Lakeridge Health

Lakeridge Health Employee Reviews in Oshawa, ON

Great place to work. Lots of room for advancement. Great atmosphere. Management is supportive. Teamwork is fluid for the most part. I enjoy the work life balance.. it works for me at this time. No complaints to note.
The medical and support staff are, for most floors, great. I loved working here. The management is a bit off in terms of creating a productive work environment. Front line management have a huge portfolio. On site training was good but has tapered off .. as it has everywhere.
Pros
Collegial team environment (my floor), pay and benefits, educational opportunities
Cons
Management favours a punitive approach when dealing with issues. Time off is hard to get.
This was a satisfying roll, as a volunteer I was able to console patients who are palliative at the end of thier life to patients who are healing from surgery to come together with different denominations to be edified and uplifted with the good word, spiritual energy. I was grateful to be able to lift the feeble knees that hang down.
unionized and non-unionized jobs. opportunities for change if you are looking for something different as they have internal job postings for everything
Love the place the people and stuff . I love interacting with the patients and making them happy. I love going home feeling like I've made a difference in someone's life. I love the staff because they make you feel loved and wanted an important.
Cons
Lakeridge Health is a busy fast paced environment that is stressful and rewarding. Lots of opportunities to work in various departments. LH provides support for further education.
It was an awesome experience and I learned a lot from my training and from my preceptor and other nurses. They work together in collaboration and the staff are kind and willing to support each other. I really admire the nurses work a ethics and the working environment.
Love my job ... Had to move Wouldn’t have left Co workers awesome Job fast paced stressful Managed by a non caring manager who just wanted to climb ladder disregarded patient needs and harassed staff daily
Great time volunteering, I was never actually employed by the hospital so I cannot speak to that regard. Most staff are friendly and all the volunteers are very friendly and approachable. Great facility, clean and organized
Staff is friendly, helpful and everyone works in harmony. I really appreciate the training and my time there it was effective efficient in practising!
I had a lot of fun volunteering here as I got to meet and talk to a lot of interesting people that work or visit this hospital. An overall friendly atmosphere
Scheduling has poor respect for nursing professional home vs work life balance. Scheduled shifts on 6 out of 9 weekends with current 12 hr DDNN. overtime just as bad with new schedule. Moral at an all time low. Nov 2019
As an intern in the hospital, I had a lot of insights. The first point is that in the working environment of the hospital, I can feel the mutual help and respect from my colleagues. I think this is crucial. Be able to feel happy in a work environment. The second point is that the teachers in the hospital are very good. Nursing teachers teach you knowledge, both in theory and in practice. Can learn a lot of knowledge in this hospital. The third point is that the hospital where I practiced was close to my home
It's a great place to work, coworkers are very friendly and supportive. Most jobs are only part time and involve shift work and working holidays and weekends.
Competitive pay, would like more say in shift scheduling. No room for advancement unless you have a degree or more but generally that is typical among hospitals. Management differs on each floor but they are always trying to cut costs.
I personally have had a very positive work experience at Lakeridge Health. It's truly a positive work environment. Staff and administration exhibit a true culture that is co-operative and supportive to both patients and the workers. I strongly recommend this organization with no reservation.
The most unsafe ER I have ever worked in. Not nurse friendly. Toxic culture. ++admitted patients held for days. constantly, chasing doctors to see or reassess admitted pts. High turnover rate. Nurse:patient ratios not followed and worse when acuity of pts begins to climb. No support of staff. Many grievances over safety, workload, and still no change. Easier in their minds to just get rid of the nurses. Zero support from managers, directors, administrators. Keep their own job, and climb the career ladder. Difficult behaviors amongst pt population and staff paying the price. Save yourself. HR, directors, managers, and clinical office staff cannot be trusted.
Pros
Security does their best to assist
Cons
treated like you are expendable
Supervisors listen to employers. The environment is collaborative and the workers are excellent trainers and coworkers. The scope of practice includes micro prep which is rare. I had excellent training. The hardest part was having to leave at the end of my placement.
Always at bed capacity but staff work well together to provide excellent care to client and families. Front line management poor. Lack of support to staff and poor communication skills. Follows best practise guidelines for consistent, safe care.
Pros
job security
Cons
lack of beds resulting in back logs
The staff here is amazing. The management is friendly and reasonable. Made lots of good friends at Lakeridge who taught me more than I learned in two years of college.
I loved being a volunteer for Lakeridge Health. This experience assisted me in enhancing my communication skills greatly. As well as, it gave me insight into what it would be like to work in a hospital environment, aiding in my post-secondary decisions.