Lakeridge Health

Lakeridge Health Job security & advancement reviews

Clear
3.9Job security & advancement

Lakeridge Life

Great place to work. Lots of room for advancement. Great atmosphere. Management is supportive. Teamwork is fluid for the most part. I enjoy the work life balance.. it works for me at this time. No complaints to note.

Typical of health care

unionized and non-unionized jobs. opportunities for change if you are looking for something different as they have internal job postings for everything

Lakeridge Oshawa-clerical

Lakeridge Health is a busy fast paced environment that is stressful and rewarding. Lots of opportunities to work in various departments. LH provides support for further education.

Great place to be working in

Work life is balanced and it is a great organization to work in. Team work and collaboration is the gO6. Projects across the department are challenging and exciting

Cool Place

I had a lot of fun volunteering here as I got to meet and talk to a lot of interesting people that work or visit this hospital. An overall friendly atmosphere

Fun

Lakeridge is great place to work everyone is opening to help you through busy and hard days at work. it been a healthy culture for me. I think this is probably the best organization I worked in my entire career.

palce

As an intern in the hospital, I had a lot of insights. The first point is that in the working environment of the hospital, I can feel the mutual help and respect from my colleagues. I think this is crucial. Be able to feel happy in a work environment. The second point is that the teachers in the hospital are very good. Nursing teachers teach you knowledge, both in theory and in practice. Can learn a lot of knowledge in this hospital. The third point is that the hospital where I practiced was close to my home

Competitive pay, would like more say in shift scheduling. No room for advancement unless you have a degree or more but generally that is typical among hospitals. Management differs on each floor but they are always trying to cut costs.

Productive and fun working at Lakeridge Health

I personally have had a very positive work experience at Lakeridge Health. It's truly a positive work environment. Staff and administration exhibit a true culture that is co-operative and supportive to both patients and the workers. I strongly recommend this organization with no reservation.

Unsafe and toxic work culture

The most unsafe ER I have ever worked in. Not nurse friendly. Toxic culture. ++admitted patients held for days. constantly, chasing doctors to see or reassess admitted pts. High turnover rate. Nurse:patient ratios not followed and worse when acuity of pts begins to climb. No support of staff. Many grievances over safety, workload, and still no change. Easier in their minds to just get rid of the nurses. Zero support from managers, directors, administrators. Keep their own job, and climb the career ladder. Difficult behaviors amongst pt population and staff paying the price. Save yourself. HR, directors, managers, and clinical office staff cannot be trusted.

Pros

Security does their best to assist

Cons

treated like you are expendable

Jobs at Lakeridge Health

See more jobs

Excellent work environment

Supervisors listen to employers. The environment is collaborative and the workers are excellent trainers and coworkers. The scope of practice includes micro prep which is rare. I had excellent training. The hardest part was having to leave at the end of my placement.

Great staff from every discipline.

Always at bed capacity but staff work well together to provide excellent care to client and families. Front line management poor. Lack of support to staff and poor communication skills. Follows best practise guidelines for consistent, safe care.

Pros

job security

Cons

lack of beds resulting in back logs

Loved this experience

I loved being a volunteer for Lakeridge Health. This experience assisted me in enhancing my communication skills greatly. As well as, it gave me insight into what it would be like to work in a hospital environment, aiding in my post-secondary decisions.

a great place to volunteer

Lakeridge is a great place to volunteer especially if you are interested in working in healthcare setting down the road. There are many areas in the hospital to work to develop skills

Fun place to have an idea for a medical library job

Had a great experience under the Library Coordinator, work was busy but not difficult and plenty of ways to grow in the environment. Would definitely recommend going there.

Pros

Excellent supervisor

Cons

Only there 1 or 2 days of the week as it was a student placement

great place to work

Lakeridge Health, Ajax Pickering is a fantastic place to work. great people, great organization. I just need a change of pace and other opportunities to grow.

Awesome company

The staff at Bowmanville are amazing especially when it comes to students that come in during placement time, I had nothing but a great experience with this hospital

Pros

Staff

Good

Good and safe place to work, unionized environment, offers ongoing training and promotes education. Involved with local teaching facilities, +++ students, good benefits and pension plan. Would recommend to anybody, especially new grads.

Productive and very busy

Very busy place, stressful at times. Just no chance to grow within the company. New staff all the time, and to many managers trying to do the same job.

I spend about 5 years working for this company. I really liked all my coworkers. There was a lot of opportunity for growth depending on what your job was.

Pros

Friendly staff and management

Cons

hard to get full time work

Great Place to work

I really enjoy working here, the employees are great to work with. I have learned a lot from this company I enjoy every aspects of this job and who I work with.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lakeridge Health. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.3