Lakeridge Health logo
Lakeridge Health

Lakeridge Health Employee Reviews

Stressful work

Work is very flexible due to work from home and manager is very considerate. So many shift being offered to part time, casual. Need to be flexible to get a shift and you need to be multi task to finish your work on time.

Pros

Work from home

Cons

stressful work

Productive and fun working environment

Amazing place to work!! Very flexible and it’s scheduling and ability to switch shifts with co-workers if needed . Part timers get paid lieu benefits on top of their regular pay

Pros

Lots of shifts available

Cons

Working nights

3E continuing complex care Ajax

This floor is filled with cliques and there is no team work what do ever. I would not want to be a patient to a couple nurses on that floor that’s for sure. 98% of the nurses on the floor do not welcome students with open arms and are not willing to teach as they would rather talk all day and not take breaks and collect overtime that way! Some of the nurses are absolutely horrible to the other staff (cleaning staff and PSWs) There are about 3 lovely nurses on this floor.

Pros

Cons

Cliques and awful nurses

Lakeridge Life

Great place to work. Lots of room for advancement. Great atmosphere. Management is supportive. Teamwork is fluid for the most part. I enjoy the work life balance.. it works for me at this time. No complaints to note.

Supportive Team Environment

The medical and support staff are, for most floors, great. I loved working here. The management is a bit off in terms of creating a productive work environment. Front line management have a huge portfolio. On site training was good but has tapered off .. as it has everywhere.

Pros

Collegial team environment (my floor), pay and benefits, educational opportunities

Cons

Management favours a punitive approach when dealing with issues. Time off is hard to get.

Volunteer spiritual and religious care

This was a satisfying roll, as a volunteer I was able to console patients who are palliative at the end of thier life to patients who are healing from surgery to come together with different denominations to be edified and uplifted with the good word, spiritual energy. I was grateful to be able to lift the feeble knees that hang down.

Typical of health care

unionized and non-unionized jobs. opportunities for change if you are looking for something different as they have internal job postings for everything

Love my job

Love the place the people and stuff . I love interacting with the patients and making them happy. I love going home feeling like I've made a difference in someone's life. I love the staff because they make you feel loved and wanted an important.

Lakeridge Oshawa-clerical

Lakeridge Health is a busy fast paced environment that is stressful and rewarding. Lots of opportunities to work in various departments. LH provides support for further education.

Student Placement

It was an awesome experience and I learned a lot from my training and from my preceptor and other nurses. They work together in collaboration and the staff are kind and willing to support each other. I really admire the nurses work a ethics and the working environment.

Jobs at Lakeridge Health

See more jobs

It was an excellent student placement

I had the experience of working in different departments, some slower paced- like general admitting- to fast paced like the emergency department. It was an overall excellent experience, that let some of strengths shine through under pressure.

Ok place

Love my job ... Had to move Wouldn’t have left Co workers awesome Job fast paced stressful Managed by a non caring manager who just wanted to climb ladder disregarded patient needs and harassed staff daily

Social Workplace

Good overall, lots of patients to interact with and friendly co-workers. On-site food is bad, workers should bring their own meals. Job definitely helps with social skills.

Volunteer

Great time volunteering, I was never actually employed by the hospital so I cannot speak to that regard. Most staff are friendly and all the volunteers are very friendly and approachable. Great facility, clean and organized

Great place to be working in

Work life is balanced and it is a great organization to work in. Team work and collaboration is the gO6. Projects across the department are challenging and exciting

Great Staff

Staff is friendly, helpful and everyone works in harmony. I really appreciate the training and my time there it was effective efficient in practising!

Cool Place

I had a lot of fun volunteering here as I got to meet and talk to a lot of interesting people that work or visit this hospital. An overall friendly atmosphere

Disappointed I didn't get a chance to prove my capabilities.

My experience was that it was a very fast paced environment. Needed to be on your toes at all times. Some staff members were very critical of your work and loud.

Swoop

Swoop dee doop doop lets get to the 150 word minimum as fast as we can while also entertaining myself swoop dee dooop loop looop lets go try this again

Fun

Lakeridge is great place to work everyone is opening to help you through busy and hard days at work. it been a healthy culture for me. I think this is probably the best organization I worked in my entire career.

Scheduling at Lakeridge

Scheduling has poor respect for nursing professional home vs work life balance. Scheduled shifts on 6 out of 9 weekends with current 12 hr DDNN. overtime just as bad with new schedule. Moral at an all time low. Nov 2019

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lakeridge Health. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.3