Lakeridge Health

Lakeridge Health Employee Reviews in Whitby, ON

Good overall, lots of patients to interact with and friendly co-workers. On-site food is bad, workers should bring their own meals. Job definitely helps with social skills.
Work life is balanced and it is a great organization to work in. Team work and collaboration is the gO6. Projects across the department are challenging and exciting
As a hospital, Lakeridge Health Whitby does not have a lot of resources at it disposal for nursing staff. There is a lack of resources like a labs, emergency department, and personal for specialized task ( e.x. blood drawing). Although this hospital lacks resources, the nursing staff is extremely helpful and friendly. They are will to teach and aid each other with tasks they might not be comfortable doing alone. This hospital is a good place to stretch skills that might not be used on a regular basis and challenge your method of practice for the better.
I liked volunteering at Lakeridge hospital alot. I learned lots about working with seniors as i was in the recreation therapy unit at Lakeridge Whitby.
Pros
Playing games with patients, convient hours
Cons
sometimes dont have stuff to do
it was an awesome experience where i learned how to be assertive with my geriatric patients, in order to provide direct instructions for the patients to follow. it is an amazing time also working with the staff members who were of great help.
On par with expectations for the industry and work expected. Management is innovative and looking towards bettering work flow and efficiency.
Having the opportunity to work at Lakeridge as a student has offered me so much in terms of my education and future job opportunities. The typical day started with coming in and getting report from the head nurse that i was working with then we would start our morning care, getting the patients up and ready for the day. I learned so much from all of the nurses on the floor from how to safely transfer clients to wound care. Everyone was very willing to teach and allow all the students opportunities to learn about many different things. I loved my placement at Lakeridge health and it really opened my eyes to what i would like to do in the future.
I love coming to work. How many people can say that? The treatment program runs for 21 days which provides ample time to get to know and work with individuals accessing services in order to provide education, counselling and to create an atmosphere where women can heal and gain a measure of hope for their future. I learn as much from them as they do from me. I work in a clinical team environment which is rewarding and professional. We treat each other with respect and value the gifts and skills each member brings to the team and the workplace. The hardest part of the job is seeing clients leave. The most enjoyable part of the position is working together and seeing the change that takes place in our clients during the 21 day period.
Arrive at 6:30 and assist with organization of meds. Assist those who cannot eat on their own, wash or dress on their own and attend bathroom needs. Clean various areas and prepare for family to arrive for visits. Various duties that are required (confidential). Attend daily meetings on progress and further treatment. The management was for me, the doctor and he was efficient, loving and caring. He cried when he was able to release a patient. We all did. The nurses and staff were excellent. They knew the difficulty the patients and their family and staff were experiencing and put in a great team effort. The hardest part was the difficulty of seeing the patients deteriorate. The most enjoyable part was seeing the one patient who was released and we were so happy we all cried, great day.
Pros
Dealing on a daily basis with incurable disease.
Cons
Helping those that cannot help themselves.