Lakeridge Health

Lakeridge Health Employee Reviews in Port Perry, ON

Work-life balance

Work Summary

On a regular day I work 12 hours usually. Take patient's vitals, administer medications, transfer patients and assist with toileting etc. Depending on the patient I sometimes monitor IV infusions, catheters, oxygen, feeding tubes, drains, wound care etc.

teaching hospital

Lots of friendly staff and management always willing to help with new students and seek out learning opportunities. overall pleasant environment to work in

Lakeridge is a good place to work

I have enjoyed working at Lakeridge Health, have met a lot of nice and interesting people who I have worked with over the years. My typical day is cleaning the patient rooms and having a very nice chat and laugh sometimes with the patients and visitors.

Pros

interacting with patients and visitors

Excellent place to initiate critical thinking

I work 12 hour days and nights. I have learnt excellent critical thinking skills and maintained all skills appropriate for Registered Practical Nurses scope of practice. Management could be improved slightly - management politics are at times difficult to manage. Advancement is possible including many opportunities for increased education with in-house education sessions and courses covered by corporation.

Pros

12 hour shifts

Cons

Night shifts can be difficult

Jobs at Lakeridge Health