Lake of the Woods District Hospital

Lake of the Woods District Hospital Employee Reviews

Canada5 reviews
great training opportunities in Operating Room
wide variety of surgeries, orthopedics, general surgeries, cataract surgeries, csections, laparoscopic surgeries
Working at LWDH had always been a positive experience with happy staff and positive morale. New management came and made too many negative changes, too many layoffs etc. which has completely destroyed the positive morale of staff.
Pros
Good wages and benefits
Cons
Poor management
My experience working for this establishment is good. The staff really pulls together to help one another throughout the shift and provide safe patient care. Management does their best to accommodate and assist staff in what ever way they can by means possible. I learned my entire nursing practice here, I learned how to be a productive member of the team and how to manage any given situation. LWDH is a good place to work and Kenora is a stunning place to reside.
I enjoyed the wide variety of tasks and helping others.
I worked in three departments over 13 years.

Each time working from part time to full time. I retired from a full time position to attend college in Winnipeg.
Pros
benefits and helping others
Cons
not much room for advancement
I work with a great team in order to assist with patient care and promote positive outcomes for people living in North Western Ontario.