Lakeridge Health
Happiness score is 49 out of 100

Lakeridge Health Employee Reviews

Canada141 reviews

Stressful and understaffed

The emergency department is understaffed and has very limited options for orientation. Lots of new nurses teaching new nurses how to do something they hardly know themselves. Management and supervisors are incredibly supportive and compensation is fair.

Good place to work, nice staff, demanding management.

Good sense of teamwork. Fast-paced. Sometimes under-appreciated by management. However, there is a great sense of community. Long hours depending on position and often unsafe patient to nurse ratios.

Pros

Helpful staff

Cons

long hours lots of overtime (and not always wanting to pay you for it).

Insights into Lakeridge Health

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager
  • Energizing work tasks

Poor management

The corporation doesn’t want to pay their employees and makes them fight for everything and their union doesn’t help . Not a good working environment. The occupational health team attempt at any moment to not pay you and when you fight for your pay you worked they don’t pay you. Absolutely horrible place to work for. You must have a very very thick skin, the nurses will find a click and stay in it. Then the cleaning crew won’t help, so if you are a good worker I don’t recommend going there as they will take advantage of you anytime they can

Fast paced

New system makes it very stressful about job security. Can be a very negative work environment and management does not deal with issues. The pay is really good one of the most rewarding aspects.

Pros

Good pay

Cons

Job security

Big Organization - Experience Will Vary

Because Lakeridge is quite a while organization, your work experience will be w really different depending on your specific location. However I found the interview process pretty smooth and straightforward, if a little slow. Salary could be higher but that’s everywhere in Ontario sadly.

Pros

Wide range of locations and unit types

Cons

Stressful, short staffed constantly

Fast paced

Tough job but it can be rewarding. Pay is decent and chance for advancement exists if you're willing to put in the work. Would recommend. Sometimes you're left to figure things out yourself but for the most part you're supported

Pros

Compensation

Cons

Fast paced Stressful

Poor management in most parts. Managers trying to manage cross sites. Always short so lots of hours..

Busy, underpaid and overworked. Managers that are not nurses trying to manage floors like ICU and ER. No perks to working for Lakeridge. Don’t forget you’re a number, not a person as an employee of the hospital. Terrible HR even pre pandemic.

Pros

Pension if full time

Cons

Underpaid, poor union, benefits are the worst for CUPE

No support from management

Was an SA (service associate ) for 8 yrs part time. If you knew your job you're fine, supervisors are friendly, day can go quick. However they often times will leave you to your own devices and if you make a mistake, be prepared to be written up/warned whether you were adequately trained or not. And upper mangement straight up doesn't seem to care. Can be a high stress place to work and not much appreciation given.

Pros

Good pay

Cons

No Support from management

Short staffed and dont care about their staff

Very little respect for staff. Bad hoursNo quality of lifeNo work life balanceFight for your own pay when they pay you wrongly They have no staff the turnover is the highest possible because they are unorganized and treat staff poorly

Pros

Cons

There are no staff working

Stressful work

Work is very flexible due to work from home and manager is very considerate. So many shift being offered to part time, casual. Need to be flexible to get a shift and you need to be multi task to finish your work on time.

Pros

Work from home

Cons

stressful work

Productive and fun working environment

Amazing place to work!! Very flexible and it’s scheduling and ability to switch shifts with co-workers if needed . Part timers get paid lieu benefits on top of their regular pay

Pros

Lots of shifts available

Cons

Working nights

3E continuing complex care Ajax

This floor is filled with cliques and there is no team work what do ever. I would not want to be a patient to a couple nurses on that floor that’s for sure. 98% of the nurses on the floor do not welcome students with open arms and are not willing to teach as they would rather talk all day and not take breaks and collect overtime that way! Some of the nurses are absolutely horrible to the other staff (cleaning staff and PSWs) There are about 3 lovely nurses on this floor.

Pros

Cons

Cliques and awful nurses

Lakeridge Life

Great place to work. Lots of room for advancement. Great atmosphere. Management is supportive. Teamwork is fluid for the most part. I enjoy the work life balance.. it works for me at this time. No complaints to note.

Supportive Team Environment

The medical and support staff are, for most floors, great. I loved working here. The management is a bit off in terms of creating a productive work environment. Front line management have a huge portfolio. On site training was good but has tapered off .. as it has everywhere.

Pros

Collegial team environment (my floor), pay and benefits, educational opportunities

Cons

Management favours a punitive approach when dealing with issues. Time off is hard to get.

Volunteer spiritual and religious care

This was a satisfying roll, as a volunteer I was able to console patients who are palliative at the end of thier life to patients who are healing from surgery to come together with different denominations to be edified and uplifted with the good word, spiritual energy. I was grateful to be able to lift the feeble knees that hang down.

Typical of health care

unionized and non-unionized jobs. opportunities for change if you are looking for something different as they have internal job postings for everything

Love my job

Love the place the people and stuff . I love interacting with the patients and making them happy. I love going home feeling like I've made a difference in someone's life. I love the staff because they make you feel loved and wanted an important.

Lakeridge Oshawa-clerical

Lakeridge Health is a busy fast paced environment that is stressful and rewarding. Lots of opportunities to work in various departments. LH provides support for further education.

Student Placement

It was an awesome experience and I learned a lot from my training and from my preceptor and other nurses. They work together in collaboration and the staff are kind and willing to support each other. I really admire the nurses work a ethics and the working environment.

It was an excellent student placement

I had the experience of working in different departments, some slower paced- like general admitting- to fast paced like the emergency department. It was an overall excellent experience, that let some of strengths shine through under pressure.

Ok place

Love my job ... Had to move Wouldn’t have left Co workers awesome Job fast paced stressful Managed by a non caring manager who just wanted to climb ladder disregarded patient needs and harassed staff daily

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lakeridge Health. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.9 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement