Lakeland College Employee Reviews

The hardest part of the job.
Community Volunteer Income Tax Program (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, AB14 July 2018
The hardest of my job was, time management.
I have to manage time for my own studies and I have to give enough time to my students to make sure they get every thing that I taught.
Pros
Diversity, Organizing and training, Reduce teachers load
Cons
Students unconvinced of comments value
Administrative Support (Former Employee) –  Vermilion, AB10 July 2018
If you don't get involved in the politics, you will love your job. The salary and benefits are great. Communication is awful and management does not make anyone accountable.
Pros
Salary & benefits
Cons
it was a productive and great place to work at
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, AB5 July 2018
it was great place to work at a lot of friendly people to help and give you advice on stuff you are working on also you get 2 half an hour break in the morning hour break for lunch and half hour break in the afternoon.
Pros
free lunches
Fun and Enjoyabale
Lakeland Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Vermilion, AB1 March 2018
Lots of communication with potential students and assisting in tours around the college campus for students that may attend the college in the following year.
Pros
Working with people
A team enviroment with a strong coporate vision in place
Research Associate (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, SK23 January 2018
I hope that this works for the reader. As an employee , either contract or salary we must be committed to the continuous improvement of the companies bottom line and the continuous improvement of the corporate safety and work progress culture. Complete management equality based on all working steadily through out the day with a view of completing assigned tasks.

The culture of the work place should fall in place with the expectations of the corporate management group. When a strong a corporate culture is in place the work place becomes a comfortable and progressive team that is able to over come dead lines and issue driven problems and enjoy a sense of victory at the end of every work day !
Pros
coordinated work force with lots of cooperative values
Cons
Poor progress on major problems
Excting and Friendly Workplace
Residence Life Assistant (Former Employee) –  Vermilion, AB22 January 2018
Working with the new students that are incoming into the class is so exciting and so fulfilling. watching students advance from shy quiet students to the end of the year when they are outgoing and have made many friends.
Great positive staff to work wil
Residence Assistant (Former Employee) –  Vermilion, AB12 November 2017
a typical day as a Residence Assistant, you would make sure the dorm that you are taking care of, doesn't get wrecked. Management of activities with in the dorm, problem solving, and good social interaction with students
Pros
covers rent costs
Cons
can have some difficult people in your dorm
Great hour selection!
Lifeguard/Swim Instructor (Former Employee) –  Vermilion, AB28 September 2017
At a in-service you are able to pick and chose your hours. This works really well if you are in school at time of employment. Training is also done at his time to make sure you are up to date.
Pros
Hours and training
Cons
Older facility
Amazing Experience
Program Head Agribusiness, Agricultural Business (Former Employee) –  Vermilion, AB13 September 2017
An institution with numerous talented and passionate people. Has issues around culture like any other large post secondary, however, the small nature of the school allows for more freedom.
Very fun and interesting
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Vermilion, AB25 April 2017
I was left to run research projects for Lakeland College and afforded a lot of trust and freedom.
I was able to take part in a lot of interesting projects and often it didn't feel like work at all.
Good
Sanitary Engineer (Current Employee) –  Vermilion, AB11 March 2017
Part time job cleaning before class in the morning. Nice enough boss and can customize my hours. For a cleaning job the pay was decent, supplies are provided and it's a 2 minute walk from home.
Pros
customize hours
Cons
janitorial work
Great job with fun people
Residential Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lloydminster, AB8 March 2017
Great place to work. The people that work here are a mixture of young and old and makes for a great workplace. There is always something new you can learn from them.
Pros
union
Cons
salary/wage
Great Staff and Nice Campus
Summer Student Landscaper (Former Employee) –  Vermilion, AB28 February 2017
I enjoyed working under the bosses at Lakeland. They were understanding and helpful. The hours and work at Lakeland were good too. I enjoyed the time I worked there.
Great work environment with excellent people to work with, and plenty of opportunities for unique and engaging work.
Trades Summer Student (Current Employee) –  Vermilion, AB11 August 2016
My time with Lakeland College has been excellent. Working in the trades department has allowed me to get some basic knowledge of multiple different trades including Electrical and Welding.
Productive and use of rec facilities
Security Guard - Certified (Current Employee) –  Vermilion, AB6 May 2016
I walk about 5 miles in a shift. I deal with drinking students so I learn to be patient and non-judgemental.
I seldom associate with management as I work nights and supervisors have the day shift. My co-workers are a fun and supportive bunch. The hardest part of my job is to convince drunk students that it is time to stop the party. The most enjoyable part of my job is the interaction between myself and the students.
Pros
Free use of recreational facilities after shifts
Cons
Long hours on my feet in steel toed boots.
Interesting place to work
Environmental Sciences Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Vermilion, AB3 May 2016
Enjoyed the people and the everyday challenges that kept each day fun and interesting. Always an atmosphere of learning which allowed me to become better at my job.
Creative, energetic, Gratifying
Peer Tutor (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, Ab, Canada4 November 2015
Taught students to help them to achieve good marks in exams. Hardest part was to make them understand the complex formula's of cost accounting and intermediate accounting. But was able to succeed by showing patience and explaining them in easy to understand terms.I learnt how to motivate students so that they could excel in their mid terms and this job helped me to enhance my social skills.
Pros
Inner satisfaction
Great place to learn and be motivated, and great work life balance
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lloydminster12 May 2015
Great place to learn and get motivated, and great work life balance, and i really like the staff i work with its much more important for me to recognize things and appreciate the work which i find in almost all staff to appreciate small things we do.
Fine Institute
Director, Lakeland Enterprises (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, AB9 May 2015
Great place to work in the post secondary environment. Staff is very unified in their goals of providing the best education possible
Carpentry Instructor (Current Employee) –  Alberta12 December 2014
8-4:30 buisy days I have really enjoyed working for Lakeland college great staff and administration. The interactions with the staff are always professional and positive.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lakeland College. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2