Lakeridge Health

Lakeridge Health Employee Reviews

Work is very flexible due to work from home and manager is very considerate. So many shift being offered to part time, casual. Need to be flexible to get a shift and you need to be multi task to finish your work on time.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
stressful work
As an intern in the hospital, I had a lot of insights. The first point is that in the working environment of the hospital, I can feel the mutual help and respect from my colleagues. I think this is crucial. Be able to feel happy in a work environment. The second point is that the teachers in the hospital are very good. Nursing teachers teach you knowledge, both in theory and in practice. Can learn a lot of knowledge in this hospital. The third point is that the hospital where I practiced was close to my home
It's a great place to work, coworkers are very friendly and supportive. Most jobs are only part time and involve shift work and working holidays and weekends.
Competitive pay, would like more say in shift scheduling. No room for advancement unless you have a degree or more but generally that is typical among hospitals. Management differs on each floor but they are always trying to cut costs.
I personally have had a very positive work experience at Lakeridge Health. It's truly a positive work environment. Staff and administration exhibit a true culture that is co-operative and supportive to both patients and the workers. I strongly recommend this organization with no reservation.
The most unsafe ER I have ever worked in. Not nurse friendly. Toxic culture. ++admitted patients held for days. constantly, chasing doctors to see or reassess admitted pts. High turnover rate. Nurse:patient ratios not followed and worse when acuity of pts begins to climb. No support of staff. Many grievances over safety, workload, and still no change. Easier in their minds to just get rid of the nurses. Zero support from managers, directors, administrators. Keep their own job, and climb the career ladder. Difficult behaviors amongst pt population and staff paying the price. Save yourself. HR, directors, managers, and clinical office staff cannot be trusted.
Pros
Security does their best to assist
Cons
treated like you are expendable
No typical day always different Very busy/ quick paced even though things take a while to be done Great team and wonderful people to work with Always nice helping people
Supervisors listen to employers. The environment is collaborative and the workers are excellent trainers and coworkers. The scope of practice includes micro prep which is rare. I had excellent training. The hardest part was having to leave at the end of my placement.
Always at bed capacity but staff work well together to provide excellent care to client and families. Front line management poor. Lack of support to staff and poor communication skills. Follows best practise guidelines for consistent, safe care.
Pros
job security
Cons
lack of beds resulting in back logs
The staff here is amazing. The management is friendly and reasonable. Made lots of good friends at Lakeridge who taught me more than I learned in two years of college.
I loved being a volunteer for Lakeridge Health. This experience assisted me in enhancing my communication skills greatly. As well as, it gave me insight into what it would be like to work in a hospital environment, aiding in my post-secondary decisions.
I volunteered in the breast assessment clinic, the staff and patients were all very nice and it was a relaxed work environment. The coordinator was flexible and understanding as I was a student at the time. The company is looking to continue expanding aggressively, and is constantly innovating in order to stay #1.With negative feedback, the output reduces the original effect of the stimulus. In a positive feedback system, the output enhances the original stimulus. A good example of a positive feedback system is child birth. During labor, a hormone called oxytocin is released that intensifies and speeds up contractions.
Lakeridge is a great place to volunteer especially if you are interested in working in healthcare setting down the road. There are many areas in the hospital to work to develop skills
Fast paced environment. Great teamwork. Not the best form of communication between departments during admissions. Staff usually work in cliques and don't always work together.
Pros
Potlocks.
Cons
Poor communication
This company works well with its employees and patients. Managers are down to earth and professional. Personal wellness is respected and encouraged. Over all this was a positive place to work.
Pros
wage, co-workers
Cons
fast paced
I volunteered at Lakeridge Health Oshawa for 3 years. It was and is a great place to work and volunteer. I had lots of fun working with patients and nurses. Overall great and encouraging work environment. I completed 200+ hours of community service.
Had a great experience under the Library Coordinator, work was busy but not difficult and plenty of ways to grow in the environment. Would definitely recommend going there.
Pros
Excellent supervisor
Cons
Only there 1 or 2 days of the week as it was a student placement
As a hospital, Lakeridge Health Whitby does not have a lot of resources at it disposal for nursing staff. There is a lack of resources like a labs, emergency department, and personal for specialized task ( e.x. blood drawing). Although this hospital lacks resources, the nursing staff is extremely helpful and friendly. They are will to teach and aid each other with tasks they might not be comfortable doing alone. This hospital is a good place to stretch skills that might not be used on a regular basis and challenge your method of practice for the better.
Lakeridge Health, Ajax Pickering is a fantastic place to work. great people, great organization. I just need a change of pace and other opportunities to grow.
great place to work. unfortunate that they have hired an inexperienced manager and the unit is now struggling. it will get better eventually. the staff are amazing to work with and the doctors and easy to get along with .
Pros
great community
A day at Lakeridge Health consists of a high workload as one is surrounded by plenty of administrative tasks. When completing these tasks, having attention to detail is one of the more important aspects of the job. The skills obtained are different learning skills such as initiative, responsibility, communication and organization. Working with many employees who are welcoming and respectful is the best part of the job, making leaving your workplace the hardest part!
Pros
Working with amazing people and sharing ideas.
Cons
High workload from time-to-time.
  1. Employee reviews