Lakeridge Health logo
Lakeridge Health

Lakeridge Health Employee Reviews in Ajax, ON

Work-life balance

Productive and fun working environment

Amazing place to work!! Very flexible and it’s scheduling and ability to switch shifts with co-workers if needed . Part timers get paid lieu benefits on top of their regular pay

Pros

Lots of shifts available

Cons

Working nights

3E continuing complex care Ajax

This floor is filled with cliques and there is no team work what do ever. I would not want to be a patient to a couple nurses on that floor that’s for sure. 98% of the nurses on the floor do not welcome students with open arms and are not willing to teach as they would rather talk all day and not take breaks and collect overtime that way! Some of the nurses are absolutely horrible to the other staff (cleaning staff and PSWs) There are about 3 lovely nurses on this floor.

Pros

Cons

Cliques and awful nurses

It was an excellent student placement

I had the experience of working in different departments, some slower paced- like general admitting- to fast paced like the emergency department. It was an overall excellent experience, that let some of strengths shine through under pressure.

Fun

Lakeridge is great place to work everyone is opening to help you through busy and hard days at work. it been a healthy culture for me. I think this is probably the best organization I worked in my entire career.

Great people & atmosphere

No typical day always different Very busy/ quick paced even though things take a while to be done Great team and wonderful people to work with Always nice helping people

great place to work

Lakeridge Health, Ajax Pickering is a fantastic place to work. great people, great organization. I just need a change of pace and other opportunities to grow.

Highly productive workplace with great work ethic.

A day at Lakeridge Health consists of a high workload as one is surrounded by plenty of administrative tasks. When completing these tasks, having attention to detail is one of the more important aspects of the job. The skills obtained are different learning skills such as initiative, responsibility, communication and organization. Working with many employees who are welcoming and respectful is the best part of the job, making leaving your workplace the hardest part!

Pros

Working with amazing people and sharing ideas.

Cons

High workload from time-to-time.

Dynamic environment

Working as a student at this hospital was an amazing experience. Every week I was able to practice a new skill and learn great tips and information from the other nurses on the floor. I learned time management skills and developed my skills as a nursing student,

work short do more with less

come in worker sick not replaced have to do same amount of work for less Manager was never in department covers many areas and always at meetings would not even drop in to say hi

Productive and Efficient Department

0700-1500. Proficient in phlebotomy, Blood transfusion, Wound care, assist with vasectomy procedure. Primarily responsible for Chronic disease education Tues-Thurs. Management is versatile and open to communication. Co-workers are highly skilled, team players. Hardest part of current job is when clinics are over-booked requiring fast-efficient quality care for all patients. The most enjoyable part of the job are the patients and being able to teach them something about their health on how to maintain a quality of life to ensure them the ability to remain at home.

Pros

Patient satisfaction

Cons

Over-bookings

Jobs at Lakeridge Health

in Ajax, ON
See more jobs

Friendly and great teaching environment

At Rouge Valley Health System they were all very friendly and willing to take the time to teach me new skills in the field. A typical day for me during placement would be organizing patients files, working with patients to improve physical function, and cleaning throughout the day to avoid any spread of diseases. The most rewarding part about this job was seeing and helping the patients get better as their treatment progresses.

I have only worked there as a volunteer but have found the people very helpful and appreciative of me.

I only work here as a volunteer. I have greatly enjoyed the work that I am doing (data collection) and the staff I work with are great.l

Love this job really good people

great learning experence and the staff was really easy to work and communicate with :)

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lakeridge Health. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.3