Lakeridge Health

Lakeridge Health Employee Reviews

Canada128 reviews
Volunteer spiritual and religious care
This was a satisfying roll, as a volunteer I was able to console patients who are palliative at the end of thier life to patients who are healing from surgery to come together with different denominations to be edified and uplifted with the good word, spiritual energy.
I was grateful to be able to lift the feeble knees that hang down.
Typical of health care
unionized and non-unionized jobs. opportunities for change if you are looking for something different as they have internal job postings for everything
Love my job
Love the place the people and stuff . I love interacting with the patients and making them happy. I love going home feeling like I've made a difference in someone's life. I love the staff because they make you feel loved and wanted an important.
Pros
Cons
Lakeridge Oshawa-clerical
Lakeridge Health is a busy fast paced environment that is stressful and rewarding. Lots of opportunities to work in various departments. LH provides support for further education.
Student Placement
It was an awesome experience and I learned a lot from my training and from my preceptor and other nurses. They work together in collaboration and the staff are kind and willing to support each other. I really admire the nurses work a ethics and the working environment.
It was an excellent student placement
I had the experience of working in different departments, some slower paced- like general admitting- to fast paced like the emergency department. It was an overall excellent experience, that let some of strengths shine through under pressure.
Ok place
Love my job ...
Had to move

Wouldn’t have left

Co workers awesome

Job fast paced stressful

Managed by a non caring manager who just wanted to climb ladder disregarded patient needs and harassed staff daily
Social Workplace
Good overall, lots of patients to interact with and friendly co-workers. On-site food is bad, workers should bring their own meals. Job definitely helps with social skills.
Volunteer
Great time volunteering, I was never actually employed by the hospital so I cannot speak to that regard. Most staff are friendly and all the volunteers are very friendly and approachable. Great facility, clean and organized
Great place to be working in
Work life is balanced and it is a great organization to work in. Team work and collaboration is the gO6. Projects across the department are challenging and exciting
Great Staff
Staff is friendly, helpful and everyone works in harmony. I really appreciate the training and my time there it was effective efficient in practising!
Cool Place
I had a lot of fun volunteering here as I got to meet and talk to a lot of interesting people that work or visit this hospital. An overall friendly atmosphere
Disappointed I didn't get a chance to prove my capabilities.
My experience was that it was a very fast paced environment. Needed to be on your toes at all times. Some staff members were very critical of your work and loud.
Swoop
Swoop dee doop doop lets get to the 150 word minimum as fast as we can while also entertaining myself swoop dee dooop loop looop lets go try this again
Fun
Lakeridge is great place to work everyone is opening to help you through busy and hard days at work. it been a healthy culture for me. I think this is probably the best organization I worked in my entire career.
Scheduling at Lakeridge
Scheduling has poor respect for nursing professional home vs work life balance. Scheduled shifts on 6 out of 9 weekends with current 12 hr DDNN. overtime just as bad with new schedule. Moral at an all time low. Nov 2019
palce
As an intern in the hospital, I had a lot of insights.
The first point is that in the working environment of the hospital, I can feel the mutual help and respect from my colleagues. I think this is crucial. Be able to feel happy in a work environment.

The second point is that the teachers in the hospital are very good. Nursing teachers teach you knowledge, both in theory and in practice. Can learn a lot of knowledge in this hospital.

The third point is that the hospital where I practiced was close to my home
great place to work, great culture, hard to get a full time job
It's a great place to work, coworkers are very friendly and supportive.
Most jobs are only part time and involve shift work and working holidays and weekends.
Competitive pay, would like more say in shift scheduling. No room for advancement unless you have a degree or more but generally that is typical among hospitals. Management differs on each floor but they are always trying to cut costs.
Productive and fun working at Lakeridge Health
I personally have had a very positive work experience at Lakeridge Health. It's truly a positive work environment. Staff and administration exhibit a true culture that is co-operative and supportive to both patients and the workers. I strongly recommend this organization with no reservation.
Unsafe and toxic work culture
The most unsafe ER I have ever worked in. Not nurse friendly. Toxic culture. ++admitted patients held for days. constantly, chasing doctors to see or reassess admitted pts. High turnover rate. Nurse:patient ratios not followed and worse when acuity of pts begins to climb. No support of staff. Many grievances over safety, workload, and still no change. Easier in their minds to just get rid of the nurses. Zero support from managers, directors, administrators. Keep their own job, and climb the career ladder. Difficult behaviors amongst pt population and staff paying the price. Save yourself. HR, directors, managers, and clinical office staff cannot be trusted.
Pros
Security does their best to assist
Cons
treated like you are expendable
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lakeridge Health. Our community is ready to answer.
4.3