Lakeridge Health

Lakeridge Health Employee Reviews for Volunteer

Good overall, lots of patients to interact with and friendly co-workers. On-site food is bad, workers should bring their own meals. Job definitely helps with social skills.
Great time volunteering, I was never actually employed by the hospital so I cannot speak to that regard. Most staff are friendly and all the volunteers are very friendly and approachable. Great facility, clean and organized
I had a lot of fun volunteering here as I got to meet and talk to a lot of interesting people that work or visit this hospital. An overall friendly atmosphere
I loved being a volunteer for Lakeridge Health. This experience assisted me in enhancing my communication skills greatly. As well as, it gave me insight into what it would be like to work in a hospital environment, aiding in my post-secondary decisions.
I volunteered in the breast assessment clinic, the staff and patients were all very nice and it was a relaxed work environment. The coordinator was flexible and understanding as I was a student at the time. The company is looking to continue expanding aggressively, and is constantly innovating in order to stay #1.With negative feedback, the output reduces the original effect of the stimulus. In a positive feedback system, the output enhances the original stimulus. A good example of a positive feedback system is child birth. During labor, a hormone called oxytocin is released that intensifies and speeds up contractions.
I volunteered at Lakeridge Health Oshawa for 3 years. It was and is a great place to work and volunteer. I had lots of fun working with patients and nurses. Overall great and encouraging work environment. I completed 200+ hours of community service.
If you like helping people in need then this is a great volunteer position. Working in hospitality, you get to help all kinds of people coming into the hospital.
I liked volunteering at Lakeridge hospital alot. I learned lots about working with seniors as i was in the recreation therapy unit at Lakeridge Whitby.
Pros
Playing games with patients, convient hours
Cons
sometimes dont have stuff to do
Great opportunity for students looking to get their volunteer hours. Gives people the opportunity to experience the hospital setting if that's the field they want to get into.
Love it! You get to talk to patients and work with them. Flexible hours. The other volunteers are super nice and approachable. You get to pick your placements.
Provides training of customer service. Provides well understanding of how to work in busy enviornments and trains/provides you with the knowledge of how to provide intensive and exceptional customer service in retail, food, or other services.
I enjoyed working for Lakeridge health as it gave me experience working with and around people taking them where they need to go around the hospital.
Pros
4 Hour shifts, Interaction with people
Cons
No pay
You get to make people smile. Helping others in a way helps yourself too. I absolutely love it here.
Pros
Free pop at the end of your shift.
Cons
No phones allowed
Enjoying giving my time to help out in the kiosk.There was a gift store and coffee shop. worked with two others 4 days a week. Shifts were 3 hours where students were doing there community service.
Pros
Just helping out