Lake Louise Ski Resort

Lake Louise Ski Resort Management reviews

Canada38 reviews

Clear

Ski hill

Working at a ski hill it's everything you expect. If you're a fan of skiing you'll like this job if you can survive the partying. Can be a boring place to work during the summer.

Such a bad place to work for.

Human Resources and management is very poor. They do not want to help you succeed, and are very in it for themselves. Don’t recommend wasting your time working here.

Pros

Free ski pass

Cons

Only 20% off food and retail, which every other franchise in Lake Louise gives you. No employee recognition or praise.

Bad workplace

The management is really bad. The bosses have no idea what they are doing. Most of the time they're disrespectful and unfriendly. Nobody cares what are you doing, the life here is expensive and the staff accommodation are very bad and most of the time something is broken in house. All the time the customers are unfriendly. The promise in the job offer are lies.

Pros

Ski pass

Cons

Not enough salary

Do not work Food and Beverage anymore

Since the management of F&B (executive chef and Sous Chef) changed, the atmosphere changed from a relaxed and fun work environment where you were actually motivated to work to one where employees are not respected and pushed around. Unpaid overtime is common, when they decide you didn’t manage your time properly, and the management does not understand that this is a place where workers come to have fun. A huge amount of people (including me) have been quitting in the last few weeks or will quitting in the next few, leaving worse conditions for the people left behind, even managers and supervisors that try to make sure you have a good time and are not as harsh are getting pushed out. There will be almost no returning staff for summer season for a very good reason. The upper management seems not to have acknowledged the issues and isn’t tackling them. On the other hand the people you work with are amazing and you will definitely have a good time riding or skiing, but it’s not worth the poor work conditions. There are plenty of great other ski resorts around you can get the same experience and better working conditions.

Pros

It’s a ski hill

Cons

Long hours, unpaid overtime, poor wages, poor management

Don't work food and beverage here

Overall terrible management. They are rude, unorganized, No one knows how to run the place, very little structure. They work you for 10-12 days straight without a day off, no consistent scheduling, I haven't had a day off together with my partner in over a month. They change payroll on you without telling you, if a supervisor asks you to stay later to finish a task and the haven't checked with a manager, there is a good chance they will go behind your back without you knowing and take those hours away to save on over time, even though they pull in millions per year WHILE understaffing. Employees are taken advantage of because 90% are international and don't want to risk being fired for no reason if they bring up an issue. Staff accommodations are not fit to house the amount of people they do. Only good thing about working here is the location, everything about the working environment is the worst I've experienced out of multiple different jobs I've had.

Great Place

This was a realy great place to work, with tons of outlets for different skill levels, the people and customers where great, Upper management needs to be more involved.

Pros

great accomadations

Cons

Upper Management lacking

a mountain full of two-faced liars

Great snow, Beautiful scenery, amazing mountains!!! Awful management, two-faced liars who are breaking the law and firing staff to hide the fact the company is laundering money. Thieves that need to be dealt with.

Pros

snow is good

Cons

money is the root of all evil

Fun and active workplace where management, staff, and guests share similar interests and hobbies

The Lake Louise Ski Resort is a place where you can interact with the most interesting guests from across the globe, snowboard or ski during the work day, and advance your skills in the workplace in one of the most beautiful places our planet has to offer. What I enjoyed most about the ski resort was the location. Buried in the heart of Banff National Park, the ski resort gave you a spectacular view from any window and the ski lodge itself was undeniably breathtaking. In simpler terms, it was very hard to have a bad day at work. The management team gave me an environment to thrive in. Being surrounded by coworkers from almost every continent on the planet opened my eyes to a worldly perspective and not only allowed me to achieve goals on a work level, but also set up goals to improve myself on a personal level; and strive to be the best me possible both inside the workplace and out of it.

Pros

Free ski pass and very fun and affordable staff accommodation

Cons

There aren't any

Awful Management

I don't recommend working for or visiting the Lake Louise Ski Resort. It was fun for one winter, but more than once I witnessed fellow workers be taken advantage of and also wrongfully accused and wrongfully terminated. Don't spend your money or time there.

Positive, Hard Working, Neat

Most days I have had you start with getting the work area ready and cleanly for guests to come through. Receive specials from the kitchen to encourage guest to have. I have learned to work under pressure while keeping a smile and calmness about myself. Multi-tasking when relating to taking orders, remembering different tasks and cleaning the area around me. Learning how to work with different types of personalities between co-workers and guests. Most of the management I have had the pleasure to work with have been on the stricter side of things. This worked best for me because it assisted in making me the hard worker I am today. I like to try and always find a job to fill my time with. There is always something that can be done, is a great skill I have learned. I hardest part of my job is trying to keep the costumers happy that were not very happy to begin with, but I have had a lot of experience with people like this. Will always try my hardest to make the best of a bad situation, so even if a customer does not arrive happy I will always put my best effort to change their mood by the time they leave. The most enjoyable part of my job is learning a new skill and working with people. I love meeting people from around the world and making someones day even better. I think learning a new skill is an important part of developing as an employee and love to put my skills to the test. I will always try to be the best employee I can be, with a positive attitude.

Pros

Meeting people from around the world

Cons

Weather dependant

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Lake Louise Ski Resort?

An Awesome Experience

Lake Louise was the funnest job ive ever had. I met tons of new people and enjoyed work everyday. I love working outdoors, and interacting with guests. Management was fun and easy to work with. The hardest part of the job was having to leave. I recommend anyone to work at least one season at lake louise ski area.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lake Louise Ski Resort. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement