Lakeridge Health

Lakeridge Health Pay & benefits reviews

Clear
4.1Pay & benefits

Productive and fun working environment

Amazing place to work!! Very flexible and it’s scheduling and ability to switch shifts with co-workers if needed . Part timers get paid lieu benefits on top of their regular pay

Pros

Lots of shifts available

Cons

Working nights

Supportive Team Environment

The medical and support staff are, for most floors, great. I loved working here. The management is a bit off in terms of creating a productive work environment. Front line management have a huge portfolio. On site training was good but has tapered off .. as it has everywhere.

Pros

Collegial team environment (my floor), pay and benefits, educational opportunities

Cons

Management favours a punitive approach when dealing with issues. Time off is hard to get.

Typical of health care

unionized and non-unionized jobs. opportunities for change if you are looking for something different as they have internal job postings for everything

Social Workplace

Good overall, lots of patients to interact with and friendly co-workers. On-site food is bad, workers should bring their own meals. Job definitely helps with social skills.

Good

Good and safe place to work, unionized environment, offers ongoing training and promotes education. Involved with local teaching facilities, +++ students, good benefits and pension plan. Would recommend to anybody, especially new grads.

Productive place to work

Great place to work. Flexibility for hours, great team members, option to pay into HOOP and benefits available for both part time and full time employees.

Very fun and reliable place.

Productive and fun workplace. Always was put in a good mood by customers and co workers. There was never a day I was let down and had nothing to do.

Pros

Good hours

Great job.

I started working at Lakeridge Health a year after high school. The job its self is simple and the people of lakeridge health are great. The pay is competitive and there are lots of room for advancement through departments. Lake ridge also offers flexible schedules for students going to school and infant encourages it. This is an excellent place to work as it is unionized and includes a pension and benefits.

Some of the dept heads were above reproach.

From the time I first went to work at Oshawa General it was a great place to work. We had benefits and the workplace safety was second to none. We were proactive with patient safety and workplace ethics. Over the years it brought changes. Staff were laid off and not replaced, therefore making our workload very heavy. Nursing didn’t seem what it use to be. The standards of the hospital seem to be compromised. There was more stress. Certainly changes were needed and we had to grow but it seemed some things that were important were not a priority.

Pros

Close to home

Cons

Parking left a lot to be desired

Avoid the ER

The ER is ruled by people who exhibit a Grade 9 mentality. Cliques and bullying are prevalent. Unit managers try their best but the number of managers the ER has had in the last 10 years is evidence of the toll it takes on them.

Pros

Benefits are OK

Cons

Poor workplace morale, lack of Staff Educator and continuing education opertunities.

Jobs at Lakeridge Health

See more jobs

Good place to work as part of a team

This is a good place to work with opportunities for advancement. Very busy atmosphere but worth it. Great if you like shift work but not if you expect a day job.

Pros

excellent salary and benefits, plus a pension plan

Cons

not enough days off in a row

Toxic environment terrible culture

This place is terrible to work at. If your young and have ideas this is not the place for you. You will be labelled as an outsider and will be deterred from sharing your ideas. The old guard will never let change happen. You will be micro managed and if you don't do it their way you will be reminded how inept you are. Management also has its favorites and if your not one of them Goodluck. Now I'm speaking only on the administration side of things, I'm sure other areas are fine.

Benefits

Cons

Culture and management

Great place to work.

I enjoyed my time being apart of the kitchen, I had great co-workers, the hours worked great with my schedule and I could pay into a pension.

Great Organization

Well organized, great people to work with. Professional company with great benefits and safety culture. Great organization.

Great experience to enhance your skills

Everyday I would start off by stocking up coolers and serve customers at the same time. I learned many different ways to communicate with the customers and it really enhanced me to not be afraid with talking to them. I would work with the same co-workers and sometimes it would be someone different to work with. Co-workers would also help out and it really brought out our team building. The hardest part was trying to sort some problems that didn't deal with us because people would complain and it wouldn't even be our department but we would still help them out as much as we could. The most enjoyable thing was being able to realize that the job had given me the skills to continue on into the future.

Pros

Enhances skills

Cons

No salary

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lakeridge Health. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.3