Lakeridge Health

Lakeridge Health Culture reviews

Clear

Lakeridge Life

Great place to work. Lots of room for advancement. Great atmosphere. Management is supportive. Teamwork is fluid for the most part. I enjoy the work life balance.. it works for me at this time. No complaints to note.

Supportive Team Environment

The medical and support staff are, for most floors, great. I loved working here. The management is a bit off in terms of creating a productive work environment. Front line management have a huge portfolio. On site training was good but has tapered off .. as it has everywhere.

Pros

Collegial team environment (my floor), pay and benefits, educational opportunities

Cons

Management favours a punitive approach when dealing with issues. Time off is hard to get.

Great Staff

Staff is friendly, helpful and everyone works in harmony. I really appreciate the training and my time there it was effective efficient in practising!

Cool Place

I had a lot of fun volunteering here as I got to meet and talk to a lot of interesting people that work or visit this hospital. An overall friendly atmosphere

Fun

Lakeridge is great place to work everyone is opening to help you through busy and hard days at work. it been a healthy culture for me. I think this is probably the best organization I worked in my entire career.

great place to work, great culture, hard to get a full time job

It's a great place to work, coworkers are very friendly and supportive. Most jobs are only part time and involve shift work and working holidays and weekends.

Competitive pay, would like more say in shift scheduling. No room for advancement unless you have a degree or more but generally that is typical among hospitals. Management differs on each floor but they are always trying to cut costs.

Productive and fun working at Lakeridge Health

I personally have had a very positive work experience at Lakeridge Health. It's truly a positive work environment. Staff and administration exhibit a true culture that is co-operative and supportive to both patients and the workers. I strongly recommend this organization with no reservation.

Unsafe and toxic work culture

The most unsafe ER I have ever worked in. Not nurse friendly. Toxic culture. ++admitted patients held for days. constantly, chasing doctors to see or reassess admitted pts. High turnover rate. Nurse:patient ratios not followed and worse when acuity of pts begins to climb. No support of staff. Many grievances over safety, workload, and still no change. Easier in their minds to just get rid of the nurses. Zero support from managers, directors, administrators. Keep their own job, and climb the career ladder. Difficult behaviors amongst pt population and staff paying the price. Save yourself. HR, directors, managers, and clinical office staff cannot be trusted.

Pros

Security does their best to assist

Cons

treated like you are expendable

Great people & atmosphere

No typical day always different Very busy/ quick paced even though things take a while to be done Great team and wonderful people to work with Always nice helping people

Jobs at Lakeridge Health

See more jobs

Loved being apart of the Lakeridge Health family

The staff here is amazing. The management is friendly and reasonable. Made lots of good friends at Lakeridge who taught me more than I learned in two years of college.

great place to work

Lakeridge Health, Ajax Pickering is a fantastic place to work. great people, great organization. I just need a change of pace and other opportunities to grow.

Awesome company

The staff at Bowmanville are amazing especially when it comes to students that come in during placement time, I had nothing but a great experience with this hospital

Pros

Staff

Productive place to work

Great place to work. Flexibility for hours, great team members, option to pay into HOOP and benefits available for both part time and full time employees.

teaching hospital

Lots of friendly staff and management always willing to help with new students and seek out learning opportunities. overall pleasant environment to work in

Teaching Hospital

I had an awesome experience.

Great place for clinical rotations, everyone was helpful. The hardest part was trying to juggle everything. The best part was helping clients. I learned patience. I tried to do the best that I could while practising within my role as a student.

Pros

accessibility

Cons

Great place to start off

Did an internship here and it was a great place to learn but lacked culture. I learned a lot from my superiors but there wasn't a position to be secured at the end as my department was very small and not expanding.

Lakeridge is a good place to work

I have enjoyed working at Lakeridge Health, have met a lot of nice and interesting people who I have worked with over the years. My typical day is cleaning the patient rooms and having a very nice chat and laugh sometimes with the patients and visitors.

Pros

interacting with patients and visitors

Great job.

I started working at Lakeridge Health a year after high school. The job its self is simple and the people of lakeridge health are great. The pay is competitive and there are lots of room for advancement through departments. Lake ridge also offers flexible schedules for students going to school and infant encourages it. This is an excellent place to work as it is unionized and includes a pension and benefits.

Great workplace environment

It was a field placement. Enjoyed working with ladies, filed and did basic office jobs. Hardest part of the job was adjusting to working with other people. Enjoyed filing and trying new things

Pros

Nice co-workers

Cons

not payed

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lakeridge Health. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.3