Lake Louise Ski Resort

Lake Louise Ski Resort Work-life balance reviews

Clear
2.9Pay & benefits

Fun

Fun job, though hard work, a lot of people leave because of it. Great culture. Great friends and memories. Average pay for Canada. Expect to work hard.

Terrible management

The worst managment I have ever worked for. They never know what they are doing and was always missing food orders... Over all my 5 year old nephew could run the place like they do

Pros

Ski pass

Cons

Long hours no overtime no real leaders

Learned a lot, met great people

Lake Louise was a great place to work and learn, the minimum required character limit is far too high. If you want to work hard 40 hours a week and spend the rest of your time doing whatever you please in the most beautiful place in the world - do it.

Do not work Food and Beverage anymore

Since the management of F&B (executive chef and Sous Chef) changed, the atmosphere changed from a relaxed and fun work environment where you were actually motivated to work to one where employees are not respected and pushed around. Unpaid overtime is common, when they decide you didn’t manage your time properly, and the management does not understand that this is a place where workers come to have fun. A huge amount of people (including me) have been quitting in the last few weeks or will quitting in the next few, leaving worse conditions for the people left behind, even managers and supervisors that try to make sure you have a good time and are not as harsh are getting pushed out. There will be almost no returning staff for summer season for a very good reason. The upper management seems not to have acknowledged the issues and isn’t tackling them. On the other hand the people you work with are amazing and you will definitely have a good time riding or skiing, but it’s not worth the poor work conditions. There are plenty of great other ski resorts around you can get the same experience and better working conditions.

Pros

It’s a ski hill

Cons

Long hours, unpaid overtime, poor wages, poor management

Good, no complaints

Was a wonderful place to work, no complaints, must love the snow, the cold, snowboarding, skiing, talking to people and must be organized person. Things can get hectic.

good

good times We know you have a life outside of work, and work-life balance is encouraged. Taking advantage of both summer, and winter, mountain sports is one way we encourage our associates to reap the benefits of living on resort. We value innovation and promote it within our teams as we want you to work and grow while on your journey. We work hard but also have fun while we’re at it.

great place to meet people

worked at many outlets at the ski resort; liked the diverse groups of people, the busy aspect of most days, the chance to move up or change departments.

fun place to work and live

great company to work for, difficult to work and live for the same company but I had a lot of fun while working with this company. would recommend working here.

Priorities need some help

If you're not teaching a lesson you're not getting paid. Not bad so long as you're teaching all day everyday. If you work half a day you will make the same as someone who didn't teach a lesson at all (you can show up and be at work for 8 hours and make less than $40). If you want to make money you better bring clients and get commission from those sales. Staff are great and always willing to help out, whether it's with your work or your own personal learning. Great and fun atmosphere among staff.

Pros

Training is spectacular

Cons

Annoying to show up for an 8 hour shift and make next to nothing

Fun and challenging

Setting up of coffee, making sure we have a till. work place culture was fun and relaxed, everyone was here to do the something. As is was a fast moving job it was hard to keep everyone doing their jobs.

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Lake Louise Ski Resort?

Positive, Hard Working, Neat

Most days I have had you start with getting the work area ready and cleanly for guests to come through. Receive specials from the kitchen to encourage guest to have. I have learned to work under pressure while keeping a smile and calmness about myself. Multi-tasking when relating to taking orders, remembering different tasks and cleaning the area around me. Learning how to work with different types of personalities between co-workers and guests. Most of the management I have had the pleasure to work with have been on the stricter side of things. This worked best for me because it assisted in making me the hard worker I am today. I like to try and always find a job to fill my time with. There is always something that can be done, is a great skill I have learned. I hardest part of my job is trying to keep the costumers happy that were not very happy to begin with, but I have had a lot of experience with people like this. Will always try my hardest to make the best of a bad situation, so even if a customer does not arrive happy I will always put my best effort to change their mood by the time they leave. The most enjoyable part of my job is learning a new skill and working with people. I love meeting people from around the world and making someones day even better. I think learning a new skill is an important part of developing as an employee and love to put my skills to the test. I will always try to be the best employee I can be, with a positive attitude.

Pros

Meeting people from around the world

Cons

Weather dependant

Mountain town living

Work hard. Play harder Got to ride on powder days. Organize the children Set Daily tasks. Had a lot of boundaries working with kids from around the world. Hardest part of the job was looking up at the mountain and not being able to ride. Great atmosphere and staff.

Pros

ski resort

Cons

terrible pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lake Louise Ski Resort. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8Job security/advancement

Compare Lake Louise Ski Resort with

Lake Louise Ski Resort Reviews by Location

• Lake Louise Ski Resort
  • Work-Life Balance
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?