Lakeridge Health Employee Reviews

great place to work
Mental health -Registered Practical Nurse (RPN) (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON7 January 2019
great place to work. unfortunate that they have hired an inexperienced manager and the unit is now struggling. it will get better eventually. the staff are amazing to work with and the doctors and easy to get along with .
Pros
great community
Good
Registered Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON22 November 2018
Good and safe place to work, unionized environment, offers ongoing training and promotes education. Involved with local teaching facilities, +++ students, good benefits and pension plan. Would recommend to anybody, especially new grads.
horrible company
Nurse Clinician (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON14 November 2018
over staffed with middle management and upper management
give jobs to unqualified nurses because they are friends with management or are modified
don't give equal opportunities to RN's unless your a buddy of a manager. pluck Rn's in middle management positions without qualification or proper skills to do job, must be buddy buddy with a current manager to get position. Don't promote nursing with degree, just say your going to get degree and your hired
Also don't like to follow collective agreements, give seminars to management on how to not follow collective agreements and like to force employees to file union grievances and "take their chances that it will get dropped by employee. They also like to humiliate employees that have to use union !!!!
Pros
good pension only if your full time
Cons
promote wrong people to good positions cause they know someone in that department
fun
hospitality (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON2 November 2018
very nice place to do volunteer for school or just in general the enviroment is clean and everyone is nice. also its a very busy place and one can get alot of experience if they wanna go int a medical field
Work Summary
Registered Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Port Perry, ON6 October 2018
On a regular day I work 12 hours usually. Take patient's vitals, administer medications, transfer patients and assist with toileting etc.
Depending on the patient I sometimes monitor IV infusions, catheters, oxygen, feeding tubes, drains, wound care etc.
Diet Clerk (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON11 September 2018
I spend about 5 years working for this company. I really liked all my coworkers. There was a lot of opportunity for growth depending on what your job was.
Pros
Friendly staff and management
Cons
hard to get full time work
Productive place to work
Registered Practical Nurse (RPN) (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON3 September 2018
Great place to work. Flexibility for hours, great team members, option to pay into HOOP and benefits available for both part time and full time employees.
Great Place to work
Dietary Aide (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON23 August 2018
I really enjoy working here, the employees are great to work with.
I have learned a lot from this company
I enjoy every aspects of this job and who I work with.
Very rewarding!
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON19 August 2018
If you like helping people in need then this is a great volunteer position. Working in hospitality, you get to help all kinds of people coming into the hospital.
Great plate to work
Procurement Buyer/Purchasing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON31 July 2018
Work for Lakeridge Health through Plexxus and enjoy working there.
Learn a lot during my time with this organization. A typical work day involved dealing with with end users request as required.
Helpful and kind
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON4 May 2018
On weekdays it really busy but when the weekend rolls around it become less packed with customers. I learned how to balance the float and the deposit and how to correctly open and close the Gift shop, the supervisors are very supportive and are very flexible on schedule changes.The Hardest thing that one will encounter in working at the Gift shop is lack of inventory that it sometimes has. But it all fine because you get to put smiles on faces.
Great place to start off
Corporate Communications Intern (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON4 April 2018
Did an internship here and it was a great place to learn but lacked culture. I learned a lot from my superiors but there wasn't a position to be secured at the end as my department was very small and not expanding.
Lakeridge is a good place to work
Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Port Perry, ON18 March 2018
I have enjoyed working at Lakeridge Health, have met a lot of
nice and interesting people who I have worked with over the years.
My typical day is cleaning the patient rooms and having a very
nice chat and laugh sometimes with the patients and visitors.
Pros
interacting with patients and visitors
Great job.
Dietary Aid (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON14 March 2018
I started working at Lakeridge Health a year after high school. The job its self is simple and the people of lakeridge health are great. The pay is competitive and there are lots of room for advancement through departments. Lake ridge also offers flexible schedules for students going to school and infant encourages it. This is an excellent place to work as it is unionized and includes a pension and benefits.
Great workplace environment
Laboratory Clerk (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON19 January 2018
It was a field placement. Enjoyed working with ladies, filed and did basic office jobs. Hardest part of the job was adjusting to working with other people. Enjoyed filing and trying new things
Pros
Nice co-workers
Cons
not payed
My home hospital
Registered Nurse, Emergency Department (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON12 December 2017
I have worked for Lakeridge Health Corp. since graduating in 2010. This hospital is where I was born, grew up, completed my placements and now work for.
I have worked in many areas throughout the hospital.
Pros
large corporation, full time available
Cons
No days only schedules.
Some of the dept heads were above reproach.
Nursing/Secretary/collecting data (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON16 November 2017
From the time I first went to work at Oshawa General it was a great place to work. We had benefits and the workplace safety was second to none. We were proactive with patient safety and workplace ethics. Over the years it brought changes. Staff were laid off and not replaced, therefore making our workload very heavy. Nursing didn’t seem what it use to be. The standards of the hospital seem to be compromised. There was more stress. Certainly changes were needed and we had to grow but it seemed some things that were important were not a priority.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Parking left a lot to be desired
Excellent
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON6 November 2017
I am working full time at Lakeridge and enjoy working here. I love being a nurse and enjoy a rewarding career. I would encourage further education in nursing.
Great
File Managment (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON2 November 2017
I gained a lot of independence in this job because I was mainly working the project along but they were always willing to provide support when it was needed
Great Volunteer Expirience
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Bowmanville, ON20 September 2017
Great opportunity for students looking to get their volunteer hours. Gives people the opportunity to experience the hospital setting if that's the field they want to get into.