Lakeridge Health Employee Reviews

Lakeridge is a good place to work
Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Port Perry, ON18 March 2018
I have enjoyed working at Lakeridge Health, have met a lot of
nice and interesting people who I have worked with over the years.
My typical day is cleaning the patient rooms and having a very
nice chat and laugh sometimes with the patients and visitors.
Pros
interacting with patients and visitors
Great job.
Dietary Aid (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON14 March 2018
I started working at Lakeridge Health a year after high school. The job its self is simple and the people of lakeridge health are great. The pay is competitive and there are lots of room for advancement through departments. Lake ridge also offers flexible schedules for students going to school and infant encourages it. This is an excellent place to work as it is unionized and includes a pension and benefits.
Great workplace environment
Laboratory Clerk (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON19 January 2018
It was a field placement. Enjoyed working with ladies, filed and did basic office jobs. Hardest part of the job was adjusting to working with other people. Enjoyed filing and trying new things
Pros
Nice co-workers
Cons
not payed
My home hospital
Registered Nurse, Emergency Department (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON12 December 2017
I have worked for Lakeridge Health Corp. since graduating in 2010. This hospital is where I was born, grew up, completed my placements and now work for.
I have worked in many areas throughout the hospital.
Pros
large corporation, full time available
Cons
No days only schedules.
Some of the dept heads were above reproach.
Nursing/Secretary/collecting data (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON16 November 2017
From the time I first went to work at Oshawa General it was a great place to work. We had benefits and the workplace safety was second to none. We were proactive with patient safety and workplace ethics. Over the years it brought changes. Staff were laid off and not replaced, therefore making our workload very heavy. Nursing didn’t seem what it use to be. The standards of the hospital seem to be compromised. There was more stress. Certainly changes were needed and we had to grow but it seemed some things that were important were not a priority.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Parking left a lot to be desired
Excellent
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON6 November 2017
I am working full time at Lakeridge and enjoy working here. I love being a nurse and enjoy a rewarding career. I would encourage further education in nursing.
Great
File Managment (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON2 November 2017
I gained a lot of independence in this job because I was mainly working the project along but they were always willing to provide support when it was needed
Great Volunteer Expirience
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Bowmanville, ON20 September 2017
Great opportunity for students looking to get their volunteer hours. Gives people the opportunity to experience the hospital setting if that's the field they want to get into.
Avoid the ER
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON8 September 2017
The ER is ruled by people who exhibit a Grade 9 mentality. Cliques and bullying are prevalent.
Unit managers try their best but the number of managers the ER has had in the last 10 years is evidence of the toll it takes on them.
Pros
Benefits are OK
Cons
Poor workplace morale, lack of Staff Educator and continuing education opertunities.
Loved having a job with amazing pay and great bunch of people.
Unit Clerk/H.I.M Officer (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON19 July 2017
I am always happy to work in the field where I can implement my schooling. I was happily employed and enjoyed going to work everyday! The job was mentally challenging and I love a challenge!
Pros
great pay and great fellow employees
A very fun and interactive position
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON2 May 2017
This position gave me vast experience with dealing with different crowds and understanding the different perspectives on how parents view antibiotics.
Great Placement experience with tons of experienced and knowledgeable individuals.
Student Placement (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON25 April 2017
Through the time I spent at Lakeridge I learned a lot about data entry and E-learning modules, survey monkey and a lot of team building skills. A typical day there was very communicative between all of the teams members of the Organizational department and myself to take care of tasks that would need to be finished by the end of the week.
Pros
Extremely friendly people
Cons
Only had two days of the week there
most employees are easy to work with
RPN (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON14 February 2017
definitely fast paced and hard work but great team work. Its is usually pretty easy to make trades and request certain days off except during the holiday season.
Good place
Medical Laboratory Technician (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON9 February 2017
Great place to work. Good experience. Use of many skills learned in school. Shift work. Good pay. Job is very busy but rewarding.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON18 November 2016
Worked with acute and rehab stroke patients. I enjoyed the health care team that I worked with, made a ruff day much easier. loved working with clients and assisting in rehabilitation process.
Lakeridge Health
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON10 November 2016
On par with expectations for the industry and work expected. Management is innovative and looking towards bettering work flow and efficiency.
Very good
Hospital Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON5 August 2016
Provides training of customer service.
Provides well understanding of how to work in busy enviornments and trains/provides you with the knowledge of how to provide intensive and exceptional customer service in retail, food, or other services.
Toxic environment terrible culture
IT Consultant (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON30 June 2016
This place is terrible to work at. If your young and have ideas this is not the place for you. You will be labelled as an outsider and will be deterred from sharing your ideas. The old guard will never let change happen. You will be micro managed and if you don't do it their way you will be reminded how inept you are. Management also has its favorites and if your not one of them Goodluck. Now I'm speaking only on the administration side of things, I'm sure other areas are fine.
Benefits
Cons
Culture and management
Educational work enviroment with many opportunities
Student Nurse (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON10 May 2016
Having the opportunity to work at Lakeridge as a student has offered me so much in terms of my education and future job opportunities. The typical day started with coming in and getting report from the head nurse that i was working with then we would start our morning care, getting the patients up and ready for the day. I learned so much from all of the nurses on the floor from how to safely transfer clients to wound care. Everyone was very willing to teach and allow all the students opportunities to learn about many different things. I loved my placement at Lakeridge health and it really opened my eyes to what i would like to do in the future.
Lakeridge Health Hospatility
Lakeridge Health Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON2 May 2016
I enjoyed working for Lakeridge health as it gave me experience working with and around people taking them where they need to go around the hospital.
Pros
4 Hour shifts, Interaction with people
Cons
No pay