Lakeridge Health

Lakeridge Health Management reviews

Clear

Lakeridge Life

Great place to work. Lots of room for advancement. Great atmosphere. Management is supportive. Teamwork is fluid for the most part. I enjoy the work life balance.. it works for me at this time. No complaints to note.

Short staffed and dont care about their staff

Very little respect for staff. Bad hoursNo quality of lifeNo work life balanceFight for your own pay when they pay you wrongly They have no staff the turnover is the highest possible because they are unorganized and treat staff poorly

Pros

Cons

There are no staff working

Supportive Team Environment

The medical and support staff are, for most floors, great. I loved working here. The management is a bit off in terms of creating a productive work environment. Front line management have a huge portfolio. On site training was good but has tapered off .. as it has everywhere.

Pros

Collegial team environment (my floor), pay and benefits, educational opportunities

Cons

Management favours a punitive approach when dealing with issues. Time off is hard to get.

Swoop

Swoop dee doop doop lets get to the 150 word minimum as fast as we can while also entertaining myself swoop dee dooop loop looop lets go try this again

Competitive pay, would like more say in shift scheduling. No room for advancement unless you have a degree or more but generally that is typical among hospitals. Management differs on each floor but they are always trying to cut costs.

Unsafe and toxic work culture

The most unsafe ER I have ever worked in. Not nurse friendly. Toxic culture. ++admitted patients held for days. constantly, chasing doctors to see or reassess admitted pts. High turnover rate. Nurse:patient ratios not followed and worse when acuity of pts begins to climb. No support of staff. Many grievances over safety, workload, and still no change. Easier in their minds to just get rid of the nurses. Zero support from managers, directors, administrators. Keep their own job, and climb the career ladder. Difficult behaviors amongst pt population and staff paying the price. Save yourself. HR, directors, managers, and clinical office staff cannot be trusted.

Pros

Security does their best to assist

Cons

treated like you are expendable

Great staff from every discipline.

Always at bed capacity but staff work well together to provide excellent care to client and families. Front line management poor. Lack of support to staff and poor communication skills. Follows best practise guidelines for consistent, safe care.

Pros

job security

Cons

lack of beds resulting in back logs

Loved being apart of the Lakeridge Health family

The staff here is amazing. The management is friendly and reasonable. Made lots of good friends at Lakeridge who taught me more than I learned in two years of college.

Student placement at this location.

Fast paced environment. Great teamwork. Not the best form of communication between departments during admissions. Staff usually work in cliques and don't always work together.

Pros

Potlocks.

Cons

Poor communication

horrible company

over staffed with middle management and upper management give jobs to unqualified nurses because they are friends with management or are modified don't give equal opportunities to RN's unless your a buddy of a manager. pluck Rn's in middle management positions without qualification or proper skills to do job, must be buddy buddy with a current manager to get position. Don't promote nursing with degree, just say your going to get degree and your hired Also don't like to follow collective agreements, give seminars to management on how to not follow collective agreements and like to force employees to file union grievances and "take their chances that it will get dropped by employee. They also like to humiliate employees that have to use union !!!!

Pros

good pension only if your full time

Cons

promote wrong people to good positions cause they know someone in that department

Jobs at Lakeridge Health

See more jobs

I spend about 5 years working for this company. I really liked all my coworkers. There was a lot of opportunity for growth depending on what your job was.

Pros

Friendly staff and management

Cons

hard to get full time work

teaching hospital

Lots of friendly staff and management always willing to help with new students and seek out learning opportunities. overall pleasant environment to work in

Teaching Hospital

Avoid the ER

The ER is ruled by people who exhibit a Grade 9 mentality. Cliques and bullying are prevalent. Unit managers try their best but the number of managers the ER has had in the last 10 years is evidence of the toll it takes on them.

Pros

Benefits are OK

Cons

Poor workplace morale, lack of Staff Educator and continuing education opertunities.

Dynamic environment

Working as a student at this hospital was an amazing experience. Every week I was able to practice a new skill and learn great tips and information from the other nurses on the floor. I learned time management skills and developed my skills as a nursing student,

High volume, high standard of care on a daily basis.

Very busy on a daily basis. Infection prevention and control always in force, hand washing is key. A smile goes a long way when portering patients or delivering meal trays. MRSA is not a bodybuilding competitor ( Mr SA). It is okay to have a sense of humour when working in a hospital. Monthly staff meetings would go along way in keeping staff informed as well as management. hardest part of my job was not feeling appreciated no matter how hard I worked.

Pros

Making a difference without a microscope

Cons

No worklife personal life balance

Productive and great exposure

- Day at Lake ridge is not that stressful because the workload is equally divided among-st the staff.Staring from rounds, checking every minute details of the patients, thereby conducting the session and lasting charting. - I learnt variety of stuffs from approaching the patient, convincing them for treatment, handling the treatment, gathering respective equipment's and adjusting according to the patient and finally closing the treatment session. - Management is very organized and systematic, as they have in depth knowledge about the condition (disease) and the current patient status. They are immediately present when given a call by the patient using a call bell. - My co-workers are very motivating and believe in sharing their knowledge and guide me through each situation. They are easily available and do collaborate with me to achieve the goals. - Hardest part of job is to convince patients for treatment(Sometimes they are aggressive) and manage patients with IV poles. - The most enjoyable part of job is on completion of treatment session, when the patient's condition is improving and when they and their family appreciate and thank us with their blessings, I feel satisfied, when the patient smiles and is happy, I feel that my motto of serving the humanitarian is getting fulfilled. My morale is further boosted and i work even better with more energy and perseverance.

Lakeridge Health

On par with expectations for the industry and work expected. Management is innovative and looking towards bettering work flow and efficiency.

Exciting, and challenging

In my opinion of a typical day at Lakeridge, very fast past and busy. I've learned the challenges, Nurses, Doctors and hospital staff face every day. The management did not spend much time on the floor but treated us fairly and with respect. Co-workers were very helpful and had a good work ethic. The hardest part of the job was not being able to get a full-time position. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping patients through their experience in the Hospital.

Pros

Predictable hours and work schedual

Cons

Under staffed

Toxic environment terrible culture

This place is terrible to work at. If your young and have ideas this is not the place for you. You will be labelled as an outsider and will be deterred from sharing your ideas. The old guard will never let change happen. You will be micro managed and if you don't do it their way you will be reminded how inept you are. Management also has its favorites and if your not one of them Goodluck. Now I'm speaking only on the administration side of things, I'm sure other areas are fine.

Benefits

Cons

Culture and management

Productive and Efficient Department

0700-1500. Proficient in phlebotomy, Blood transfusion, Wound care, assist with vasectomy procedure. Primarily responsible for Chronic disease education Tues-Thurs. Management is versatile and open to communication. Co-workers are highly skilled, team players. Hardest part of current job is when clinics are over-booked requiring fast-efficient quality care for all patients. The most enjoyable part of the job are the patients and being able to teach them something about their health on how to maintain a quality of life to ensure them the ability to remain at home.

Pros

Patient satisfaction

Cons

Over-bookings

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lakeridge Health. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.3