Lakeridge Health Employee Review

View all Lakeridge Health reviews

It's a good place to work, but then I hear that if you follow the yellow brick road that you'll eventually find the magical land of Oz.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Bowmanville, ON13 November 2013
I enjoyed working at Lakeridge Health, and found the staff to be excellent and very professional. Unfortunately, if you are wanting to work for Lakeridge, the chances are slim to none for most nurses I hear. (this from an educator)

I have reapplied several times myself, for a variety of nursing positions, and have heard absolutely nothing back. Maybe you would have more luck as a new grad, as everything appears to be geared that way. Perhaps older nurses, however good at what they do, just have a harder time finding work in today's Ontario.

I don't know, but if you are one of the lucky ones to be hired, (as with any job in this dying western economy of ours), hold on to the job like grim death!

Good luck!
Pros
Great staff, good working environment.
Cons
Often working short. (this is the norm now though for nurses)

Other Lakeridge Health Employee Reviews

Helpful and kind
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON4 May 2018
On weekdays it really busy but when the weekend rolls around it become less packed with customers. I learned how to balance the float and the deposit and how to correctly open and close the Gift shop, the supervisors are very supportive and are very flexible on schedule changes.The Hardest thing that one will encounter in working at the Gift shop is lack of inventory that it sometimes has. But it all fine because you get to put smiles on faces.
Great place to start off
Corporate Communications Intern (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON4 April 2018
Did an internship here and it was a great place to learn but lacked culture. I learned a lot from my superiors but there wasn't a position to be secured at the end as my department was very small and not expanding.