typical work day involved dealing with with end users request as required.
The employees of Nutrition Services are very fun and try to help each other as much as possible. The supervisors have everyone's back and are very willing to accommodate staff as necessary.
Pros
fun easy going environment
Cons
mostly short shifts
It's a very interesting environment to work day by day either full of surprises or just a regular job. It is very stable and easy to balance with my social life as well.
Lots of friendly staff and management always willing to help with new students and seek out learning opportunities. overall pleasant environment to work in
Great experience interacting with a variety of patients on the unit. Staff were very kind and friendly which promoted a healthy and happy working environment in the hospital setting.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
Once a month expecting mother and their children come to a program where we teach the expecting big brother and sister's how to properly hold and care for the babies with the help of the toy brought along with them. We strive to remove the jealousy that some children may have towards the baby sibling by showing them how to learn from this experience. Once the teaching aspect of the day is done I take the parents and the children and I give them a tour of the birthing suites and the maternity wing.
  1. Employee reviews