Lakeridge Health

Lakeridge Health Work-life balance reviews

Clear
4.1Pay & benefits

Stressful work

Work is very flexible due to work from home and manager is very considerate. So many shift being offered to part time, casual. Need to be flexible to get a shift and you need to be multi task to finish your work on time.

Pros

Work from home

Cons

stressful work

Short staffed and dont care about their staff

Very little respect for staff. Bad hoursNo quality of lifeNo work life balanceFight for your own pay when they pay you wrongly They have no staff the turnover is the highest possible because they are unorganized and treat staff poorly

Pros

Cons

There are no staff working

Productive and fun working environment

Amazing place to work!! Very flexible and it’s scheduling and ability to switch shifts with co-workers if needed . Part timers get paid lieu benefits on top of their regular pay

Pros

Lots of shifts available

Cons

Working nights

Lakeridge Life

Great place to work. Lots of room for advancement. Great atmosphere. Management is supportive. Teamwork is fluid for the most part. I enjoy the work life balance.. it works for me at this time. No complaints to note.

Volunteer spiritual and religious care

This was a satisfying roll, as a volunteer I was able to console patients who are palliative at the end of thier life to patients who are healing from surgery to come together with different denominations to be edified and uplifted with the good word, spiritual energy. I was grateful to be able to lift the feeble knees that hang down.

Typical of health care

unionized and non-unionized jobs. opportunities for change if you are looking for something different as they have internal job postings for everything

Love my job

Love the place the people and stuff . I love interacting with the patients and making them happy. I love going home feeling like I've made a difference in someone's life. I love the staff because they make you feel loved and wanted an important.

Lakeridge Oshawa-clerical

Lakeridge Health is a busy fast paced environment that is stressful and rewarding. Lots of opportunities to work in various departments. LH provides support for further education.

Great place to be working in

Work life is balanced and it is a great organization to work in. Team work and collaboration is the gO6. Projects across the department are challenging and exciting

Fun

Lakeridge is great place to work everyone is opening to help you through busy and hard days at work. it been a healthy culture for me. I think this is probably the best organization I worked in my entire career.

Jobs at Lakeridge Health

See more jobs

Scheduling at Lakeridge

Scheduling has poor respect for nursing professional home vs work life balance. Scheduled shifts on 6 out of 9 weekends with current 12 hr DDNN. overtime just as bad with new schedule. Moral at an all time low. Nov 2019

Competitive pay, would like more say in shift scheduling. No room for advancement unless you have a degree or more but generally that is typical among hospitals. Management differs on each floor but they are always trying to cut costs.

Fun place to have an idea for a medical library job

Had a great experience under the Library Coordinator, work was busy but not difficult and plenty of ways to grow in the environment. Would definitely recommend going there.

Pros

Excellent supervisor

Cons

Only there 1 or 2 days of the week as it was a student placement

great place to work

Lakeridge Health, Ajax Pickering is a fantastic place to work. great people, great organization. I just need a change of pace and other opportunities to grow.

Good

Good and safe place to work, unionized environment, offers ongoing training and promotes education. Involved with local teaching facilities, +++ students, good benefits and pension plan. Would recommend to anybody, especially new grads.

Productive and very busy

Very busy place, stressful at times. Just no chance to grow within the company. New staff all the time, and to many managers trying to do the same job.

I spend about 5 years working for this company. I really liked all my coworkers. There was a lot of opportunity for growth depending on what your job was.

Pros

Friendly staff and management

Cons

hard to get full time work

Great Place to work

I really enjoy working here, the employees are great to work with. I have learned a lot from this company I enjoy every aspects of this job and who I work with.

Interesting Environment

It's a very interesting environment to work day by day either full of surprises or just a regular job. It is very stable and easy to balance with my social life as well.

teaching hospital

Lots of friendly staff and management always willing to help with new students and seek out learning opportunities. overall pleasant environment to work in

Teaching Hospital

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lakeridge Health. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.3