Lakeridge Health logo
Lakeridge Health

Lakeridge Health Employee Reviews for Student Nurse

Work-life balance

Student Placement

It was an awesome experience and I learned a lot from my training and from my preceptor and other nurses. They work together in collaboration and the staff are kind and willing to support each other. I really admire the nurses work a ethics and the working environment.

3E continuing complex care Ajax

This floor is filled with cliques and there is no team work what do ever. I would not want to be a patient to a couple nurses on that floor that’s for sure. 98% of the nurses on the floor do not welcome students with open arms and are not willing to teach as they would rather talk all day and not take breaks and collect overtime that way! Some of the nurses are absolutely horrible to the other staff (cleaning staff and PSWs) There are about 3 lovely nurses on this floor.

Pros

Cons

Cliques and awful nurses

Great Staff

Staff is friendly, helpful and everyone works in harmony. I really appreciate the training and my time there it was effective efficient in practising!

palce

As an intern in the hospital, I had a lot of insights. The first point is that in the working environment of the hospital, I can feel the mutual help and respect from my colleagues. I think this is crucial. Be able to feel happy in a work environment. The second point is that the teachers in the hospital are very good. Nursing teachers teach you knowledge, both in theory and in practice. Can learn a lot of knowledge in this hospital. The third point is that the hospital where I practiced was close to my home

Student placement at this location.

Fast paced environment. Great teamwork. Not the best form of communication between departments during admissions. Staff usually work in cliques and don't always work together.

Pros

Potlocks.

Cons

Poor communication

Consolidation Experience

Had a fantastic experience while completing my Parctical Nurse Consolidation and various clinical placements. The staff were welcoming and always willing to help and provide assistance when needed.

I had an awesome experience.

Great place for clinical rotations, everyone was helpful. The hardest part was trying to juggle everything. The best part was helping clients. I learned patience. I tried to do the best that I could while practising within my role as a student.

Pros

accessibility

Cons

Great cafeteria to relax during break

it was an awesome experience where i learned how to be assertive with my geriatric patients, in order to provide direct instructions for the patients to follow. it is an amazing time also working with the staff members who were of great help.

Dynamic environment

Working as a student at this hospital was an amazing experience. Every week I was able to practice a new skill and learn great tips and information from the other nurses on the floor. I learned time management skills and developed my skills as a nursing student,

Great Learning Experiene

As a student, my 10 weeks with Lakeridge Health was very beneficial. I learned a great deal and am now, more than ever, excited to start a career as a nurse.

Educational work enviroment with many opportunities

Having the opportunity to work at Lakeridge as a student has offered me so much in terms of my education and future job opportunities. The typical day started with coming in and getting report from the head nurse that i was working with then we would start our morning care, getting the patients up and ready for the day. I learned so much from all of the nurses on the floor from how to safely transfer clients to wound care. Everyone was very willing to teach and allow all the students opportunities to learn about many different things. I loved my placement at Lakeridge health and it really opened my eyes to what i would like to do in the future.

Highly efficient and tightly knit group of professionals committed to improving the overal wellbeing of their patients

As a student nurse, this establishment was a great place to learn about the art and science of nursing. The staff is knowledgeable and willing to mentor the students into the proper way to execute procedures in order to ensure maximum effectiveness. there was constant communication among the inter-professional team.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lakeridge Health. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.3