Lakeland College

Lakeland College Employee Reviews

Canada34 reviews
I was new to instructing and found the staff more than happy to help me along. It was a great learning experience and the job was very challenging for me. Really enjoyed the teaching
Excellent opportunity to work and learn simultaneously. Supervisors were available for any issues that were above my knowledge. Excellent team to work with and the added benefits of making a little cash while in college, its all-around great!
A great and relaxed place to work. People are very friendly, professional. The team work is awesome and I would not hesitate to go back there to work.
Established and growing College with strong programs and a student focus. Constantly changing and improving to meet current needs. Staff is well supported.
A good team atmosphere where fellow employees care for each other. The hardest part being that on some shifts there is not enough backup if you require help.
Pros
varied shifts
Cons
backup if required
Great Amazing Challenging, Sophisticated, Nice, Leadership Challange, Enthusiastic, Realistic, Pragmatic, Descent, Time Management, Critical thinking, problem solving, rising, advancement, profit making.
You worked in rain, shine or snow.
The boss didn't care if you got heat stroke, you had to continue working.

On really hot days they expected us to continue working and not take water and washroom breaks

Great co-workers
Pros
Amazing co-workers and great experience
Cons
Bad boss
loved it here, friendly staff, good environment, opportunity to move up. Staff members treated everyone with respect and got to know people. You aren't just a summer student here
During my time at school, working for Lakeland College allowed me to subsidize some of my costs and made it a very comfortable experience. Awesome opportunity to be a RA (residents advisor) and really connects you with your own "family" while you stay on campus
The hardest of my job was, time management.
I have to manage time for my own studies and I have to give enough time to my students to make sure they get every thing that I taught.
Pros
Diversity, Organizing and training, Reduce teachers load
Cons
Students unconvinced of comments value
If you don't get involved in the politics, you will love your job. The salary and benefits are great. Communication is awful and management does not make anyone accountable.
Pros
Salary & benefits
Cons
it was great place to work at a lot of friendly people to help and give you advice on stuff you are working on also you get 2 half an hour break in the morning hour break for lunch and half hour break in the afternoon.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
Lots of communication with potential students and assisting in tours around the college campus for students that may attend the college in the following year.
Pros
Working with people
I hope that this works for the reader. As an employee , either contract or salary we must be committed to the continuous improvement of the companies bottom line and the continuous improvement of the corporate safety and work progress culture. Complete management equality based on all working steadily through out the day with a view of completing assigned tasks.

The culture of the work place should fall in place with the expectations of the corporate management group. When a strong a corporate culture is in place the work place becomes a comfortable and progressive team that is able to over come dead lines and issue driven problems and enjoy a sense of victory at the end of every work day !
Pros
coordinated work force with lots of cooperative values
Cons
Poor progress on major problems
Working with the new students that are incoming into the class is so exciting and so fulfilling. watching students advance from shy quiet students to the end of the year when they are outgoing and have made many friends.
a typical day as a Residence Assistant, you would make sure the dorm that you are taking care of, doesn't get wrecked. Management of activities with in the dorm, problem solving, and good social interaction with students
Pros
covers rent costs
Cons
can have some difficult people in your dorm
At a in-service you are able to pick and chose your hours. This works really well if you are in school at time of employment. Training is also done at his time to make sure you are up to date.
Pros
Hours and training
Cons
Older facility
An institution with numerous talented and passionate people. Has issues around culture like any other large post secondary, however, the small nature of the school allows for more freedom.
I was left to run research projects for Lakeland College and afforded a lot of trust and freedom.
I was able to take part in a lot of interesting projects and often it didn't feel like work at all.
Part time job cleaning before class in the morning. Nice enough boss and can customize my hours. For a cleaning job the pay was decent, supplies are provided and it's a 2 minute walk from home.
Pros
customize hours
Cons
janitorial work
Great place to work. The people that work here are a mixture of young and old and makes for a great workplace. There is always something new you can learn from them.
Pros
union
Cons
salary/wage